what available coach would you hire?

Taynted_Fayth

I'd consider Noel Thorpe and Tommy Condell. Would like a coach that really excels at the Xs and Os aspect of the game. Someone who has strong ideas for either the offense or defense and can elevate that side of the ball. With no experience offensively and only his time as a player counting on the defensive side of the ball, one of the reasons I was down on the O'Shea hiring at first is that he will be forced to delegate so much. I expected him to have an impact on the ST and that has been a consistent problem.

Drew Willy was hurt. That probably saves MOS. The D has been good. SP teams are up and down... talent not there. O HAS BEEN AWFUL.. oops. MOS is back. MB is done.

Maybe, but didn't save Chamblin and Taman with Durant (and Glenn for a time) going down.

Reading up on the Chamblin Taman stuff... those 2 really screwed the riders hard. 1/3 of that rider team is 30 or older. They have nobody in the pipeline. They have no cap space even with guys on IR. It's not a fair comparison because it was very obvious Chamblin lost the team. It's not obvious here and despite what maybe 2 or 3 people on here say... Mos has not lost the room. Chamblin did.

I think MOS is on the other end of the spectrum right now compared to Chamblin's coaching style. i.e., wants to me more of a player coach than hard ass. e.g., not throwing his players under the bus even if they deserve it when talking about our current record.

However, there are limitations as we know with that style. I think MOS eventually will find his style/his identity, get the experience he needs and become a good CFL coach. Whether it's with us or not, don't know.

More of the issue that frustrates a lot of us is the Bombers for the last while have become a training facility for rookie head coaches. Let's move on from that show when we hire a new head coach, whenever that may be.

Experience is key, and with him guest appearing on tsn here and there im curious about benevidez who won a gc with bc. I know bc was paying him for firing him before his contract was up just curious if its nearly squared up

He won a grey cup with a team Buono built. Once he had a few years as the head coach things started to fall apart, granted there were some injuries etc. But I don't think Benevidez will be a head coach again any time soon.

In fairness to Benevidez, he had a declining Wally lording over him and making all of the personnel decisions.  He's a smart young guy who will benefit from previous experience in his next gig and do well imo.

Drew Willy was hurt. That probably saves MOS. The D has been good. SP teams are up and down... talent not there. O HAS BEEN AWFUL.. oops. MOS is back. MB is done.

Maybe, but didn't save Chamblin and Taman with Durant (and Glenn for a time) going down.

A lot of differences between Saskatchewan and here. The Riders biggest problems are on defense which was Chamblin's baby. They were 0-4 going into the game when Glenn was injured because of the defense and they were 0-9 when the two were fired mostly because of the defense. 

As well, there were off-field issues that the team's President had with Taman that also lead to Taman's firing:

“Being a general manager, there are lots of aspects to that role,’’ Reynolds said during Tuesday’s media conference introducing interim general manager and VP of football operations Jeremy O’Day and head coach Bob Dyce. “There’s roster management, salary-cap management and overall leadership. Speaking quite frankly, we had concerns in some of those areas. We felt it best to move forward in a different direction.’’

Reynolds said the Riders needed more leadership in football operations, which he considers a key role of the general manager. Reynolds added some of the salary cap and roster moves restricted the Riders as an organization.

Reynolds didn’t expand on those issues, but it’s believed some of the off-season bonuses paid to veterans may have limited the team while dealing with the salary cap.

http://www.leaderpost.com/business/field+issues+contributed+Taman+firing/11333228/story.html

Fire MB and let's see what MOS does with a capable OC

If he knows how to hire one.

Whoever we bring in, I don't want anymore friggen rookies.  I'm tired of us bringing in "the next big thing".  Steal someone's coach away from them for crying out loud.  We deserve the best!

You are ignoring what I see as key aspects: O'Shea presumably chose his assistant coaches and at least three have proven to be very poor choices. What makes you think he will choose better given another opportunity? He took two months to mull over whether to fire an obviously horrible defensive coach before he pulled the trigger, and then there are his really poor assessments of his quarterbacks and choices of game personnel. Add these up and it sure as spit looks like we need a new head coach.

A lot of differences between Saskatchewan and here. The Riders biggest problems are on defense which was Chamblin's baby. They were 0-4 going into the game when Glenn was injured because of the defense and they were 0-9 when the two were fired mostly because of the defense. 

As well, there were off-field issues that the team's President had with Taman that also lead to Taman's firing:

“Being a general manager, there are lots of aspects to that role,’’ Reynolds said during Tuesday’s media conference introducing interim general manager and VP of football operations Jeremy O’Day and head coach Bob Dyce. “There’s roster management, salary-cap management and overall leadership. Speaking quite frankly, we had concerns in some of those areas. We felt it best to move forward in a different direction.’’

Reynolds said the Riders needed more leadership in football operations, which he considers a key role of the general manager. Reynolds added some of the salary cap and roster moves restricted the Riders as an organization.

Reynolds didn’t expand on those issues, but it’s believed some of the off-season bonuses paid to veterans may have limited the team while dealing with the salary cap.

http://www.leaderpost.com/business/field+issues+contributed+Taman+firing/11333228/story.html

True, I'm not trying to defend them, but it doesn't cancel out the fact they lost their #1 and #2 qb's, the generals of their team. 

You are ignoring what I see as key aspects: O'Shea presumably chose his assistant coaches and at least three have proven to be very poor choices. What makes you think he will choose better given another opportunity? He took two months to mull over whether to fire an obviously horrible defensive coach before he pulled the trigger, and then there are his really poor assessments of his quarterbacks and choices of game personnel. Add these up and it sure as spit looks like we need a new head coach.

oh noes! Two whole months? also wasnt he essentially saddled with MB? Hall has been outstanding as a DC as well.. he was an O'shea pick im assuming?

oh noes! Two whole months? also wasnt he essentially saddled with MB? Hall has been outstanding as a DC as well.. he was an O'shea pick i'm assuming?

It would depend if one out of three is OK- pretty much like the Bomber win/loss record on his watch.

I suspect he was told to jet Etcheverry or he'd still be here.