Let the firings begin

tacklewasher

To me, Brady is the choice.

What's not to like about him as a candidate?

- He's a former CFL QB

- He's familiar with Mike O'Shea

- He's probably one of the only coaches in the CFL with his level of experience who has yet to be fired

- He's got a track record as a successful coordinator and he runs exactly the type of offense we're all hoping to see.

All aboard the Brady bandwagon.

Would love to get him, but why would he want to come here?  I can't think of any reasons.

I dont mind Marcus Brady...  the only question about him is, is the offense they're running in TO his' or Millanovich's?

Why does that matter?

If it works... He takes some of the main concepts he learned from Milo... throws in his own wrinkles... and you have a successful offense...

To me, Brady is the choice.

What's not to like about him as a candidate?

- He's a former CFL QB

- He's familiar with Mike O'Shea

- He's probably one of the only coaches in the CFL with his level of experience who has yet to be fired

- He's got a track record as a successful coordinator and he runs exactly the type of offense we're all hoping to see.

All aboard the Brady bandwagon.

Would love to get him, but why would he want to come here?  I can't think of any reasons.

- He has worked with O'Shea...

- The old "best shot at an HC gig" reason...

- new challenge?...

- Maybe he really likes and wants to work with Drew Willy and some of the talent we have here....

- Miller does a good sales pitch on the direction of the franchise...

just a few off the top of my head... could be one or more of these reasons.... could be other reasons I haven't thought of...

I dont mind Marcus Brady...  the only question about him is, is the offense they're running in TO his' or Millanovich's?

Why does that matter?

If it works... He takes some of the main concepts he learned from Milo... throws in his own wrinkles... and you have a successful offense...

I guess it matters too if he is skilled enough to make the in game adjustments.  That I don't know. I'm probably gonna be happy with whoever they hire provided they have CFL experience and understand they need to keep Willy upright not just through blocking schemes but smart play calling.

Also, Toronto has been a dumpster fire behind the scenes for the past couple of years and it could very well be that he is tired of it. Heck, there are even strong rumors circulating that Barker applied for the GM job in Saskatchewan. Wants out. Milanovich was on the verge of leaving last offseason. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Brady in Winnipeg next year.

Why does that matter?

I guess it matters too if he is skilled enough to make the in game adjustments.  That I don't know. I'm probably gonna be happy with whoever they hire provided they have CFL experience and understand they need to keep Willy upright not just through blocking schemes but smart play calling.

Good point... would also be interested to know if Brady or Milo call the plays...

Why does that matter?

Good point... would also be interested to know if Brady or Milo call the plays...

From what I'm seeing in the games, my guess is Millanovich is calling the plays... Brady serves as a pair of eyes on the box.

Kinda same situation between Austin and Condell.

That's just my guess though.

I never liked Lapo, he got a raw deal for sure but he seemed liked too much of a X's & O's  guy.

All you have to do is listen to Lapo address the team in the dressing room and see how fired up they get ... not! Terrible motivator.

I thought that Barker and Milanovich signed new deals. With new ownership and moving into BMO next season one might believe there is much needed new stability in the Toronto franchise and less reason for any of them to leave.

They did but they don't come into effect until the new year. Neither are leaving TO.

It's Milanovich's offense.

Also, Toronto has been a dumpster fire behind the scenes for the past couple of years and it could very well be that he is tired of it. Heck, there are even strong rumors circulating that Barker applied for the GM job in Saskatchewan. Wants out. Milanovich was on the verge of leaving last offseason. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Brady in Winnipeg next year.

New Ownership of Bell and Tanenbaum starts on January 1st 2016, a lot will and is currently changing.

Milanovich usually calls the plays, but there are some games when Brady does. However it should be noted, Brady has gotten into heated "discussions" at times with players when he's calling the plays.

I thought that Barker and Milanovich signed new deals. With new ownership and moving into BMO next season one might believe there is much needed new stability in the Toronto franchise and less reason for any of them to leave.

They signed 3 year deals with the new ownership only a couple of months ago, neither are going anywhere. As I pointed out earlier, things are a changing for the Argonauts. Milo, Barker and a bunch of current and former players are all saying how they can't wait for next year. The staff, players and wives just got a tour of BMO a couple of weeks ago, they're all pretty excited.

Michael Copeland (former President and COO of the CFL) has been brought in as the new President and CEO of the Argonauts. Sara Moore (former VP of Marketing for the CFL) has been brought in as the COO of the 2016 Grey Cup and Senior VP of Business Operations of the Argonauts.

‏@shantyhoops
Mike Copeland says tailgating is coming to #Toronto #PrimeTimeSE
@MatiszJohn
"Argonauts will be the most accessible team in sports next year." - Argos prez Michael Copeland, who really wants to rebound #PrimeTimeSE

The Argos would be stupid to let any of their current coaching staff go. They have kept the Argos competitive through all of the crap for the past few years and that was no small feat. They are going to need the continuity as move into their new digs.

I don't think the Argos would be stupid if they let Creehan or Brady go. Creehan is a terrible DC, I don't think I need to convince anyone around here about that. If Brady were to leave no biggie, Himebauch was brought in this year as OL and assistant HC and when Milanovich was originally brought in as the Head Coach back in 2012, Himebauch was named the offensive coordinator, but left not long after the announcement to coach at Wake Forest.

I dont mind Marcus Brady... the only question about him is, is the offense they're running in TO his' or Millanovich's?

Why does that matter?

Which is what Milanovich did. He learned from Trestman's and added his own wrinkles.

This one is the most intriguing one for me... what does he mean by "gets the opportunity"... Does he know that Brady will be let go at season's end?... what's wrong with his current opportunity?

Brady's contract runs out at the end of the year, so he is free to leave if he chooses to go for another opportunity. What's wrong his current situation I suppose is that he's under Milanovich's shadow.

As far as I know, Brady is an OC in name only as Millanovich calls the plays on Game Day does he not? 

Brady has been play calling this season and bits of last season as well (called the Argos first game last season then took  a backseat to Milo), from my understanding Milanovich can and does override the calls, especially if the offense is struggling or slow out of the gate. This season Milanovich has given more leeway to Brady though, due to Milanovich involving himself more in the other two phases of the game. The offensive game planning is still a collective effort (Himebauch also has some say), but it's still the Milanovich show in TO.

I dont mind Marcus Brady... the only question about him is, is the offense they're running in TO his' or Millanovich's?

Why does that matter?

Which is what Milanovich did. He learned from Trestman's and added his own wrinkles.

Hard to imagine that Montreal coaching staff at one point was Trestman at HC, Milanovich at OC and Burke at DC...

I never liked Lapo, he got a raw deal for sure but he seemed liked too much of a X's & O's  guy.

All you have to do is listen to Lapo address the team in the dressing room and see how fired up they get ... not! Terrible motivator.

Far too robotic in his approach, and for once I agree with JBR, the guy was incapable of playing a hunch, which is what separates the good coaches from the great ones.