Buck Pierce to be named QB coach

Blueballz

3 hours ago, Blueballz said:

According to the Bombers website.

I like this move, he has put in his time and think he's ready.

Having LaPolice to pick his brain should only further help his development IMO.

What's left of it ... KIDDING :) I couldn't resist ... good move congrats Buck!!! :)

Edited by IC Khari

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I will never understand how someone could not be a fan of Buck Pierce......he got hurt a lot because he wanted to win SO bad......???

I get people loving his passion and desire but the bottom line to me has always been that for most of his time here, his play was a detrimental to the team's success. I personally hated watching him in that final year and management's insistence on giving him every possible chance to come back likely set us back another few years in picking a proper successor. 

I'm also not convinced he will make a very good QB coach. I will be happy if I'm proven wrong but it seems like he was given the RB coach job because of his ties to this team and was promoted for no real good reason. I really hate these convenience hires.

There must be a few hundred things Buck Pierce could relate to a QB prospect off the tip of his tongue alone.

You have to realize that when there is something there, in a former player, that management would, and should, give them every opportunity to use, and pass on that knowledge. Running backs coach is a good entry level position to start...and learn to coach.

Convenience hire? Maybe, but I applaud the Bombers for recognizing a player and opening a door for him.

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

This statement makes no sense.   You're not a fan of him as a person?   You not a fan of him as a QB coach?   

As a person?  If I didn't like the guy I would come out and state "I hate that guy".  I just don't think he was that great of a QB.  As far as him being a coach, I can't really comment on it because I don't know what kind of coach he is, or how well he did.  Our RB's weren't really that great, but I put that more on MB's crappy offensive scheme's then on Pierce's coaching.

And Noeller, just because you REALLY want to win and will get hurt doing it, doesn't make you a good QB.  Just my opinion.