Let's remember some guys

Nash00

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Is Rocky Johnson really Canadian? I did not know that, and I followed wrestling very closely when the Rock came on the scene. Don't remember Flex Kavana, but remember Rocky Maivia, nephew of The High Chief, Peter Maivia and son of Rocky Johnson...

Born in Halifax & moved to Toronto in his teens.  He made his name wrestling in the NWA (Georgia/Memphis areas mostly) & the WWE certainly didn't promote the fact he was Canadian so it's not a widely known fact up here.

The Kavana gimmick was pre-WWE, when he was working for Jerry Lawler's USWA.

@Noeller Canadian, indeed.

Rocky Johnson (born Wayde Douglas Bowles; August 24, 1944)[1] is a retired Canadian professional wrestler. During his wrestling career, he became a National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) Georgia Champion and a NWA Southern Heavyweight Memphis Champion, as well as winning many other championships. Along with his partner Tony Atlas, Johnson was a part of the first black tag team to win the World Tag Team championship in the World Wrestling Federation (WWF).[4]

After retiring in 1991, Johnson along with Pat Patterson, trained his son Dwayne to wrestle. While he initially resisted his son's entry into the business because he knew it was extremely difficult, he agreed to train his son on the condition that he would not go easy on him. Johnson was instrumental in getting Dwayne (later dubbed "Rocky Maivia" after both Rocky Johnson's and Peter Maivia's ring names) signed to a WWF developmental deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Johnson

Did y'all see the That 70's Show episode where The Rock played his dad Rocky?

snapshot20141005125512.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike said:

That can't be right ...

Who remembers CRAPHONSO?

Yeap thats actually not incredibly fast 40 number for track he was a 100 yard dash guy. Idk what he timed here but confirmed 4.1 40 speed. never became much of a football player though.

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeap thats actually not incredibly fast 40 number for track he was a 100 yard dash guy. Idk what he timed here but confirmed 4.1 40 speed. never became much of a football player though.

Ben Roethlisberger disagrees ;)

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

xD no relation. though when we cut him he did sign with some nfl team and tried out as a kick returner he didnt get any where with that. 

I see, so it's Tim Brown disease. I swear there's 5 new Tim Brown's at training camps in the league every year.