NFL Cuts

M.O.A.B.

According to CFL CapGeek the Bombers have something like a bit under $800,000 to spend to get to the salary cap. So, if we want Muamba we can go after him. BTW, we are the highest paid team in the CFL which is just sad considering our record. The other 8 teams have a million or more to spend to get to the cap.

The salary floor is $600,000 below the cap, so I don't see how any team could be 1 million below the cap. Cap of 5.05M floor of 4.45M

That "CFLCapGeek" really needs to qualify the numbers they have up.  Is "cap space" an estimate of what teams have left to spend cumulatively?  The SMS is tabulated by the league at the end of the season, teams don't have to be "under the cap" for each game like the NHL.

It also defaults unknown salaries to the league minimum, so the numbers are going to be wacky regardless.  To be honest there are way too many bonuses in CFL contracts to put together a database like the NHL cap geek.

Chris Cuthbert just said that Brett Jones received a injury settlement and is now a free agent. Not sure the extent of his injury and when he might be ready to play.

I'd take that Muamba money and give it to him if he was ready to play now.

Sprained his MCL and I believe it was a 4-6 week recovery time.

Chris Cuthbert just said that Brett Jones received a injury settlement and is now a free agent. Not sure the extent of his injury and when he might be ready to play.

I'd take that Muamba money and give it to him if he was ready to play now.

Sprained his MCL and I believe it was a 4-6 week recovery time.

OK...Thanks that probably makes his return this season questionable. 

Honestly, I don't think we are anywhere near the cap... I just don't see how we can be. 

Depends how you define anywhere near the cap. There's a 12% spread between the floor and the cap. Every team is forced to spend roughly the same amount of money. $600,000 between the min and max spend.

Well that certainly narrows the pool down somewhat. I don't think Henoc will get more than a quick look see in his tryout, but you never know. My biggest issue with re-signing Henoc is whether we are getting the same player we had or not. Admittedly, this is a chance I am willing to take.

Don't they just grab numbers from newspaper reports...?  At least its something I guess...

They do that. However, only about 10% of salaries have media reports as to the value and an even lower amount are accurate. The rest they just allow fans to guess at, which is ok, if you don't call it sourced.

The big problem I have with CapGeek isn't their numbers being out to lunch on 90% of the league, it's the fact that they try to back it up by saying it's sourced, when for the most part it's guys like you and me emailing them and throwing darts at a board with a biindfold on.