Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

I've heard criticism about the amount of players that the Bombers have signed but no one saying that we've been overspending on those targets. I think we got some good deals in there.

And frankly, I don't care if we are at the cap. It's where we should be.

19 hours ago, Mike said:

Does that make him perform better? 

Given two players of similar ability I'd take the national. Besides, I wasn't overly enamored with Bryant last season. You?

Looking forward to seeing and believing in Andrew Harris. 

Harris says, in this interview, that he had no problem with Buono (think Tedford) and the relationship is good.

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/02/12/press-conference-andrew-harris/

Walters was saying that Kelly Bates (former Lion's RB coach) was extremely impressed with Harris's football knowledge and his grasp of what the receivers should be doing, what the o-line is should be doing and the understanding of the different Offensive packages.

This whole thing with him in there is going to be fun.

19 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Funny...given his track record I'm not sure Marcel should be making comments like this...

.@REDBLACKSGM - “I would say a number of teams R overspending right now & will figure it out later.” #CFL #CFLFA #RedBlacks via @TimCBaines

Ottawa being one seeing as how they never even offered Capicotti a new deal. 

Says the guy who signed Harris to back up Henry. So basically not play for a year but get paid 400K the next year. God I hope Henry ***** them over and continues playing for 2 more seasons 

2 hours ago, Jacquie said:

I don't see why people are up in arms over what Desjardin said. He's right. If any other GM had said it you all likely would have agreed. 

Who over spent for any players?  

The only questionable move was done by Ottawa by signing another QB with a big contract while losing 2 important d-linemen?

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Who over spent for any players?  

The only questionable move was done by Ottawa by signing another QB with a big contract while losing 2 important d-linemen?

You don't think Montreal has overspent? Some say we did. Some say the Riders have. Since teams have access to all contracts filed with the League, I think Desjardin would have a better idea than any of us if some teams have overspent.

As for Harris in Ottawa, his big bucks don't start until year 2 of his contract.

Edited by Jacquie

1 hour ago, Jacquie said:

You don't think Montreal has overspent? Some say we did. Some say the Riders have. Since teams have access to all contracts filed with the League, I think Desjardin would have a better idea than any of us if some teams have overspent.

As for Harris in Ottawa, his big bucks don't start until year 2 of his contract.

Where is the "proof" ?  

Also how could Desjardins criticize when he spent huge money signing a tonne of receivers last year?

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Where is the "proof" ?  

Also how could Desjardins criticize when he spent huge money signing a tonne of receivers last year?

The proof is on page 9 of this thread.

What makes you think he is criticizing anyone. There are teams who are close to or over the SMS now and they will deal with it later by releasing players. That's pretty much the way things work at this time of year. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:52 AM, Jacquie said:

Jacquie, come on...

Edited by iso_55