Anticipating Big Changes or Small by Camp?

BigBlue

Edmonton and Calgary will likely regress somewhat.

SK will be significantly better -- likely scrapping with the two Alberta teams for a top playoff spot.

BC should improve with Wally, marginally. 

As for us. If Drew stays upright, I see us getting a road playoff game and getting summarily roasted. 

Huge progress. So stoked. 

Unfortunately I am a realist not someone who looks at the world through rose coloured glasses. As a result I doubt much will change. Yes the offense will improve slightly but not significantly enough to improve our record to playoff status. Our defense will remain the same, in otherwords still not good enough for a playoff appearance. Our special teams will be middle of the pack neither an improvement or a regression. Our head coach will continue to be stubborn (some call it loyalty and what is loyalty in professional sports nowadays) and cause a game or two. Our player personnel will improve only slightly. I do not have a lot of confidence in our scouting department even though we have built it up to a personnel standard of most CFL teams. I just don't feel they have the contacts down south to identify quality prospects. And finally I am not optimistic we will field an entertaining product based on past history. As for winning or losing, while I would like them to win, it isn't the number one priority for me. If I am going to the game, win or lose, I would like to be entertained. I do not want to go and watch a listless, predictable, unimaginative team play football and pay outrageous prices for concession food etc. I want to be able to leave if the game is the way it has been for the past number of years so  

Normally the team(s) who win the off-season don't do so well, It's still so early tho, i mean, so many variables here, Yeah the riders have cleaned house of a few of their defensive players but... they still have tons of issues, canadian content and qb being one. 

I'm not convinced the riders will be that much better in 2016... I think Edmonton probably goes down a bit but... by how much remains to be seen, Calgary will still be very good, It's not like losing Murphy will hurt them that much, they still have Huff and others. 

BC, in my opinion will be worse, not sure why but I feel Wallys best days are behind him... plus they don't even have an OC yet... 

Bombers? We will see what they do come free agency, In my opinion, if they can sign a receiver or 2 and another oline or 2, they might make some noise. 

I guess, Let's get back to this topic in say March April May or June for that matter. The Grey Cup was like what? 3 weeks ago? 

If the bombers can sign Harris (Andrew) and Bilukidi (Christo).... That makes them better and those are 2 guys that...basically, if they want them they will get them In My Opinion. The biggest signings the bombers can make are 2 guys who basically aren't even free agents. Harris is technically but deep down inside, we all know if he makes it to free agency, there is only 1 team he will sign with. 

Unfortunately I am a realist not someone who looks at the world through rose coloured glasses. As a result I doubt much will change. Yes the offense will improve slightly but not significantly enough to improve our record to playoff status. Our defense will remain the same, in otherwords still not good enough for a playoff appearance. Our special teams will be middle of the pack neither an improvement or a regression. Our head coach will continue to be stubborn (some call it loyalty and what is loyalty in professional sports nowadays) and cause a game or two. Our player personnel will improve only slightly. I do not have a lot of confidence in our scouting department even though we have built it up to a personnel standard of most CFL teams. I just don't feel they have the contacts down south to identify quality prospects. And finally I am not optimistic we will field an entertaining product based on past history. As for winning or losing, while I would like them to win, it isn't the number one priority for me. If I am going to the game, win or lose, I would like to be entertained. I do not want to go and watch a listless, predictable, unimaginative team play football and pay outrageous prices for concession food etc. I want to be able to leave if the game is the way it has been for the past number of years so  

If our Offence improves slightly that will (going off this past season) be enough for a playoff spot alone. We were far off. And had we won a couple of the games we lost by just a few points. We make the playoffs.

Well, whatever changes we make, whether big or small, they better be the right ones. Out in Saskatchewan the new coach/G.M. said he is going to hold free agent camps "right after the new year starts". So, we better be doing the same...there needs to be an air of, shall I say, desperation, in the Bomber offices this off season. We have to improve more than any other team does.

Pessimist =/= realist. 

Pessimist =/= realist. 

Untrue....but in this guy's case, very much pessimist.....

If our Offence improves slightly that will (going off this past season) be enough for a playoff spot alone. We were far off. And had we won a couple of the games we lost by just a few points. We make the playoffs.

I sure hope they can do better than a slight improvement.  So tired of stumbling, bumbling offensive performances and waiting, waiting, waiting for the offence to wake up and get on track as Q's tick off.  Drew Willy only occasionally improves that performance but he rarely shows consistency marching the ball down the field throughout a game. 

Hopefully LaPo can bring some urgency to the play-calling and find a way to effectively use his personnel to move the ball and provide entertainment for the fans.