Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Work outs i imagine dont count. maybe rookie camp too?

That would make sense. Not a bad rule, really. Good for him for finishing. If it cost him time at an NFL camp, I would question his decision but not for a CFL camp.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

That would make sense. Not a bad rule, really. Good for him for finishing. If it cost him time at an NFL camp, I would question his decision but not for a CFL camp.

Yeah i like the rule. If any thing i would like to see schools accommodate student athletes better and allow them to finish early. 

Dont like seeing talented players miss camp. Especially young ones. But i get it. And his degree could well earn him more money then the cfl long run. I certainly respect him for his decision making process.  

12 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

TiCats/Argos live stream now on.

https://allaccess.ticats.ca

Bethel-Thompson starting the game for the Argos.

not many people there.

mcleod bethel does not look very good to me. he sure gets a lot of chances to be a pro football player. way more than kaepernick.

Edited by Mark F

22 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Why the hell, is Trestman giving MBT half the game?   Maybe Willy is on the ropes.

What's interesting is why the main men...Ray and Willy aren't getting reps in this, their last pre-season game.

I expect Matthews and Fajardo to get the second half..

Only 9 penalties in a half....different refs

I like the way we rotated QBs over two games.

Just now, Mr Dee said:

What's interesting is why the main men...Ray and Willy aren't getting reps in this, their last pre-season game.

Bizarre, I wonder if Trestman has a clue what he's stepping into, after all he wasn't exactly following the CFL in his time down south.

Montreal – The Montreal Alouettes announced the following transactions on Friday.

Players added to the practice roster
Daniel Awoleke (I), DT, Southern Florida
Malcolm Carter (N), WR, Carleton
T.J. Graham (I), WR, North Carolina State
Travis Hawkins (I), DB, Delaware
Sean Jamieson (N), OL, Western Ontario
Kyler Kerbyson (I), OL, Tennessee
Ventral McMillan (I), DL, Tennessee at Chattanooga
Deandre Reaves (I), WR, Marshall
Oumar Touré (N), FB, Sherbrooke

Players released
Dillon Campbell (N), RB, Wilfrid Laurier
Josh Furman (I), LB, Oklahoma State
Isaac Lauzon (N), FB, Sherbrooke
Aundrey Walker (I), OL, USC

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017/06/16/alouettes-transactions-june-16/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MontrealAlouettes+(Montreal+Alouettes)

35 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Willy either they have given up on or is firmly entrenched at no2.  Ray, they are milking any healthy and as many passes out of as possible. At this point in his career he just needs health. If he could stay healthy id take ray with no preseason games over all the qbs in the league save reilly, and BLM. 

22 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Montreal – The Montreal Alouettes announced the following transactions on Friday.

Players added to the practice roster
Daniel Awoleke (I), DT, Southern Florida
Malcolm Carter (N), WR, Carleton
T.J. Graham (I), WR, North Carolina State
Travis Hawkins (I), DB, Delaware
Sean Jamieson (N), OL, Western Ontario
Kyler Kerbyson (I), OL, Tennessee
Ventral McMillan (I), DL, Tennessee at Chattanooga
Deandre Reaves (I), WR, Marshall
Oumar Touré (N), FB, Sherbrooke

Players released
Dillon Campbell (N), RB, Wilfrid Laurier
Josh Furman (I), LB, Oklahoma State
Isaac Lauzon (N), FB, Sherbrooke
Aundrey Walker (I), OL, USC

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017/06/16/alouettes-transactions-june-16/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MontrealAlouettes+(Montreal+Alouettes)

Any one know if malcolm carter is going back to school?

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

not many people there.

mcleod bethel does not look very good to me. he sure gets a lot of chances to be a pro football player. way more than kaepernick.

career TC / practice mvp. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

v5g3n9.jpg

Did you hear that?

That's the sound of the Rider fans hopes and crazy dreams of playoffs hitting reality...

Hate to say it but those receivers from BC would also dismantle that Bluebombers D.

1 minute ago, Kluchk said:

Hate to say it but those receivers from BC would also dismantle that Bluebombers D.

For my money that is the best wr core in the league. Maybe more talented groups else where, but i dont think one works as well as a unit or fits as well in their offense. And imo our system would be the primary limiting factor in that match up. If we played a traditional style of D I think we would do as well as can be expected in this era of the cfl. But i think BC is the 2nd best team in the league. Bc and calgary are the elite teams imop. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

v5g3n9.jpg

Did you hear that?

That's the sound of the Rider fans hopes and crazy dreams of playoffs hitting reality...

Only if glenn got hurt. Other wise the shine of a new season will last a few weeks. If it goes as I would expect (thud) its gonna get real ugly real fast. Jones cant be out of the league fast enough. 

I know it's preseason but watching the Riders getting crushed is still fun....

Their D line looks much improved! But it could be because I don't think BCs oline is very good. Well be interesting to see how the Rider D looks against Calgary. Rider secondary is absoutly brutal. No safety to even speak of. The offence has some great receivers but that oline and lack of any stable QB and I'm not sure they put up many points this year. 

BC receivers are going to be tough to beat this year!!