what available coach would you hire?

Taynted_Fayth

Is there a coach whisperer around? O'Shea might be good if he lost some of his stubborn streak. Before big changes I sure would like to see him with a different OC. We have invested quite a bit of time and money in him so let's make sure it's not him that's the problem.

One thing seems to stand out, guys want to come here to play for him. Can he get them to start working for him?

If O'shea will be gone, I think I want to see LaPo back and see what he can do with a legit franchise QB (Willy), a better Canadian content and a CFL OC (no Crowton)... 3 major things that he dont have on his previous stint here. Walters should provide a better import talent though especially at the receivers and DL.

When he first came to Winnipeg Buck Pierce was a more proven and better quarterback than Drew Willy is. We didn't have a real OC with Lapo cause the man wanted to have his hands all over the offense as well. I'd also say it's debatable whether the Canadian content is really improved or not. Westerman is the only legit star guy we got right now, at least Lapo had Brown and Labatte when he first got here. 

If O'shea will be gone, I think I want to see LaPo back and see what he can do with a legit franchise QB (Willy), a better Canadian content and a CFL OC (no Crowton)... 3 major things that he dont have on his previous stint here. Walters should provide a better import talent though especially at the receivers and DL.

I still don't know if LaPo has the presence to turn a team like ours around. He's not a good motivator and it's hard to take him seriously when he's tripping all over what he's trying to say. I just don't know if he's tough enough to take on some of the players. Same problem as O'Shea -- too much of a nice guy. This team needs a Don Matthews type to counter the country club atmosphere that exists now.

Drew Willy was hurt. That probably saves MOS. The D has been good. SP teams are up and down... talent not there. O HAS BEEN AWFUL.. oops. MOS is back. MB is done.

Maybe, but didn't save Chamblin and Taman with Durant (and Glenn for a time) going down.

Reading up on the Chamblin Taman stuff... those 2 really screwed the riders hard. 1/3 of that rider team is 30 or older. They have nobody in the pipeline. They have no cap space even with guys on IR. It's not a fair comparison because it was very obvious Chamblin lost the team. It's not obvious here and despite what maybe 2 or 3 people on here say... Mos has not lost the room. Chamblin did.

I might be willing to see what a guy like Markus Howell could do as OC... he's been around a while, has played the game... He might just be the answer really. Couldn't be worse than MB and Crowton. 

Sure he could be worse...he's been coaching the receivers for a while...how do you like them generally?