Bombers Opener June 24 ... (also Laine Day!)

IC Khari

11 hours ago, IC Khari said:

What the heck is a pocket full of Posey anyway?

A posy/posey/posie is a bouquet of flowers.  In the rhyme it could refer to the black plague, and people carried around a posy of herbs (aka flowers) that supposedly helped fend off the sickness.

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Andrew Harris not practicing with blue bombers. Doubtful for Friday's opener.

I'm tempted to call this the most Bomber thing ever but that's an overreaction.  It will only be the most Bomber thing ever if he's day to day for four weeks, comes back and is ineffective for four weeks, gets hurt again, and is released in the off-season by the new management. 

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Andrew Harris not practicing with blue bombers. Doubtful for Friday's opener.

I knew I'd be dusting this off for the 2016 season at some point, just didn't think it would be BEFORE the season even began...sigh...

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

1 minute ago, saskbluefan said:

I'm tempted to call this the most Bomber thing ever but that's an overreaction.  It will only be the most Bomber thing ever if he's day to day for four weeks, comes back and is ineffective for four weeks, gets hurt again, and is released in the off-season by the new management. 

Wally's a genius.  He probably knew this was going to happen in week one 2016 back in 2015, which is why he didn't re-sign him.

8 minutes ago, saskbluefan said:

I wish you hadn't said that... I'm going to have nightmares for weeks now... 

26 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Wally's a genius.  He probably knew this was going to happen in week one 2016 back in 2015, which is why he didn't re-sign him.

Wally isn't a genius to see this possibility, a GM just has to be paying attention to the past to see the future.  I can see both the Harris and Dressler signings being questioned in the future and doubt either player will be on the team 2 years from now.

23 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Wally isn't a genius to see this possibility, a GM just has to be paying attention to the past to see the future.  I can see both the Harris and Dressler signings being questioned in the future and doubt either player will be on the team 2 years from now.

it was sarcasm....

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

Davis to JFG is a huge drop off... hopefully Harris to Flanders isn't that big of a difference...

Both are huge. The ratio impact is huge.

Can Flanders block and catch like Harris can? (I'm really not sure)