Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

and thats why I think they might not have made a pitch for Watman, knowing your over as it is and needing to make cuts, it just makes it harder to juggle the more you pile on until you make some room

Having too many quality players under contract is a problem every GM would love to have.  Cutting a guy is only one option, they can try to restructure an existing contract or attempt to trade someone (like Montreal is trying to do with Henoc).

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

true, id just rather not have macho truth be told lol.   you think the Als would bite for a Hurl + Turner Jr for Muamba?

They're trading him because they can't afford him. We'll be cutting guys and offering to take the salary for a minimal return if we offered up for Muamba - which I don't think we will or need to.

id bring muamba back for sure.  if it costs us a cap penalty, so be it.  as long as don't exceed it to the point of losing a pick, whats the harm?

plus, as mentioned, he is a huge upgrade over hurl.  if we are planning on canadian at MLB, this really seems like a no brainer to me.

7 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

i get that but in the words of John Lennon, some say that im a dreamer... but im not the only one....   Muamba at MLB with Wild and Bass gives me a rager  WAAY more then Hurl as our NI MLB anyways. 

Sounds like the BC Lions defense the last couple years.  Mismatches all over the place vs the pass.

57 minutes ago, bluto said:

was also surprised that Walters wasn't in for Watman (or if he was, and i'll try to find that out, that he wasn't in harder). obvious why we wanted him as keeping Ricky clean has become priorities 1 thru 5 of our season.

you guys seem like you're maybe two O-Line upgrades away from a very solid roster.

I, for one, am glad we didn't go after Watman. I have seen way too much unrealized potential for one lifetime on the Bombers. Watman may turn into something yet, but last year he was an absolute pylon who got beasted every game he played in. Big reason why the Riders had such terrible sack numbers last year.

The return of Henoc would be a story...but that is all. We won't be taking that book out of the library again.

Montreal, on the other hand, seems to have painted themselves into a corner in the French room, and it will be interesting if any of the teams from last year's tour, provide an escape route for Popp. Would be a lot of money for maybe a rental player.

14 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

i get that but in the words of John Lennon, some say that im a dreamer... but im not the only one....   Muamba at MLB with Wild and Bass gives me a rager  WAAY more then Hurl as our NI MLB anyways. 

That would be a horrible LB lineup. Who covers the pass? None of them?

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

The return of Henoc would be a story...but that is all. We won't be taking that book out of the library again.

Montreal, on the other hand, seems to have painted themselves into a corner in the French room, and it will be interesting if any of the teams from last year's tour, provide an escape route for Popp. Would be a lot of money for maybe a rental player.

I have no trouble at all with bringing him in if the Als choose to release him or would take next to nothing in trade. We could make the cap adjustments but I would not give up anything of value to trade for that contract.

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

we let our ball hawks J adams and Leggett run free over the backs of our run stopping QB sackin  LB wave of destruction

sounds like you're getting caught up in fantasy football a wee bit much. Having Wild, Bass and Muamba on the field together without a SAM LB out there would be an absolute disaster and we'd be routinely giving up 200 yards a game to any slotback who understood a basic route tree. Especially considering one of those "ball hawks" you speak of is playing safety right now because he's a very below average man defender who can't handle a slotback on his own.

yeah i was only kidding lol,  I thought leggett played decent closer to the line of scrimmage (lb) then he did in the secondary, but that was just my opinion.  I didnt know who else to pick as a ball hawk cuz i didnt see enough of randle at CB (or hb?) and no no no to macho harris. not sure who else we have back there other then Bucknor who is average at best