Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

25 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

A break (no pun intended) for us when we play them early in the season.  Sucks for him though. Very good player.

Calgary StampedersVerified account @calstampeders 1m1 minute ago

Dave Dickenson: Cordarro Law has a break in his leg and will be out for a while

MOS interpretation.  "Lower body, out for awhile."

On 6/12/2017 at 3:54 PM, lyin' guy said:

Looks like Vince Young has a torn hamstring. 34 years old, hasn't played in 6 years...........never saw that coming. 

As of today bringing in Young is still, officially , never ever a bad idea or waste of time. Check back on this file as it will change when it becomes safe and fashionable for the choir to condemn Jones 

Seems odd that only the Bombers and the Lions have made any cuts so far.  I guess one perspective is that teams that are holding off don't want to influence the cuts of other teams by making certain players (ie. vets) available before the deadline.  Looking at you Hufnagel.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

28 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Seems odd that only the Bombers and the Lions have made any cuts so far.  I guess one perspective is that teams that are holding off don't want to influence the cuts of other teams by making certain players (ie. vets) available before the deadline.  Looking at you Hufnagel.

And that's why Huffer is the heir-apparent to Wally the Whiz.

18 hours ago, Zontar said:

As of today bringing in Young is still, officially , never ever a bad idea or waste of time. Check back on this file as it will change when it becomes safe and fashionable for the choir to condemn Jones 

Still not sure if Young was simply a novelty signing....or a vanity (Jones) one.

Looking at the Riders and the Argonauts depth charts, I like the Argo's much better.

They have more proven talent and if you ask me are much deeper. The Riders may have some serious depth issues that have to be addressed.

I think that if things start out bad and slow in Saskatchewan you can see a real circus unfolding almost more bizzare than last year.

And if Carter isn't getting the balls he feels he deserves, or the QB'ing just isn't getting it done (either by deteriorating skill from Glenn..or inexperience from Bridge) then I see him creating riffs amount the team and becoming a distraction and cancer...gee where have we heard that before??

Looks like Hardaway is doing his thing again & costing another client money.

" Sources say the Eskimos made Behar a take it or leave it offer: $77,000 in year one “guaranteed money” with exactly the same total cash over three seasons as Vandervoort who was picked No. 3 overall. However, over the last few weeks, Edmonton general manager Brock Sunderland reduced the offer by at least $20,000 as days passed without an agreement. "

http://3downnation.com/2017/06/15/whats-at-the-centre-of-eskimos-nate-behar-contract-standoff-and-relatable-contract-numbers/

Just some observations...

?‍?It seems to me the Bombers have perfected the "catch the punt...return the punt for a TD...and have it called back because of a penalty scenario" to a tee.  - Stop it!

?‍?Just read the Nate Behar non-signing with Edmonton. His agent is J. Hardaway. Edmonton has just reduced their offer by $20,000. Their initial offer matched what BC paid Vandervoort…

?‍?That Jason Maas is an odd egg, inint he? Leaving so many vets behind..Reilly, his starter won't play. Most of the O-Line won't play. 

No matter the outcome the Bombers can't win…

Edited by Mr Dee

Just now, Mark F said:

There are quite a few word plays for a player named Judge if he turns into a good defensive player. Since he's with Sask, will refrain from going further.

Well if he turns out to be a typical Rider, he'll probably end up standing in front of a judge before long!

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Judge missing most of TC and one would assume both ex. games has to hurt his development this year.

I'd deal for Behar.

I like judge as a prospect. But yeah missing TC is huge. Especially for a guy coming from the US game. I imagine he could still be an impact players on Teams pretty quickly. 

Behar must be nuts holding out for more money then vandervoort got? But i would love his talent in blue n gold. Neufie would be a great deal for us too. I could see some one getting desperate enough to give up some thing of solid value for him this year. 

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Don't blame Judge for wanting to finish finals. NFL has a rule where rookie players must finish up there semester before being able to attend off season activities.

Didn't Judge work out for the Texans or another NFL team? Or am I getting him confused with someone else?