Predictions For The 2nd Half

wbbfan

42 minutes ago, Goalie said:

In my opinion what bomber teams of the past have or haven't done in Regina on labour day is irrelevant. Because how many guys on the current team was involved in those. Not many. Bombers are a better team with a better D and special teams. I honestly feel like the Bombers are not only gonna win this Sunday but I think that a blowout is very very very very very very very very very possible also. I think Sask has an awful D and I think putting up over 30 on teams who are better than Sask means Bombers could hit 50. Ya bold but 55 to 12 is my guess. Ass a wooping 

How many pick six's you got in there? I think @almighty31 has figured that thing out.

I am getting all excited that the streak might end. That miserable thumping almost every Labour Day.

heard a guy call in the coach's show and compare the team (the way it's playing now) to the Grey Cup winnier with Sean Salsberry at quarterback.

I don't remember the details of that team, but I remember enough to think that was a good comparison. don't think that team was an offensive powerhouse.

I remember this play "With the score 22-19 in favour of the Bombers, the Lions marched 75 yards downfield to the Winnipeg seven-yard line. Dunigan’s pass was batted down and intercepted in the end zone by Winnipeg’s Mike Gray to snuff out the drive."

I predict we will be like that team, second half of season.?

coach's show,  Mike was almost giggling, talking about some of the defensive plays in the last game. Nice to hear him more relaxed.

Edited by Mark F

This team reminds me of the 1990 Bombers a little more -- Salisbury was an NFL-caliber passer who could really huck the ball, but the 1988 Grey Cup was played in a vicious wind that wasn't going to flatter any quarterback.

Burgess (and Nichols) are more lunchpail types, and Moe Leggett is on a total Greg Battle tear right now.  The 1990 Grey Cup win looks a lot like our recent victories.

Nichols WILL hit a rough spot if the play calling doesn't revert back to throwing deep once in awhile. I was concerned in the Montreal game as that phase of the offense seemed to disappear. It did the same thing for a half in the previous game. They were highly successful when they stretched the defense and Harris had some great runs during that time. He is slugging for yards now because the defense is creeping up to the line more often. Stretch the field by throwing downfield regardless of whether they are completed or not will create more opportunities up close.

With that said and dependent on what the offense does we could go 10-8 or maybe even 11-7 but if the offense doesn't improve we won't. Our defense is very good right now and so are our special teams but they cannot continue to score the majority of our points game in game out. Time will tell.

And for this Sunday, well I think most here are correct, on paper we should win and rather easily however this is Saskatchewan and much like Calgary there is something in the water that seems to not allow us to win there even when we play well. Let's see what happens

1 minute ago, White Out said:

I think we will be in a fight to cross over or stay in the west.

The East is turning to absolute garbage

Its contagious. The Riders are a steaming mess, and Edmonton is close to imploding as well. At the risk of sounding like a homer, it would seem the  credible teams this year are Hamilton (maybe), Winnipeg, Calgary, and the Lions.

15 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

They did not go deep a whole bunch in one game and people think they have gone away from it? The other three games all had deep passes.

We are a fickle group of fans lol. We want every game to be record setting. All to have 450+ yards of passing, 300 yards rushing, 7 TDs (on defence alone) and to just clobber our opponents. 

I just want to see a W at the end of the game. I really could care less how it's accomplished. Cause by the end of the season it's not how we won its how many. 

8 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I just want to see a W at the end of the game. I really could care less how it's accomplished. Cause by the end of the season it's not how we won its how many. 

I agree with this, to an extent... the first win in Hamilton, the team NEEDED six turnovers to win... that one was ugly and if that was the best we had to offer, then we wouldn't be winning much more... these last 4 games have been a far more impressive team effort... offense isn't blowing the doors off anyone... but they are playing well enough to win... and that's what counts...

19 minutes ago, White Out said:

if we win the BB and LDC I'll predict a Bombers crossover and Stamps/Bombers Grey Cup.

A sweep of the Riders would put us at 7 wins.... likely on track for 10-11, and I think that gets the Bombers better than a crossover.  Unless they totally implode over the final 7 games.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

A sweep of the Riders would put us at 7 wins.... likely on track for 10-11, and I think that gets the Bombers better than a crossover.  Unless they totally implode over the final 7 games.

I don't think they will implode, but, BC and Edmonton will continue to feast on the east and are very good teams. I just have a tough time picking us ahead of those teams.

But ya, 7 wins after the Banjo Bowl is almost a guarantee of playoffs. Such an important week.

15 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Nichols WILL hit a rough spot if the play calling doesn't revert back to throwing deep once in awhile. I was concerned in the Montreal game as that phase of the offense seemed to disappear. It did the same thing for a half in the previous game. They were highly successful when they stretched the defense and Harris had some great runs during that time. He is slugging for yards now because the defense is creeping up to the line more often. Stretch the field by throwing downfield regardless of whether they are completed or not will create more opportunities up close.

With that said and dependent on what the offense does we could go 10-8 or maybe even 11-7 but if the offense doesn't improve we won't. Our defense is very good right now and so are our special teams but they cannot continue to score the majority of our points game in game out. Time will tell.

And for this Sunday, well I think most here are correct, on paper we should win and rather easily however this is Saskatchewan and much like Calgary there is something in the water that seems to not allow us to win there even when we play well. Let's see what happens

Montreal also blitzes a ton, so we don't have time to get open downfield. Nichols had to take what he was given. Sask, even with blitz-happy Jones, hasn't been nearly as productive at getting pressure and their defensive backfield is suspect so we should have some opportunities over the next 2 weeks, especially with Dressler and hopefully Smith returning.