Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
rebusrankin

MOS Bringing the gang all back

Recommended Posts

The talent on D was let down by the coaching.  I saw Lawless subtly mentioning they can do better than Hall, that was a couple of weeks ago so I expect this to become a story as the off-season progresses.  if Lawless was talking about it, he got it from somewhere.  If they retain Hall, he will be the first one canned if the D doesnt improve quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The talent on D was let down by the coaching.  I saw Lawless subtly mentioning they can do better than Hall, that was a couple of weeks ago so I expect this to become a story as the off-season progresses.  if Lawless was talking about it, he got it from somewhere.  If they retain Hall, he will be the first one canned if the D doesnt improve quickly.

I honestly can't see how they would improve quickly.  Hall has coached the same type of defense his entire career.  I'm not sure he is capable of making changes to his schemes... If he is, why hasn't he?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BomberBall said:

I honestly can't see how they would improve quickly.  Hall has coached the same type of defense his entire career.  I'm not sure he is capable of making changes to his schemes... If he is, why hasn't he?

 

I can only imagine that he sees the writing on the wall and makes some adjustments or MOS gets more involved.  More likely, nothing changes.  Maybe nothing changes all season.  But I just thought it was interesting that Lawless planted the seed that the Bombers can do better than Hall...makes me wonder if that's the opinion of Miller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I can only imagine that he sees the writing on the wall and makes some adjustments or MOS gets more involved.  More likely, nothing changes.  Maybe nothing changes all season.  But I just thought it was interesting that Lawless planted the seed that the Bombers can do better than Hall...makes me wonder if that's the opinion of Miller.

Hard to say what might have prompted Lawless to make the comment.... I wouldn't be surprised if Miller and Walters are wanting things to change on D.  Hopefully they'll take a good long look a it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Heath/Randle/Loffler/Fogg/Frederick/ Leggett/Westerman/Cummings are some really good pieces too I think they do better with say Thorpe, Steinhaur, Mark Nelson

Thorpe in a heartbeat.  loved his aggressive defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lawless had mentioned during the season that before Greg Knox had left they were trying to groom him to be next DC and that he was going to be installing some pressure packages during the year. Maybe MOS looks at some that fits that role better than Hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Fantastic...Set a new mark for the biggest blown lead in CFL playoff history, make one of the dumbest decisions in CFL playoff history, and sing kumbaya by the fire with everyone after the fact for the foreseeable future. :rolleyes:

Is that true? If so, I would find that surprising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Fantastic...Set a new mark for the biggest blown lead in CFL playoff history, make one of the dumbest decisions in CFL playoff history, and sing kumbaya by the fire with everyone after the fact for the foreseeable future. :rolleyes:

 

According to Penton -  "making it the second biggest blown lead in CFL playoff history."

           *seems to be some confusion on this....

But no matter. It will be remembered...and that's too bad. The game itself, barring the final result, was a truly fantastic  CFL game that had a bit of everything. 

For me, it doesn't matter when the points are scored, as long as we win. Alas, that didn't happen. We were one play away...

Edited by Mr Dee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's keep things in perspective here, we were 11-7 and had a good team. 

We also need a stud at DE. Thankfully, the guys we put out at the other spot were a hell of a lot better than Greg Peach, but they were all average at best. Westerman also wasn't nearly as good as he was in 2015. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, do or die said:

Pretty sure Hall will be retained.   Better beef up the DL and get some run stuffers at MIB/ILB

But isn't Westerman , Shologan and Cummings considered an elite D-line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they are... I'm just not sure if they were used to the best of their ability at times. 

Example: First half vs BC... pressure and getting sacks 

2nd half: not so much. 

Is it the players who got it done in the first half or the way they were used in the second half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't O'Shea also say something to this effect when talking about Bellefueille last season and then fire him anyways? I wouldn't put any stock into what he says about his staff for next year, with the exception of Lapo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×