Passport aside...

Mark H.

11 hours ago, O2L said:

Harris has some pretty public issues with Wally and the Lions as well. I think he’s just more mature now, and maybe if Roberts was playing at 30 he would’ve been too. 

That said, looking at everything Harris does, maybe Wally should’ve given him more of the load after all. 

A perfect example of ego getting in the way of good judgment. 

such a tough call.   Roberts was blessed with an insane amount of ability and skill.   Harris is as well but just not on that same level.   Harris is blessed with a superior work ethic, attitude and I think he has more desire and fire in the belly..

So like many others, I gotta pick Roberts for overall eliteness but Harris is much better a fit for the team now. 

but head to head, 1 game or season?  Roberts, hands down.

Skill, just like intelligence, is relative.  That's why I choose Andrew Harris.

You can have all the God given talent in the world, but you then have to apply it accordingly.

The things you are given and the things you are taught only take you so far, after that it's up to you.

As Oscar Wilde rightly said "Nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."

35 minutes ago, tracker said:

The real question is "who would you have on your team in the playoffs?".

Id still take blink.  Harris is a guy you mix in and chip away at the defense with. Blink is  a game changer. Like milt he is a guy who can single handedly win you games. Which out side of QB is exceedingly rare. A glancing look twice harris' longest run of the year was over 50 yards.  Blink had that almost every year. 49 one year in the middle, first and last years here where he didnt play a full season less then that. with a higher peak.

01-08 10,285 rushing, 69 rushing tds, 3396 receiving 13 tds  10+ tds and 1700 yards from the line of scrimmage a year. 

11-17 6,026 rushing 36 tds, 3988 receiving 24 tds  8.5 tds a year 1430 yards from the line of scrimmage. 

Plus blink was a much better return man. Didnt count harris first year, but did count blinks first, last etc. Blink also spent a lot of time sharing touches. Keith stokes, mike sellers, blount etc his first year.  The time before we brought bond and hardrick into the starting position when our OL was playing awful harris was averaging like sub 2 yards per carry. We saw blink run for 1500 in years with Ols that bad or worse. 

Id put forward that the comparison isnt really fair. This is like comparing ben cahoon to milt or geroy. Harris vs mike sellers is more interesting and fair imo. 

1 hour ago, bryan35 said:

Harris. 

He won't be out parting the night before the Grey Cup.

blink on little sleep post party was better then all but a small handful of rbs in football history. Saw him at teasers at like 2am well in the swing of enjoying him self the day of a game with the riders. He turned a loss into a 40 yard or longer run and scored a td on the first drive.  01 was blinks rookie year too. remember harris' rookie year? 0 yards. 

That 01 flop had a lot behind it. The whole team was flat and either woke up too late into the game or not at all. Its the only time i can remember bob cameron having a punt blocked. 

30 minutes ago, tracker said:

And that is the crux of the matter- Roberts had incredible talent, but whether he could he relied on in The Big Game was questionable.

Like what big games pray tell?  And how many RBs have big games in the clutch and see their team lose? 

37 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

blink on little sleep post party was better then all but a small handful of rbs in football history. Saw him at teasers at like 2am well in the swing of enjoying him self the day of a game with the riders. He turned a loss into a 40 yard or longer run and scored a td on the first drive.  01 was blinks rookie year too. remember harris' rookie year? 0 yards. 

That 01 flop had a lot behind it. The whole team was flat and either woke up too late into the game or not at all. Its the only time i can remember bob cameron having a punt blocked. 

07 is the one most of us are talking about. He was, as reported many times, out on the town partying all through GC week, and was a total mess the day of the game. The game where we had a rookie QB starting his first ever game and needed a RB to have a big game. Blink had a poor game and likely cost us the game, where 4pts was the difference...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

07 is the one most of us are talking about. He was, as reported many times, out on the town partying all through GC week, and was a total mess the day of the game. The game where we had a rookie QB starting his first ever game and needed a RB to have a big game. Blink had a poor game and likely cost us the game, where 4pts was the difference...

No matter how talented you are as an athlete, the clock keeps ticking and the day inevitably comes when you can't get away with the crap you pulled when you were younger. The smarter players like Uncle Milt are able to not only extend their careers but their stardom. ChuckBob cold have become a legend but his partying was more important than leaving a legacy. I don't know what Charles Roberts is doing these days, but I would bet his arrogance and carelessness likely followed him into retirement.

13 hours ago, tracker said:

No matter how talented you are as an athlete, the clock keeps ticking and the day inevitably comes when you can't get away with the crap you pulled when you were younger. The smarter players like Uncle Milt are able to not only extend their careers but their stardom. ChuckBob cold have become a legend but his partying was more important than leaving a legacy. I don't know what Charles Roberts is doing these days, but I would bet his arrogance and carelessness likely followed him into retirement.

Almost like there’s a difference between touching the ball 400 times a season and maybe 90.