NFL Cuts

M.O.A.B.

When Desjardins is fired, no doubt one of the reasons will be his inability to manage the team finances under the cap.

I mean, this guy just throws money at players he wants. No other team can do this.

I can understand DesJardins needing to field a competitive team in short order after the previous incarnations in Ottawa, but it looks like there is no limit on his budget.

I wonder why there's no official announcement from the RedBlacks yet regrading Shawn Lemon's signing.

Verbal agreement with Lemon ,, probably just waiting until the I's are dotted and T's crossed.

Verbal agreement... I remember we had a verbal agreement with Gregg Carr first night of the free-agency in the past, only to find out the next morning that he decided to sign with Edmonton who gave him 10k more than he agreed upon with Winnipeg.

Not saying he will not sign with Ottawa eventually, but maybe another (NFL) team gave him a call and shown interest and he will give it another get-go.

The price tag of our free agents must of been higher, bryant , picard, westermen, hurl, and resigning willy cost us a pretty penny

Willy is making the same this year as he did last year. His new contract doesn't come into effect until next season.

Usually extensions in the CFL come into effect immediately as the remaining contract is ripped up and renegotiated. Willy would be an exception if he's playing out his last contract.

The price tag of our free agents must of been higher, bryant , picard, westermen, hurl, and resigning willy cost us a pretty penny

Willy is making the same this year as he did last year. His new contract doesn't come into effect until next season.

Usually extensions in the CFL come into effect immediately as the remaining contract is ripped up and renegotiated. Willy would be an exception if he's playing out his last contract.

He is definitely playing under his new contract.

He is definitely playing under his new contract.

You're right. My mistake but he is still playing for the same money as last season.