Unbiased Commentary

Medlockmoney

52 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

With Suitor especially it is always a Riders Circle Jerk.

Cuthbert was right in there with him smiling away as they gushed about Kevin Glenn's quick release and the superior Rider players on offense, defense and special teams, not to mention the incredible job Jones has done rebuilding this team. Made me want to puke, as usual. I should have streamed CJOB instead.

11 minutes ago, Blue Beard said:

Well, the  Bombers rolled over for them so that didn't help.  Would have been nice to show up and shut them up but this team is soft, real soft.  Total lack of heart and it showed today.

Have to give your head a shake if you think this team is soft .. we've gotten up off the mat in a number of games this year already and were fighting back in this one.

It was a game of momentum and the Riders had it from the get go .. they were catching all the breaks and making things happen and to be honest .. I think many people around here expected this kind of game today.

We were never going to win out .. but now we have to respond .. I've sat through countless games where the team HAS rolled over .. it's not in this group's make up.

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Have to give your head a shake if you think this team is soft .. we've gotten up off the mat in a number of games this year already and were fighting back in this one.

It was a game of momentum and the Riders had it from the get go .. they were catching all the breaks and making things happen and to be honest .. I think many people around here expected this kind of game today.

We were never going to win out .. but now we have to respond .. I've sat through countless games where the team HAS rolled over .. it's not in this group's make up.

No shake needed, this team is soft and was beat down today.  Will they respond next week?  I sure hope so but don't be surprised if the Riders come in and punch us in the mouth again.   Leaning toward getting lucky rather than getting off the mat.  No team with any real heart embarrasses themselves like that imo.

Yeah we got a soft team, that's why the Riders had a bunch of guys go down injured (not the fake ones either, legit ones) 

I said it in the chat, teams take on the personality of their head coaches and we see that with these teams. Bombers are a tough team that doesn't do a lot of dirty stuff, the Riders act like a bunch of dinks. 

On 9/3/2017 at 8:55 PM, J5V said:

Cuthbert was right in there with him smiling away as they gushed about Kevin Glenn's quick release and the superior Rider players on offense, defense and special teams, not to mention the incredible job Jones has done rebuilding this team. Made me want to puke, as usual. I should have streamed CJOB instead.

For years I've actually found Cuthbert worse than Suitor and others for both the Bombers and the Jets.  Although on his twitter feed he professes to be neutral not cheering for or against any team,  he has this subtle undertone  of 'ah it's Winnipeg, whatever' feel to his voice.

Suitor was on 1290 yesterday and must have referenced the fake Rider injuries....AS A BOMBER EXCUSE...about 4 times.     No where have I seen a Bomber use that as an excuse for the loss.   Did they like it? No.  Did the Riders deserve the W, absolutely.  Darren Cameron rightly took objection with Rod Pedersen making the same accusation. 

Suitor's like Pedersen, only he's played the game and is half intelligent at least.   Anytime there's a fire to stoke, this numbskulls go full  board.  I suppose a Rider fan could rightly accuse Dougie and Westwood of doing the same here. 

Maybe it's my bias, but I find Stegall extremely professional.  He likes the Bombers, but doesn't stop him from being objective.  FWIW 85 said all fair game re: Riders and their "injuries". 

And Cuthbert....by golly, he's one of the best in biz. 

Okay, there's no TSN bias against the Bombers, right? Why is it that on the TSN Winnipeg Blue Bombers page dedicated to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/team/winnipeg-blue-bombers/) there is not a single WBB pic but something like 9 pics of the Riders? TSN is gushing over the Riders on OUR page! Then they gush all over them again on their page (http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/team/saskatchewan-roughriders). No TSN bias, my ass!

"Oh no!" "Unbelievable". How many times you gonna say "unbelievable", Cuthbert?

Edited by J5V
Add a TSN bias video

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

Chris Cuthbert is straight up the best PBP personality in Canada, and the best hockey PBP personality in the world. Full stop. Dude is a straight up pro.

To each their own.   

Matt Dunigan as a color guy for football and Jim Hughson  for hockey are my favorites. Both get me emotionally into the game.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

To each their own.   

Matt Dunigan as a color guy for football and Jim Hughson  for hockey are my favorites. Both get me emotionally into the game.

well he did say play by play so that automatically excludes Dunigan and every other colour guy. As for Hughson, ugh seriously? That guy is so over rated it's not even funny. Cuthbert is so much better at hockey than him it's not even funny. Best in the country AINEC. Though that says as much about the competition as anything. 

15 hours ago, 17to85 said:

well he did say play by play so that automatically excludes Dunigan and every other colour guy. As for Hughson, ugh seriously? That guy is so over rated it's not even funny. Cuthbert is so much better at hockey than him it's not even funny. Best in the country AINEC. Though that says as much about the competition as anything. 

Again, to each their own.  I'm just telling you what I enjoy, color guy or main announcer.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ya  if you're a EuroNucks fan, you'd definitely enjoy Hughson... 

I worked a lot of late afternoon and evenings while out on the Left Coast at a gas station, so I had a lot time to listen to games. I enjoyed Hughson, even if I was often cheering against the Canucks.