Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

This thread has gotten terribly silly.  Stop it right now.

Top rated remaining free agents according to TSN.

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/02/14/best-rest-whats-next-free-agency/

1    Cleyon Laing    DT    Free Agent    TOR    
2    Aaron Grymes    DB    Free Agent    EDM    
3     Bryan Hall    DT    Free Agent    HAM    
4     Emanuel Davis    DB    Free Agent    HAM    
5     Chris Getzlaf    REC    Free Agent    SSK    
6     Tristan Okpalaugo    DE    Free Agent    TOR    
7     Alex Hall    DE    Free Agent    SSK    
8     Brandyn Thompson    DB    Free Agent    OTT    
9     Matthew Norman    OL    Free Agent    BC    
10     *Tyron Brackenridge    DB    Free Agent    SSK    
11     Justin Hickman    DE    Free Agent    HAM    
12     *Juwan Simpson    LB    Free Agent    CGY    
13     Fred Stamps    REC    Free Agent    MTL    
14     Joel Figueroa    OL    Free Agent    HAM    
15     Jake Olson    OT    Free Agent    HAM    
16    Cord Parks    DB    Free Agent    BC    
17    Jonathan Hefney    CB    Free Agent    MTL    
18    Xavier Fulton    OL    Free Agent    SSK    
19    Ryan Hinds    DB    Free Agent    EDM    
20    Jerald Brown    DB    Free Agent    MTL

On February 13, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Floyd said:

Whats happening with Figueroa?  Would be a huge signing...  Bryant-Daniels-Goossens-Chungh-Figueroa would keep Willy upright

There are a couple of good OL still there for the taking. Not sure if how many are Canucks though. Despite the NI pick-ups we made we could still use some more National OL

Muamba at $250k is worth it... hope Walters is in on this - still don't understand this whole thing about Esks having inside track because Cauchy is there... ridiculous.

Adams-New-Waggoner-Johnson-Randle ($550k)

Bass(Wild)-Muamba-Leggett ($600k)

New-Sholo-Cumkings-Westerman ($650k)

$1.8m on defense starters...

9 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

This thread has gotten terribly silly.  Stop it right now.

Top rated remaining free agents according to TSN.

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/02/14/best-rest-whats-next-free-agency/

1    Cleyon Laing    DT    Free Agent    TOR    
2    Aaron Grymes    DB    Free Agent    EDM    
3     Bryan Hall    DT    Free Agent    HAM    
4     Emanuel Davis    DB    Free Agent    HAM    
5     Chris Getzlaf    REC    Free Agent    SSK    
6     Tristan Okpalaugo    DE    Free Agent    TOR    
7     Alex Hall    DE    Free Agent    SSK    
8     Brandyn Thompson    DB    Free Agent    OTT    
9     Matthew Norman    OL    Free Agent    BC    
10     *Tyron Brackenridge    DB    Free Agent    SSK    
11     Justin Hickman    DE    Free Agent    HAM    
12     *Juwan Simpson    LB    Free Agent    CGY    
13     Fred Stamps    REC    Free Agent    MTL    
14     Joel Figueroa    OL    Free Agent    HAM    
15     Jake Olson    OT    Free Agent    HAM    
16    Cord Parks    DB    Free Agent    BC    
17    Jonathan Hefney    CB    Free Agent    MTL    
18    Xavier Fulton    OL    Free Agent    SSK    
19    Ryan Hinds    DB    Free Agent    EDM    
20    Jerald Brown    DB    Free Agent    MTL

The top three names on this list are interesting... they must all be entertaining NFL opportunities, especially Laing.... Cdn DT with his skill set doesn't sit unsigned for long... what's the deal with Matt Norman?... I thought he was good enough to, at least, be a depth O-lineman... but Cdn OL don't just sit unsigned for a week....

Laing and Grymes are Def exploring nfl opportunities. Norman I believe has injury concerns. Wouldn't surprise me if we give him a shot here but... at the same time I think his injury issues are the reason he hasn't been signed. I believe players 1 2 4 and 6 are exploring nfl opportunities. Not sure about B Hall but I'll bet he is also 

It's not good that these O-linemen are sitting on the FA list without being picked up by someone. Are they no good? Are they too expensive? Does no one but us need OL help? 

12 minutes ago, J5V said:

It's not good that these O-linemen are sitting on the FA list without being picked up by someone. Are they no good? Are they too expensive? Does no one but us need OL help? 

Probably a combination of factors.  There aren't many spots available for American OL... Generally only 1 or 2 per team.  Then consider that most of those spots are already filled.  Only the best of the best among American OL can command a large salary, the rest will learn that being a middle of the pack American OL barely gets you above league minimum.  Even a guy like Xavier Fulton who had one great year, will have trouble finding someone willing to pay.

As for the Canadians, there is really not much left.  I think Wojt will retire, Scott Mitchell has been on his last legs for a couple years now.  Norman will find a spot eventually but it will be as a backup, and he probably believes he deserves a starter salary, hence the delay in signing.

10 hours ago, bearpants said:

The top three names on this list are interesting... they must all be entertaining NFL opportunities, especially Laing.... Cdn DT with his skill set doesn't sit unsigned for long... what's the deal with Matt Norman?... I thought he was good enough to, at least, be a depth O-lineman... but Cdn OL don't just sit unsigned for a week....

Laing plays on the edge but he would be great player on our DL. I hope that Walters has enough money to sign him if his NFL options are finished. That would be one FA I'd love to see here.

We just scored Shologan007 and Cummings. These guys will give our DL, with Westerman, a tremendous boost. We don't need Laing. I'm just worried, at this point, that they may figure these guys will be such an improvement that they would consider keeping Peach, well, because 'he's a hard worker'. The argument against that, of course, is that Peach may be too costly to keep, and we'll go with a newer, cheaper, peach-faced rookie.

Edited by Mr Dee

44 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

We just scored Schologan007 and Cummings. These guys will give our DL, with Westerman, a tremendous boost. We don't need Laing. I'm just worried, at this point, that they may figure these guys will be such an improvement that they would consider keeping Peach, well, because 'he's a hard worker'. The argument against that, of course, is that Peach may be too costly to keep, and we'll go with a newer, cheaper, peach-faced rookie.

If you have a chance to sign a starting National like Laing, you do it.

5 minutes ago, Blueballz said:

If you have a chance to sign a starting National like Laing, you do it.

Really? What would you do with Shologan, our other NI DT?

I like Laing, but Shologan is here, and he can do the job. Cummings is also here, and although not an NI, he will be really good for us. So, where's the chance to sign another expensive NI DT when we are set at that position?

Ok, follow this. We may or may not have asked about Laing. He may or may not be staying up in Canada. He may or may not have fit in our SMS. It doesn't matter. We pursued and got a very good NI DT to go along with another very good DT. We don't need Laing. So, answer the questions I posed.