argo/shmoes/lions/stamps

Mark F

2 minutes ago, Judd said:

I think we want Calgary to win. We don't play them till the very last week of the season. If they have first locked up then we play their B squad. that's 2 points we should be able to run away with 

Ya but what if they fall back to 3 losses and we have a shot at 1st....?

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ya but what if they fall back to 3 losses and we have a shot at 1st....?

I should have prefaced by saying I am too cynical to see us 1st in the West. I'm bitter.

Hosting the West semi would be a huge step for this franchise and that's a fair expectation I think 

Edited by Judd

11 minutes ago, Judd said:

I should have prefaced by saying I am too cynical to see us 1st in the West. I'm bitter.

Hosting the West semi would be a huge step for this franchise and that's a fair expectation I think 

That sucks... I feel sad for you. 

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Lame Offensive PI on Duke Williams and a non call on the Reilly head hit (it was for sure a head hit) perhaps robbed the Schmoes of a comeback win. Brutal for Edmonton.

Offensive PI? Arm extended on the push from Williams = good call and review. The Duke has already got a reputation for pushing off, and getting away with it. That's his MO. There would have been a point when he starts to get called on those push-offs. Perhaps today was the start.

On the Reilly hit. Yes, I believe that would have been a penalty if it was reviewed. If only they had a challenge left. Tough choice.

Perhaps it was kharma..

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Reilly didn't have great receivers to make circus catches for him he'd be nothing as a CFL qb.  He just throws the ball up for them to make great catches. I respect his toughness but the more I watch him, especially this year he's not (in my mind) the great qb we make him out to be.  Give Nichols that receiving corps & watch what he'd do. 

A well prepared secondary could have a field day picking off Reilly's throws, that's for sure.  This is nothing new, he's always been a gambler and chucks the ball well down  field often on a hope and a prayer when he probably shouldn't .  Fortunately for him, his receivers catch a lot of them.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The guys who wear Old Man Pants will remember this qb. Jonathan Jennings reminds me of Paul Brothers. lasted 3 years as the Lions starter before being replaced by Don Moorehead. Lots of potential who just didn't measure up. 

did you also tie onions on your belts?  It was the style at the time.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

As Bombers fans, do we have a dog in this BC/Cgy game? On one hand, keep BC back of us and let Cgy run away and hide. On the other, I believe Wpg can win the west so maybe bring the Stamps back to us a bit? 

We've been feasting on the same teams Calgary has with the exception of BC. Man, that loss sucks. Could very well cost us first overall. I'm afraid we're going to have to beat Calgary straight-up, and probably in the WF in Calgary if we want us some Grey Cup. 

Some huge games coming up for us and a really scary one is the Toronto game in Toronto. Trestman has them playing some good ball and Ricky Ray is a savvy vet.

12 hours ago, J5V said:

We've been feasting on the same teams Calgary has with the exception of BC. Man, that loss sucks. Could very well cost us first overall. I'm afraid we're going to have to beat Calgary straight-up, and probably in the WF in Calgary if we want us some Grey Cup. 

Some huge games coming up for us and a really scary one is the Toronto game in Toronto. Trestman has them playing some good ball and Ricky Ray is a savvy vet.

Didn't toronto lose to Hamilton a week ago? Id say they are the definition of A 500 team. Good one week. Crap the next. Ray struggles against the Bombers and always has. 

16 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

did you also tie onions on your belts?  It was the style at the time.

Three tips on:  Onions as Adornments

1) Rather than hanging on the belt,  I have found that wearing the onions inside my briefs really has a way of attracting the fairer sex. 

2) I've also learned the hard way, that the onions should be concealed in the front of the undergarment and not the back.

3) It helps if they are roughly the same size.