Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

Considering BC was trying to sign Waggoner as an import LB prior to Forde connecting the dots, I wonder how much other teams kind of forced our hand bidding it up on us?  Given the hype and his resume, it wasn't a bad pick at the time,  just didn't work out for us better. C'est la vie. We still ended up with Trent Corney and Michael Couture in the 2016 draft so it's all good

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Considering BC was trying to sign Waggoner as an import LB prior to Forde connecting the dots, I wonder how much other teams kind of forced our hand bidding it up on us?  Given the hype and his resume, it wasn't a bad pick at the time,  just didn't work out for us better. C'est la vie. We still ended up with Trent Corney and Michael Couture in the 2016 draft so it's all good

And loffler!

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

IIRC, there were 3 (maybe 4) other teams bidding on Waggoner and this is why we went so high to get him. Disappointing that it didn't work out but it wasn't an off the board move by Walters.

12 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I dont really care which is superior or not. 

As long as it is Bombers discussion. 

Are you a Riders fan? Cause only Riders fan has that mentality. Hello we are superior than you! ?

Wait, now let me get this straight. Saying this place is superior than the other Bomber site (which it is) makes me a Rider fan? LOL!

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Feel like today most guys are drafted based on testing numbers not game film. Plenty guys whose forty does not shine but play way faster than they test. Got a feeling one or both Heardmans or Mulumba are in that category.

On 2017-5-13 at 9:23 PM, Taynted_Fayth said:

The same thing could be said about Poblah. The Argos put him on their neg list as an import receiver before he got his paperwork together to get his non-import status. If he had been in the regular draft, iirc, consensus amongst the experts was he would have been a top 3 pick.

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 0:34 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wait, now let me get this straight. Saying this place is superior than the other Bomber site (which it is) makes me a Rider fan? LOL!

No it makes you act like a Riderfan. Devoid of class with a false sense of superiority.

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎13 at 10:07 AM, Ripper said:

Yes it has.  I'm curious also about his roster bonus he likely collected before he retired too.  Seems retirements are more funny and discussion worthy when they happen elsewhere

No roster bonus sorry,

"I'm curious about the roster bonus" is such a strange thing to say. It's like ever since it happened with Mo Price, it's become this strange obsession Rider fans had.

Why in the world do you think for even a second that a rookie would have a roster bonus of any significant consequence to the salary cap.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

"I'm curious about the roster bonus" is such a strange thing to say. It's like ever since it happened with Mo Price, it's become this strange obsession Rider fans had.

Why in the world do you think for even a second that a rookie would have a roster bonus of any significant consequence to the salary cap.

I'm not sure why Rider fans think that something bad happening to another team makes their dumpster fire better. Would Waggoner having an insignificant roster bonus paid out make the Mo Price debacle look better? Not really. They signed him to a contract, paid him a signing bonus...not a roster bonus, and he promptly retired. Not really the same thing.,

Edited by gcn11

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, it makes you a bully like the arse you already are over there. You behave over here because people wouldn't stand for it & you know it.

Who is behaving like the arse? Certainly isn't me.  What's the matter...you think you can throw drive bys  and not have to sack up when called on it? Would you like a little cheese with your whine. You want to interject an unsolicited opinion into something then either own it, defend it, or take your lumps over it. Don't cry about it when someone challenges it. Disagreeing with your offending comment is not being a bully. You are starting to sound like GBill.

Edited by gcn11

14 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Who is behaving like the arse? Certainly isn't me.  What's the matter...you think you can throw drive bys  and not have to sack up when called on it? Would you like a little cheese with your whine. You want to interject an unsolicited opinion into something then either own it, defend it, or take your lumps over it. Don't cry about it when someone challenges it.

Not crying. I like this place a lot more than where you hang out. And it is a better website. I get my Bomber fix here & talk to posters that I respect & like.

For the record, I don't really agree with the way you handled it. I know how his words came across and for the record, I think both forums have their place in our online community and don't think it's necessary to proclaim one as superior to the other. But you really went after him there. :blink: