Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Fear not, I hear the Chris Jones has Matt Leinart on speed dial if Vince Young doesn't work out.

I hear Jamarcus Russell is still looking for a job, He said he will pay for free even.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/15384038/jamarcus-russell-says-play-free-just-wants-another-chance

Edited by Gotmilt

well I guess technically Bennett was a FA due to PR players automatically being released upon seasons end, but it still sounded like the Riders signing him came as a bit of a surprise to the bombers and perhaps they would have prefered to keep him.

Just saying If Apodaca shows well I'd like to keep him around in some capacity where we won't have to be looking over our shoulder as a team to the left of us will be in dire need for QB rescue and kicking tires anywhere they can to fill that gap

30 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

well I guess technically Bennett was a FA due to PR players automatically being released upon seasons end, but it still sounded like the Riders signing him came as a bit of a surprise to the bombers and perhaps they would have prefered to keep him.

Just saying If Apodaca shows well I'd like to keep him around in some capacity where we won't have to be looking over our shoulder as a team to the left of us will be in dire need for QB rescue and kicking tires anywhere they can to fill that gap

Front office!!  Name him Quarterbacks Recruiting Consultant...  

14 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

You must have read that on Riderfans....along with predictions that he will be their starting QB. Truth is we LET him become a FA. If he is a QB were really intent on keeping him we would have made sure he was not on the PR at season's end.

Danny McManus - on Americans up in the CFL

"Down in the NFL, they still let you touch a little bit after five yards. Here, I tell ’em we’ve got spotters up in the box that aren’t even watching the ball, they’re just watching the receivers. If a guy gets pulled after five, they’re telling Mike (O’Shea), ‘Throw the flag, we’ve gotta challenge that.’

"It takes a while"..."One full season, a guy will understand everything that’s going on. Two full seasons, now he’s able to play within that package. Usually by the third season, he’s ready to roll." (?‍? sounds like D. Davis)

CFL News 

O'Shea says Rookie Camp is 'About Them Learning Enough to Compete" - CFL.ca @CFL cfl.ca/2017/05/25/osh… #Bombers #CFL

Vandervoort: "It's exciting. The learning has already been great." - BC Lions @BCLions bclions.com/2017/05/25/van… #CFL #BCLions

Buono Previews Mini-Camp: "The athletes we have fill our needs" - BC Lions @BCLions bclions.com/2017/05/24/buo…

#BCLions #CFL

?‍? one of the best things about Marcus Ball signing in Toronto is that it frustrated the Rider fans who thought Regina, with Jones, was his destination...

?‍?The veterans are coming...

?‍?Is it Sunday yet?