Let's remember some guys

Nash00

20 hours ago, johnzo said:

Walls was a beast in the 2007 Grey Cup.  He wanted it bad, you could see it.

Chris Garrett should've been our next great running back.  He had all the tools: power, moves, and speed.

His injury really killed his career here 

Ed Schultz, from Fargo in camp as a qb in the Dieter Brock days, but did ok after that

"He was the host of The Ed Show, a weekday news talk program on MSNBC, and The Ed Schultz Show, a talk radio show, nationally syndicated by Dial Global"

Was the Rock ever a Bomber?

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Ed Schultz, from Fargo in camp as a qb in the Dieter Brock days, but did ok after that

"He was the host of The Ed Show, a weekday news talk program on MSNBC, and The Ed Schultz Show, a talk radio show, nationally syndicated by Dial Global"

Was the Rock ever a Bomber?

Don't think so- he was at a Stampeder training camp trying out as a linebacker, was cut and was so low that he considered suicide.

On 24/07/2016 at 8:39 AM, tracker said:

Don't think so- he was at a Stampeder training camp trying out as a linebacker, was cut and was so low that he considered suicide.

I don't think that's how it went down... I believe I read somewhere that it was a mutual agreement b/c he wanted to get into wrestling... unfortunately I don't have a link, but if you have one for your story I'd love to read it...

Wonder how things worked out for this "Rock" fellow... ;)

Also, fun fact... b/c his father is Canadian, he has duel citizenship and would qualify as a national by today's standards...

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I don't think that's how it went down... I believe I read somewhere that it was a mutual agreement b/c he wanted to get into wrestling... unfortunately I don't have a link, but if you have one for your story I'd love to read it...

Wonder how things worked out for this "Rock" fellow... ;)

Also, fun fact... b/c his father is Canadian, he has duel citizenship and would qualify as a national by today's standards...

Correct.

His agent called Wally and asked them to release him so he could pursue wrestling.  Wally didn't have a problem with that so he granted their request.  It was also 2 months into the season, not in training camp.

http://vancouversun.com/news/staff-blogs/the-rocks-diss-reverberates-through-cfl

Edited by bigg jay

Bombers could use a guy with an attitude like K.D. Williams right now.

His CFL experience transcended the game. "The people in Canada are docile," Williams says. "You have to show their homes respect by taking off your shoes and being humble and courteous. But when you're on that field, they don't care if you lose your mind." There, puritanical values don't spill onto the playing field. There are no rules against "excessive" celebration. "They loved me up there, dawg," he says. "I talked trash, wouldn't help people off the ground. When they would ask for help, I'd push 'em back down."

http://espn.go.com/espn/magazine/archives/news/story?page=magazine-19991115-article39

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Correct.

His agent called Wally and asked them to release him so he could pursue wrestling.  Wally didn't have a problem with that so he granted their request.  It was also 2 months into the season, not in training camp.

http://vancouversun.com/news/staff-blogs/the-rocks-diss-reverberates-through-cfl

Ah. So, the interview I saw was him dramatizing his life.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Ah. So, the interview I saw was him dramatizing his life.

Quite possible.  I've definitely seen/heard him tell slightly different variations of his story before.  He wasn't happy, that much is consistent at least.  He tweeted back & forth with Buono a couple years ago - thanked him for being a mentor & giving him optimism at a very low point in his life.

On ‎07‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:30 AM, wbbfan said:
  • wes lysack scott regimbald and joe first half flemming. never forget. 

wick makes me think of antonio armstrong. Talk about here today gone tomorrow. 

Randy "fum"bowles

troy mills and eric blount for splitting touches with charles roberts.

brendan ayenbadejo not good enough to start here but one year iirc in bc after leaving our sts for a chance to start and he had a nice nfl career.

yvenson bernard

antonio brown mr ncaa d1 track star with 4.18 speed. Had one great leaping catch i wanna say from tee martin. 

joe morgan a vaunted prospect from the supplemental draft by way of south florida. 

arjei franklin the heir apparent at one point for NI wr. 

and of course my favorite name of the flash in the pans chiijoke onyenegecha 

That can't be right ...

Who remembers CRAPHONSO?

9 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Quite possible.  I've definitely seen/heard him tell slightly different variations of his story before.  He wasn't happy, that much is consistent at least.  He tweeted back & forth with Buono a couple years ago - thanked him for being a mentor & giving him optimism at a very low point in his life.

More trivia: "The Rock" was not his first wrestling persona. He started out as a new-age/Polynesian kind of shtick wearing multi-coloured  feathers but I cannot recall his stage name.

Is Rocky Johnson really Canadian? I did not know that, and I followed wrestling very closely when the Rock came on the scene. Don't remember Flex Kavana, but remember Rocky Maivia, nephew of The High Chief, Peter Maivia and son of Rocky Johnson...