Bombers at Shmoes GDT

Nolby

Just now, wbbfan said:

Football players, amongst other athletes far far too often fall into riding cliches into the dirt during interviews. When one is well spoken and legitimately intelligent it is a surprise.  They are among the top few percentile in terms of athletic ability, to then also be in a high percentile intelligently really puts them in rarefied air. 

Intelligence isn't what is stopping Lankford from becoming a premier receiver, nor is it his speed. He presented well in an early-season interview and sounded humble and grateful but I'm not sure has that competitive hunger and drive to be a Milt Stegall.

Just now, Mark F said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/todd-howard/

lots of success in his career.

Yeah. Iirc he was a disciple of coach harris. I tend to look long and hard at talent then scheme. A positional coach may hinder a players progression if they arent good or the two have a bad clash personality wise. But I dont think thatd be the fault for inconsistency in performance. richie hall probably also looks like he has had tons of success. 

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Intelligence isn't what is stopping Lankford from becoming a premier receiver, nor is it his speed. He presented well in an early-season interview and sounded humble and grateful but I'm not sure has that competitive hunger and drive to be a Milt Stegall.

Cant say whats lacking with out knowing inside stuff. Football smarts are very different from being well spoken. Preparation is a big difference maker for a lot of top athletes.  Bruce arians in his book talked a great deal about that when it came to peyton manning and andrew luck. And the difference between manning and ryan leaf. I think that is a huge factor. The best stars are allways hungry to improve, be better and do better. They grind day in and day out, be it on the field in meetings or doing film study. 

Milt also had next level athletic endurance. Football focuses soo much on explosive guys a lot of guys run a lot slower in the 4th then the first. milt ran at a high speed every snap.

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm too much of a nationalist, for sure, but I find that Americans, especially ones from the south, are almost unintelligible sometimes. And a lot of y'know.... Awwwmmmmm.... Y'know.... 

"Y'know. S'like dis. It's zeero to zeero. Ax god for hep. 'Tis will, in his hans. Aw ways tankful."

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm too much of a nationalist, for sure, but I find that Americans, especially ones from the south, are almost unintelligible sometimes. And a lot of y'know.... Awwwmmmmm.... Y'know.... 

yeah I was just breaking your balls..... ;)

Edited by kelownabomberfan