Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

Today on 1290 radio, Lawless stated categorically that LaPolice would be named as the new OC with the Bombers. Apparently he still live in Winnipeg.

That would be hugely disappointing to me.

I think Lapo realizes if he stays out of the coaching game too long he ain't getting back in and as his wife and kids live in Wpg. it's a good fit for him. 

I have no opinion whether he is the best choice for OC or not but I'm confident he will be better than the last guy cause he just couldn't possibly be worse.

Well, yeah, there is that.   :huh:

"Better than Bellefeuille" is not much of a compliment. The only significant upside is that he would be next in line to replace O'Shea when he stumbles.

Ah geez! That's even worse. 

"Better than Bellefeuille" is not much of a compliment. The only significant upside is that he would be next in line to replace O'Shea when he stumbles.

How on earth is that upside???

Well, O'Shea may be the worst HC in the league. He is certainly worse than Lapo. But barely.

Lapo looks like a freakin offensive genius on TV.  But he has an entire half of football  to look at replays and think about what he's going to say.  As a coach he's never proven himself to be a good game manager where you have to make quick decisions nor did he excel at managing the clock at the end of the game. 

I just cant stop thinking that this is going to be a huge mistake.       

LaPo feels like an uninspired choice. Would have rather gone with a new, younger offensive guy. Think overall LaPo is pretty conservative.

That said I thought he did a good job adding wrinkles to the offense weekly when he was here as a HC, but then just didn't have the personnel.

I think in this instance the Bombers can't afford another "swing and a miss".If they have another bad year Icould see attendance falling off dramatically. Sometimes safe and uninspired is better.Lapo is at worst a competent OC.

Sucks for us. We always miss the boat. 

Typical...Murphy could crash and burn just as easily as he succeeds and makes the Riders a contender again.  And quite frankly are the Riders that bad?  Next year they'll have Durant back which was probably 90% of their problem this year.   

But again certain people here will applaud whatever change another team makes but will **** on whatever the Bombers do.    There's a saying about a "leopard never changes its spots".