September 21 - 22 Practise

Slingin Sammy

Johnson alternates, throughout a game, making plays and getting beat badly. That guy whiffs on a LOT of open-field tackles. Adams has the ability, but has been mostly solid since his return. It was Randle last week that got picked on pretty badly.

Adams held holley to a big fat 0 in the banjo bowl. And then had a great game against TO, almost getting a pick.

Randle did struggle a bit. But I'm not about to blame him for that long TD he gave up where Westermen completely whiffed on the sack and WR had time to run the longest post corner route I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Johnson alternates, throughout a game, making plays and getting beat badly. That guy whiffs on a LOT of open-field tackles. Adams has the ability, but has been mostly solid since his return. It was Randle last week that got picked on pretty badly.

Agreed, he might also be the best HB in the league at breaking up those WR screen passes. He's always right there ready to make a tackle for a loss or break up the play all together.

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Yup. Seems to be the case. Nothing wrong with practise reports buy maybe let's not talk about the scheme and such. 

c'mon guys...Dickenson and every other co-ordinator know what we're running...and our practises are open to the public...that's not the only time we've used the formation I refer to above; I mentioned it specifically to give others an idea what it looks like, (it was the best video example I could think of)...but I appreciate what you're saying...I wouldn't ever disclose gadget plays etc that other teams may never have seen us run...if the mods want to delete it...I have no objection

Edited by Slingin Sammy

September 22 Tweets

Bob Irving‏ @BobIrvingCJOB
Ryan smith practicing first team receiver in place of thomas Mayo at bomber practice.Sep 22, 2016, 11:43 AM

Ted Wyman‏ @Ted_Wyman
RB Timothy Flanders is working with the first-team offence for #bombers ... Andrew Harris out there but not practisingSep 22, 2016, 11:46 AM

Jeff Hamilton‏ @jeffkhamilton
Andrew Harris on the field at IGF but not participating in drills. Ian Wild is also out. Ryan Smith back with 1st team. #BombersSep 22, 2016, 11:48 AM from Winnipeg, Manitoba

Darrin Bauming‏ @DarrinBauming
Day 3, still no practise participation for Andrew Harris or Ian Wild. Khalil Bass is back. McDuffie missed Day 1, again today. #Bombers

#Bombers first-team O today includes Flanders, Smith, Dressler, Feoli-Gudino, Denmark, and Kohlert.Sep 22, 2016, 12:02 PM

Edited by Slingin Sammy

2 hours ago, Slingin Sammy said:

c'mon guys...Dickenson and every other co-ordinator know what we're running...and our practises are open to the public...that's not the only time we've used the formation I refer to above; I mentioned it specifically to give others an idea what it looks like, (it was the best video example I could think of)...but I appreciate what you're saying...I wouldn't ever disclose gadget plays etc that other teams may never have seen us run...if the mods want to delete it...I have no objection

No, this is all on you.

Calgary had no idea where to find game tape on the Bombers before you put that youtube link up.

T.J. Heath is also taking some reps at kick returner. If McDuffie is out; Heath, Fogg, Feoli-Gudino, and Leggett are options there. #Bombers

T.J. Heath enters the #Bombers first-team D as they roll out their dime package, aka six DBs.

Starting rush end Justin Cole is a non-participant on Day 3 of #Bombers practice, as he was on Day 1 as well.

O'Shea will not make any determination on #Bombers players with injury status in question: Andrew Harris, McDuffie, Wild, Richards.

45 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Looks like Cole missed practice again today.

Who's the Nebraska guy we picked up?  Martin?  Does he get a shot in the rotation this week?

As I mentioned in the report for Sept 21...Eric Martin (52) was getting reps with ST's punt return unit...if Cole can't go, seems likely that Martin comes into DI role based on what I saw yesterday, and that Green takes Cole's regular roster spot.

Edited by Slingin Sammy

3 hours ago, Slingin Sammy said:

Actually Sam, I liked your practise report. If what you wrote is for real or not, is the Calgary coaches problem. Now let's say they take what you allegedly observed and practised to counter those plays. Who's to say our Blue would even run those plays in a game. Maybe your throwing the Stamps off their plans. Wahaha ha. It's like the ol' rope a dope. Let the stamps offence get tired out by marching the ball up the field, and when they are exhausted, "Whammo". We hit em where it hurts. 

Maybe our coaches are just that smrt. Like Ditka smart. But Canadian. 

5 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Actually Sam, I liked your practise report. If what you wrote is for real or not, is the Calgary coaches problem. Now let's say they take what you allegedly observed and practised to counter those plays. Who's to say our Blue would even run those plays in a game. Maybe your throwing the Stamps off their plans. Wahaha ha. It's like the ol' rope a dope. Let the stamps offence get tired out by marching the ball up the field, and when they are exhausted, "Whammo". We hit em where it hurts. 

Maybe our coaches are just that smrt. Like Ditka smart. But Canadian. 

:lol:

3 hours ago, Slingin Sammy said:

Don't worry about information from practice being leaked to the Stamps.  It's all being handled internally. 

43 minutes ago, Slingin Sammy said:

As I mentioned in the report for Sept 21...Eric Martin (52) was getting reps with ST's punt return unit...if Cole can't go, seems likely that Martin comes into DI role based on what I saw yesterday, and that Green takes Cole's regular roster spot.

I'd like to see him get a shot on D.  He's a pretty explosive dude.

But I like Cole as well, so if he's good to go, cool... But if he's still not practicing, you have to wonder how healthy he is.