Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

BOMBERS ROOKIE CAMP

Schedule

Wednesday, May 24

(At Subway Soccer South, University of Manitoba)

Practice: 3-4:45 p.m.

Thursday, May 25

(At Investors Group Field)

Practice: 10:15 a.m.-1:30 p.m.

Friday, May 26

Practice: 10:15 a.m.-11:55 a.m.

I was surprised rookie camp is so short  ... teaching opportunity

Wondering why ... new rules, budget, taking it easy on staff , or ....

13 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

BOMBERS ROOKIE CAMP

Schedule

Wednesday, May 24

(At Subway Soccer South, University of Manitoba)

Practice: 3-4:45 p.m.

Thursday, May 25

Practice: 10:15 a.m.-1:30 p.m.

Friday, May 26

Practice: 10:15 a.m.-11:55 a.m.

I was surprised rookie camp is so short  ... teaching opportunity

Wondering why ... new rules, budget, taking it easy on staff , or ....

Rookie camp has been only 3 days for as long as I can remember.  I think it is regulated by the league and/or CFLPA.

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

... sounds good, up until last year this was my approach as a long suffering fan of this team ;)

duff18382-2.jpg

I preferred the Swedish equivalent during those dark times.

tumblr_m9kemsakoN1rtr3kno1_500.png

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

He had a lot of help also though ...

You're right. It was a collective bed-crapping but Kelly wearing the GM and HC hat put a lot of blame at his feet when he was shown the door.

17 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I preferred the Swedish equivalent during those dark times.

You're right. It was a collective bed-crapping but Kelly wearing the GM and HC hat put a lot of blame at his feet when he was shown the door.

Judging by the current state of affairs in Riderville I'd wager John Murphy also had a lot to do with the gongshow that was the 09 Bombers.

Edited by Atomic

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Darrin Bauming - Investors Group Field is abuzz with activity today. Many players already in town working out. #Bombers coaches prepping for camp.

Darren Cameron - First overall selection @Faith_Joseph has arrived in Winnipeg. On field tomorrow 3pm to start rookie camp. #FortheW

Gotta have Faith in the Bombers this season.

Just now, Atomic said:

Judging by the current state of affairs in Riderville I'd wager John Murphy also had a lot to do with the gongshow that was the 09 Bombers.

The same John Murphy who went on to help Hufnagel in Calgary...? I'm not sure about that. When given the opportunity, he seems to succeed.

I'd put more blame on Kelly and Jones, the GMs in charge - not an assistant whose forte is talent down south. I also have to wonder how much actual say Murphy is getting in Jonestown right now.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The same John Murphy who went on to help Hufnagel in Calgary...? I'm not sure about that. When given the opportunity, he seems to succeed.

I'd put more blame on Kelly and Jones, the GMs in charge - not an assistant whose forte is talent down south. I also have to wonder how much actual say Murphy is getting in Jonestown right now.

Yes maybe it is just a coincidence that he has found himself in a similar situation again.  Maybe not.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Or is it a case of Hufnagel kept him in line? I dunno seems to me that given his associations with a couple egomaniacs I would say that he's got some ego issues of his own but a guy as strong as Hufnagel keeps him in his place. 

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Or is it a case of Hufnagel kept him in line? I dunno seems to me that given his associations with a couple egomaniacs I would say that he's got some ego issues of his own but a guy as strong as Hufnagel keeps him in his place. 

Could be. I've rarely seen him speak and he seems pretty knowledgeable in terms of American talent, but I'm no sure how ego plays into how he operates. I think  Hufnagel knew how to maximize Murphy's talents and let him do his thing for the better of the Stampeders, an organization that never seems short on talent or depth. I have to think he learned a lot under Hufnagel, too.

We do know Jones is an egomaniac of pretty epic proportions, so I have to think Murphy is just told to tow the company line. It seems like Jones wants to take credit for everything, which leads me to believe everyone else has to be a yesman.

Edited by blue_gold_84