NFL Cuts

M.O.A.B.

If Simmons is as good as he was with Ottawa, the thought of a Simmons-Bass-Wild linebacking corps makes me positively giddy.

Who of those 3 is covering a slotback?

Bass or Wild. I don't know if Simmons has the speed.

Neither do the other two.  Randle isn't going anywhere, and even if he is you're still playing a DB in that spot.

Not sold on Randle.

If Simmons is as good as he was with Ottawa, the thought of a Simmons-Bass-Wild linebacking corps makes me positively giddy.

Neither do the other two.  Randle isn't going anywhere, and even if he is you're still playing a DB in that spot.

Not sold on Randle.

Wait... what?? Have you watching him play at all this year... he's been fantastic in the SAM/dime spot

Not sold on Randle.

Then you don't know what you're looking for. He's quietly become an elite SAM in this league, no question.

The linebackers have really settled down as the year has gone on, but to me Wild is just the kind of player you make room for. 

Add Wild and improve the defensive line (outside of Westerman who is playing great) and then the D starts to look pretty solid. 

Doesn't address the two slugs we have on the D-line.

The linebackers have really settled down as the year has gone on, but to me Wild is just the kind of player you make room for. 

Add Wild and improve the defensive line (outside of Westerman who is playing great) and then the D starts to look pretty solid. 

Doesn't address the two slugs we have on the D-line.

What saying we need to improve the DL doesn't address that?

@SUNMitchell: Per sources, the Blue #Bombers, #BCLions, #RedBlacks and Stampeders are all in the mix for DE Shawn Lemon’s services. #CFL

If the $$ are even close, I'd take the Stamps, Redblacks and Lions (Order of likelihood of getting a GC appearance, all are more likely to get playoff $) before I'd take Winnipeg if I were Lemon. 

@SUNMitchell: Per sources, the Blue #Bombers, #BCLions, #RedBlacks and Stampeders are all in the mix for DE Shawn Lemon’s services. #CFL

If the $$ are even close, I'd take the Stamps, Redblacks and Lions (Order of likelihood of getting a GC appearance, all are more likely to get playoff $) before I'd take Winnipeg if I were Lemon.

That's weird I would have expected you to place Winnipeg at the top of the list.

Replace Hurl with Wild and add a pass rusher and the front 7 would be vastly improved.

Not sold on Randle.

Wait... what?? Have you watching him play at all this year... he's been fantastic in the SAM/dime spot

Really? Hmm ... I'll have to pay better attention. I saw him hesitating last game and thought he might be struggling.

Not sold on Randle.

Then you don't know what you're looking for. He's quietly become an elite SAM in this league, no question.

Fair enough. 

You seriously want one of those guys covering receivers like Green and Dressler?

This team uses two linebackers, not three. Our D is a 4-2-6. Hell, it looks like a 5-1-6 on a lot of occasions because Hurl's usually jumping into a gap right after the snap.

Arash Madani @ArashMadani

Shawn Lemon, a #CFL free agent, likely signs (between BC, Ottawa, WPG) in the next 24-48 hours. WPG putting on full-court press to land him.

Arash Madani @ArashMadani

Shawn Lemon, a sought-after #CFL free agent, is doing his due diligence by contacting WPG/OTT/BC coaches and players to find the right fit.

If this is true then I would think we are the front runners to be honest.

Contrary to what alot of people on here think, or claim, we have a lot going for us organization wise, facility wise and fanbase wise. We are truly a few quick pieces and tweeks to becoming legit contender, and a compliment to Westerman is the start.