Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Wheeler is a FA after next year.   Buff could turn into a bad contract.   $7.6M until 2020/2021 when he will be 35.

Also Little making $5.3M until 36.

I'd be looking to unload Little in the off-season, and sign Stastny.  With Lowry and Roslo you've got two centers to take up the slack on lines 3 and 4. Any chance Vesalainen makes the team next year?  He's a winger right?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'd be looking to unload Little in the off-season, and sign Stastny.  With Lowry and Roslo you've got two centers to take up the slack on lines 3 and 4. Any chance Vesalainen makes the team next year?  He's a winger right?

Yeah I don’t think the jets ever considered Stastny as a legit trade option...  little’s contract is now pretty high considering he just doesn’t have chemistry with ehlers and Laine  

I wouldn’t write little off yet. Down year. He does lots of things well still. But I also think the jets would trade him if they had to. We’ll see what happens on a couple years with Laine, Wheeler, Connor. 

But assuming the cap goes up I have a feeling Chevy figures out how to make it all work. 

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

His line mates are Perreault and Roslo. Perreaults okay buit Roslo's not dishing out pizza's.

Lol. 

First laine and ehlers gets the blame for little. 

Now Perreault and Roslo who were actually driving the play on that line

Its not Little tho... Nope... 

Its everyone he plays with this year right

Ill just add... Ive been critical of Maurice in the past but what i see are young players who are all getting better... Say what you want about Maurice.. Hes really good with the kids. 

The Vets tho? Not so much. Little should be called out... Why hasnt he been? Maurice calls out Ehlers or Patty or Scheif but never the Vets. 

He needs to do that at times. 

Hes turned in to a good coach... A great coach for the younger guys actually but its time he starts calling out struggling vets. 

Everytime hes called out one of the kids they respond perfectly. Why doesnt he call out the vets? Can the vets take criticism? If not, why is that. 

Call out Little.. Just once. Say something simple like he hasnt been good cuz coddling him isnt working. 

Edited by Goalie

Trouba signs

You move Myers plus Petan or even Little and in return.. You get a center.. Perhaps a younger one with more upside. 

RFA to be this off season

Helle Morrissey Trouba Lowry Armia Tanev Dano and others (Petan Lemieux etc types) 

UFA Toby Matthias Hutch 

Next year UFA Wheeler 

RFA Connor Roslo Laine 

Just not enough money to keep them all. 

19 hours ago, Goalie said:

Stastny is a rental. People should prob just accept it. 

I can't see him fitting into the Jets' future plans simply based on the salary cap and the fact the team has a number of upcoming free agents to re-sign.

Little's 6-year extension which kicks in starting next season is one particularly large factor, IMO.

Well i hate to say i called Little 's extension as a mistake but i did. He has been hurt the year before last and he may have lost a step or two. Seemed like too long a term for a guy over 30. But Chevy has done a lot more than i gave him credit for as well with his patience so hell we might have to trade Little and it costs us some dough. Big deal. He rewarded a players loyalty to our team, can't blame him for that.