Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

I never suggested that Walters set up the scouting department to fail. I said he set up the scouting department in part to insulate himself in case they did fail. Mack didn't do that and took all the heat for the bad drafting and lack of depth. Walters has a scouting department to blame. It's not a conspiracy. It's management 101. 

I don't think that O'Shea kept MB and Tracey only so he had coordinators to fire this year, but it sure worked out well for him. If he had the foresight to fire them last year, he'd be a better HC but he'd probably be unemployed right now.

Theres no such management 101 to cover what you're saying.

Nobody hires personnel with the idea that they will fail. You might have a backup plan, but if you're thinking the personnel you hire might fail, you're setting yourself up to fail yourself, and really,,why in hell would you do that?

That may be your management style, but it sure as hell isnt mine.

Everyone you hire might fail and you should know that going in. If you assume everyone you hire won't fail, then you are setting yourself up for failure, not the other way around. Insulating yourself from failure goes a long way towards being seen as the right guy for the job.

My management style is to define exactly what I expect, to expect a lot from my people and to give them personal responsibility for their own jobs. I don't expect either them or myself to be infallible.

What he is saying is nobody builds anything with a buffer built in to protect the builder in case of failure. If something fails its on the builder, period. If scouting is deemed a "failure" which im not even ready to say it has been, its on walters.. Not on some BS insulating team he would throw under the bus..

If thats not what you meant, its sure how it came across,,

I'm sure the OC and O'shea will pick the O coaches and I highly doubt that dahlquist is retained. And if you actually listened to his press conference... you'd know this already.

Nope nope! Mike Oshea doesnt fire or release anyone. tracey, etch, bellfool are all secretly still attached to the organization..

Better choices would be Brady, Condell, Cortez

Guys who have jobs that they're not likely to leave for a lateral move. Why not just wish for Austin or Hufnagel while we've got our heads in the clouds?

Exactly, like who is going to come here in the situation we're in & leave a good thing behind?

Like its been mentioned before.. Some guys lovea challenge. Also, some guys like unstable situations as it often opens up a next level job..

Guys who have jobs that they're not likely to leave for a lateral move. Why not just wish for Austin or Hufnagel while we've got our heads in the clouds?
Exactly, like who is going to come here in the situation we're in & leave a good thing behind?

Like its been mentioned before.. Some guys lovea challenge. Also, some guys like unstable situations as it often opens up a next level job..

Some guys like unstable situations? 

O'Shea should have let MB and Tracey go at the end of last year. He kept them on, in a large part, to have someone else to fire to keep his job this year. If he'd pulled the trigger when he should have, he wouldn't have lasted this year as there wouldn't be anyone but him to blame.

You can't be serious with this post. He kept 2 people on that he knew couldn't do the job, so that he could have them around to fire , to save his job?

The list of possible OC's is so Winnipeg. Whose failing career can we try to salvage? Which of our old players can we give a job to? Which Winnipeggers or those with a Winnipeg family can we give the job to? Who can we promote from within to a job they've never done before? A better way to go about this would be to ask which teams are running the best offenses and can we hire their OC away from them? It would not only make us better but our competition worse.

There is no list. At least one that were aware of, so you don't know if other team's coordinators are, or aren't, on this list/no list.

Yea to suggest oshea didnt can tracey and bellfool just so he could point blame and axe them this season is absolutely absurd. Ive seen some crackpot theories on this board in my day but this?

Smh.

Some guys like unstable situations?

Yup. When theres a risk of a HC being on the ropes or the HC is an interm, some coordinators see that as a chance to move up faster then if they went to an established coaching team. Not all but some.

unless you like the track record we have of paying coaches after we release them. Come join the bombers, get a year or 2 paid vacation

Miller won't do that with MOS. He'll earn every penny win or lose. I can't imagine the pressure that poor guy will be under next season. Ever worked at a job where you know that your firing is an inevitability? I have & it's a terrible situation. 

unless you like the track record we have of paying coaches after we release them. Come join the bombers, get a year or 2 paid vacation

Miller won't do that with MOS. He'll earn every penny win or lose. I can't imagine the pressure that poor guy will be under next season. Ever worked at a job where you know that your firing is an inevitability? I have & it's a terrible situation.

Not really surprising.

Except his firing isn't inevitable. Seems to be the tiny detail missing from your theory. He wins, he stays.

Except his firing isn't inevitable. Seems to be the tiny detail missing from your theory. He wins, he stays.

He loses, he's gonzo. He's run out of any lives left over he had to save him. 

Not really surprising.

Not really surprising.

You have no idea.

after such a deflating season, I hold out a little hope that MB was the main culprit, and I hope Oshea has a good year enough to see him grow into a good HC. Our teams got better with him controlling it, our Defense was better, and could still be alot better with a few tweaks and competent offense to give them some breaks. If they turned it around next year, I could accept the learning curve bumps in year 1 and 2 and look forward to year 4

Guys who have jobs because other teams want them. That makes them more, not less desirable. It would cost more than picking from the coaches the other teams don't want but that money doesn't come out of the SMS so who cares and they're much more likely to be useful right off the bat.

There's lots of reasons one or more might want to take our OC job:

• Might want to coach where it matters instead of Toronto where they get maybe 10K out to a game.
  • Might want to get out from the shadow of their HC to prove that's not the reason they're good at what they do.
  • Might want to get a direct shot at being an HC sooner than waiting behind their current HC's. They might be able to do that by mid-season next year.
  • Might want more money than they are currently making.
  • Might want to have the Assistant HC title for their resume and O'Shea said he's OK with that.

Why not Austin or Hufnagel? Sure if we were replacing O'Shea and Walters, but unfortunately that's not happening.