Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

1 hour ago, wpgallday1960 said:

To be honest, that whole thread has devolved into a juvenile pissing match.  The brilliant and witty response of #1990 is all they can muster.

yes very true... I hope our bickering doesn't come off as childish and petty to outsiders as their does... however I thought it was funny that many Rider fans were defending Mike... turns out there are a few level headed individuals...

They are trying to rebuild a brand of personalities over there.

At its core it is Jones and Murphy, Murphy and Jones. Nothing nothing is going to get in the way of that right now.

If Jones dumped Durant you better believe it would be defended by the usual suspects.

On 30/05/2016 at 9:03 PM, Jimmy Pop said:

After reading some 50 pages of that thread I don't know how Suzie puts up with those bags of milk.

Rotor has gone completely off his rails. I can't believe that rant he went on against Suzie calling her "him". :rolleyes: Did enjoy Mike's interaction with him though. 

Edited by Jacquie

On 5/30/2016 at 10:49 PM, wbbfan said:

The power generation comes from legs and hips and goes up. Lower body strength is more important, but great upper body strength can really bail a tackle out.  Of course foot speed hip fluidity and such are all very important at tackle too. What ever a Ts weakest at is most important to him. Lots of linemen out there dont have particularly big arms for their stature. But they all have big legs. Its kinda taken for granted that when your 300+ and play a sport at a high level that your legs will be pretty damn strong. I think thats why 225 reps at the combine is thought soo highly of for linemen. If a guy has strong upper body and is that big his legs probably wont be lagging too badily. 

For me though ill take a quick/explosive tackle over any other single attribute. 

I'll take a guy who can do 225 reps as well. Be funny if it was a punter. ;)

2 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I'll take a guy who can do 225 reps as well. Be funny if it was a punter. ;)

xD that would be funny. If some one is top notch and excels in any area physically they are worth a look. Lets go sign one of the nbadl guys thats been kicking around a few years. 6'8 220 lbs wr lol. But then most of those guys struggle to put up 1 rep of 185 at their combine. 

One thing I was wondering about this JSJ holdout... Does anyone know approximately how much Gagnon, Revenberg, and Villiancourt (and even Brian Jones) signed for... if Jones and Co think they can sign JSJ for less than the other top picks... I wouldn't expect him to ever play for the Riders...

Edited by bearpants

22 hours ago, bearpants said:

yes very true... I hope our bickering doesn't come off as childish and petty to outsiders as their does... however I thought it was funny that many Rider fans were defending Mike... turns out there are a few level headed individuals...

Sometimes it does, but its not a big deal. Its a discussion board, I honestly think people take things a little too serious at times. As far as Mike, lots of posters respect his posts, that's why people are defending what he is saying. Its not him personally but his idea or position that gets defended. No different than here, there are posters that add lots to the forum and other that add nothing.

8 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Rotor has gone completely off his rails. I can't believe that rant he went on against Suzie calling her "him". :rolleyes: Did enjoy Mike's interaction with him though. 

Suzie and her husband both post, although I believe she posts most of the time. He may have been referring to her husband. Not defending him, just sayin`.

Just now, Ripper said:

Sometimes it does, but its not a big deal. Its a discussion board, I honestly think people take things a little too serious at times. As far as Mike, lots of posters respect his posts, that's why people are defending what he is saying. Its not him personally but his idea or position that gets defended. No different than here, there are posters that add lots to the forum and other that add nothing.

I honestly thoroughly enjoy reading the interactions between reasonable posters... there's just some guys who start every response with "stop trolling" or "you're just pushing an agenda"... rather than take part in actual discussion... but hey, I don't want to call the kettle black, every forum has them...

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I honestly thoroughly enjoy reading the interactions between reasonable posters... there's just some guys who start every response with "stop trolling" or "you're just pushing an agenda"... rather than take part in actual discussion... but hey, I don't want to call the kettle black, every forum has them...

I get that. Sometimes when I am about to post something here, I ask myself if anyone will actually believe my post or just think I am just pushing the green koolaid. I think as time passes, people realize you are just posting your opinion. As I said, lots of good bomber fan posters at riderfans. The people who just troll don`t seem to last long, so its not usually much of a problem.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I get that. Sometimes when I am about to post something here, I ask myself if anyone will actually believe my post or just think I am just pushing the green koolaid. I think as time passes, people realize you are just posting your opinion. As I said, lots of good bomber fan posters at riderfans. The people who just troll don`t seem to last long, so its not usually much of a problem.

yeah once you stop feeding the trolls they leave. It's just a matter of time.

Argo's tailgating

Argos Tailgate 101

• Minimum of 250 parking spots in a licensed area at Ontario Place Lot #1 for every game
  • Hundreds of additional parking spots may become available at Ontario Place and Exhibition Place for certain games (depending on other events on site)
  • Beer will be sold in the licensed area for $4.00 each
  • Other beverages, like coolers, will also be made available
  • Fans are not permitted to bring their own alcohol due to provincial liquor regulations
  • Propane and charcoal BBQs will be permitted. Propane tanks can be no larger than 20 lbs
  • The designated tailgating parking lots will open at least three hours prior to kickoff
  • Parking spots will be sold with a $5.00 premium on normal event parking rates – $30 at Ontario Place and $35 Exhibition Place and will need to be purchased in advance as part of a season pass (at Ontario Place) or half-season pass (at Exhibition Place)
  • Season seat holders will have the first opportunity to purchase tailgating parking spots
  • A limited number of parking spots will be reserved for sale to the general public during the week leading up to the game
  • As additional parking spots become available for certain games, season seat holders will have the first opportunity to purchase spots

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

The irony is that at after reading at Riderfans the two guys who start each post with "Stop Trolling" the most are mfranc and Migs. lol

11 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Well at least he didn't call her a monkey.

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

One thing I was wondering about this JSJ holdout... Does anyone know approximately how much Gagnon, Revenberg, and Villiancourt (and even Brian Jones) signed for... if Jones and Co think they can sign JSJ for less than the other top picks... I wouldn't expect him to ever play for the Riders...

The only rumored number I could find was on Vaillancourt. 85k with 20k incentives.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Argo's tailgating

Bravo to the Argos and the province of Ontario Liquor Commission for handing Manitoba back the right to brag about having the most archaic liquor laws in Canada. Long live the NDP. New government here that doesn't believe in over regulation now. I would hope our tailgate is coming in the near future.

Edited by gcn11