Week 3 (vs Ham...Now With Depth Chart)

Noeller

we can win the special teams.

3down nation.

re BC beats Hamilton.

"The one area Hamilton routinely dominates was one of their biggest downfalls against the Lions. Their cover units were atrocious, as BC gained big yards on punts and kickoffs all night. They averaged over 20 yards per punt return, 27.5 yards per kickoff return and had a 56-yard missed goal return.

The less said about the kicking game the better, but Brett Maher was as bad in this game as any kicker I have ever seen. He was 2015 Lirim Hajrullahu bad."

our special teams are good. Duffie going to break one soon. Medlock. good tackling.

Edited by Mark F
etc

15 minutes ago, Mark F said:

we can win the special teams.

3down nation.

re BC beats Hamilton.

"The one area Hamilton routinely dominates was one of their biggest downfalls against the Lions. Their cover units were atrocious, as BC gained big yards on punts and kickoffs all night. They averaged over 20 yards per punt return, 27.5 yards per kickoff return and had a 56-yard missed goal return.

The less said about the kicking game the better, but Brett Maher was as bad in this game as any kicker I have ever seen. He was 2015 Lirim Hajrullahu bad."

our special teams are good. Duffie going to break one soon. Medlock. good tackling.

Chris Rainey has stolen SpeedyB's thorny crown.  As for the kicking game, the wind was blowing at 88 mph in Hamltn so no kicker is going to look good fighting against that.

6 hours ago, ddanger said:

guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing but I thought Goosen has been playing okay

His blocking hasnt been bad, his blitz recognition and coordinating the line hasnt been good. Young center though thats kinda to be expected.

6 hours ago, O2L said:

Pretty scared to see what Simoni Lawrence does against our oline and slow release QB. 

He doesnt have a slow release. plop even mentioned that in the most recent interview, his release is solid and has improved. He gets happy feet once hes been pressured a bit though, doesnt look off wrs, and doesnt pick up blitz shifts well. (show and drop, delay blitz.) The more he gets hit the worse he plays. And I expect him to get hit like a red headed step child against hammer. It could get ugly. 

I don't understand the love the ticats have been getting. Without Collaros for some reason they are still a number one team in the east???  I don't see it at all. Funny how the questions fly about how is Durant going to be after not playing for so long, but yet Collaros is going to miss a year with a major injury and the he'll be fine and the cats are a cup contender???  Ottawa is very good and Toronto is too with Ray healthy. I don't see the Cats as a contender. Its a winnable game for you guys. Bombers have to get ahead so they can run the ball. If you get behind and have to pass pass pass, I'm afraid its gonna get ugly in a hurry. As a Rider fan obviously it would be better if you lost as far as standings go, but as a football fan, outside of Owens, nothing to be scared of with the Cats. Make sure Randall is on Owens as he has been the only bright spot in your secondary.

52 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I don't understand the love the ticats have been getting. Without Collaros for some reason they are still a number one team in the east???  I don't see it at all. Funny how the questions fly about how is Durant going to be after not playing for so long, but yet Collaros is going to miss a year with a major injury and the he'll be fine and the cats are a cup contender???  Ottawa is very good and Toronto is too with Ray healthy. I don't see the Cats as a contender. Its a winnable game for you guys. Bombers have to get ahead so they can run the ball. If you get behind and have to pass pass pass, I'm afraid its gonna get ugly in a hurry. As a Rider fan obviously it would be better if you lost as far as standings go, but as a football fan, outside of Owens, nothing to be scared of with the Cats. Make sure Randall is on Owens as he has been the only bright spot in your secondary.

pretty much what 17-85 said. Hammer and mtl are probably the two hardest counters to our offensive problems. 

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Brutal, the 6 game IR now has 11 members. 

Pretty standard stuff for this group - and a very convenient excuse to boot.

I'm concerned about special teams, particularly on returns. Always appears our blockers are a step behind their intended block and the only thing available is a block from behind (penalty) or getting lost in space. This is one area that should be strong - particularly because O'Shea was labelled a special teams guru during his time in Toronto. Either our players are too timid to make contact or the set-up is wrong. O'Shea won't tell us because he enjoys keeping secrets. Any other theories on why our ST is average - or worse?

5 minutes ago, Root said:

Pretty standard stuff for this group - and a very convenient excuse to boot.

I'm concerned about special teams, particularly on returns. Always appears our blockers are a step behind their intended block and the only thing available is a block from behind (penalty) or getting lost in space. This is one area that should be strong - particularly because O'Shea was labelled a special teams guru during his time in Toronto. Either our players are too timid to make contact or the set-up is wrong. O'Shea won't tell us because he enjoys keeping secrets. Any other theories on why our ST is average - or worse?

We are 3rd in average punt yards given up and 2nd in average kickoff return yards given up.   Top 3 in both categories.

We are 3rd in average punt return yards gained and 1st in average kickoff return yards gained.  Top 3 in both categories.

Lots to complain about with this team, don't need to invent more.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

We are 3rd in average punt yards given up and 2nd in average kickoff return yards given up.   Top 3 in both categories.

We are 3rd in average punt return yards gained and 1st in average kickoff return yards gained.  Top 3 in both categories.

Lots to complain about with this team, don't need to invent more.

Yeah the special teams are actually playing well for this team. That is the #1 reason I am not ready to rollover on O'Shea yet. He clearly knows how to get his special teamers ready to play, the rest of the team has other issues. 

The players want to come here alright  (maybe it's the country club atmosphere) BUT the readiness to play for Mikey, seems fleeting at times...They don't seem to get going till the second half...you know after we're down a couple of tds' and the horse has left the barn..(literally in Cal.) O'Shea says they're prepared but we have to kinda...sorta ..........wait for it..Much like the promises that this team will get better in the long run....It's been one helluva long run so far.