The Myth of Mike O'Shea

We had the bye week to "coach up" Marve and put in a game plan to play to his strengths and take some of the pressure off him. 

Epic fail.  In my eyes, a fireable offense.

But that is alright....perhaps Mike can simply give MB an extra hug....or give the next guy who screws up a firm asspatt.

Accountability?

MOS is going to end up killing himself with kindness.  Bottom line is coaches and players simply have to perform - this continuing failure and incompetence, will end up at his door.......

Yes...all of this after a bye week...What did Mike do...tell them all to go home (except Marve) and forget about football for awhile....looks like it worked...I don't know why this team can't seem to find the right people or make right minded decisions...Seems we're always flying by the seat of our pants ...There has to be some changes soon before the stands at IGF looks like a moonscape... Inept Marcel Bellefueille should have been gone yesterday along with the qb. he's grooming, Brohm ..We can start preparing for next year because this team, as it stands now, does not have it..Another bloody write off and I'm sure getting sick and tired of that scenario..I think I'm going to have to join do or die in some imbibing after our games now, so I can learn to forget...

Sooner or later MB will go down and if it's later he might take O'Shea down with him.  Hearing O'Shea on the post game show saying he's not sure who will start next week is scary. If it's Brohm, the field will be all divots, with Marve and the same inflexible game plan, we get Yesterday Part 2. 

Saying who is going to start is both expected and predictable. Why would MOS want to be perceived as to making a snap, reactionary judgement on any player's performance immediately following a game? We want people to make objective decisions following a process. It is a no win situation to declare a starter yesterday.

I agree with Do or Die and others about the two week bye, and two weeks to come up with a game plan and practice it (though I know there is a mandatory break in there for the players). How can a team coming off a two week bye look so terrible? I never expected  a win but I did post that I expected to see a competitive game.

Again, who I really feel sorry for are those die hard bomber fans that pay real money and go to IGF every (other) week to watch this team with efforts like that. Look at the Eskimos, they got blown out last week by Hamilton and had only one week to prepare for Toronto - they came out mad as hell for what happened at home and gave their fans something to watch and then some. And don't look now - Justin Sorensen, Adarius Bowman, Cory Watson - reads like a bomber roster doesn't it? Those guys are doing alright here.

Haven't watched the post game yet but I will right away. O'Shea and the entire football club - you should be embarrassed. Now you go into the teeth of a sleeping giant in Sask. Not sure if O'Shea and his staff can survive to next year if it's two more blow outs to a team who are winning (possibly) their first two games of the year (though they may win today).

We had the bye week to "coach up" Marve and put in a game plan to play to his strengths and take some of the pressure off him. 

Epic fail.  In my eyes, a fireable offense.

But that is alright....perhaps Mike can simply give MB an extra hug....or give the next guy who screws up a firm asspatt.

Accountability?

MOS is going to end up killing himself with kindness.  Bottom line is coaches and players simply have to perform - this continuing failure and incompetence, will end up at his door.......

And the guy who lives upstairs. Kyle Walters. 

Saying who is going to start is both expected and predictable. Why would MOS want to be perceived as to making a snap, reactionary judgement on any player's performance immediately following a game? We want people to make objective decisions following a process. It is a no win situation to declare a starter yesterday.

O'Shea is a terrible head coach. The only difference between he & Burke is he doesn't cry. Results exactly the same. They lose & lose & lose. 

O'Shea is a terrible head coach. The only difference between he & Burke is he doesn't cry. Results exactly the same. They lose & lose & lose. 

Iso...what hard facts do you have that proves Mike O'Shea a terrible head coach?  Sure you can look at the record but i'm not sure that alone is evidence enough.  In my opinion Mike O'Shea is at this time an average head coach who could become a good one.  But even the best head coaches in this league have had their lows.   

Other than that you have no real evidence of his ability to coach.  Other than your subjective views. 

When a head coach has been in the saddle for his second year and the team is having the same problems (and I don't mean losing Willy) there is something wrong with the coaching. If it is the sub-coaches, and they are still around, it lands at the feet of the head coach. On the post-game interview on 1290, I felt sorry for O'Shea- he sounded confused, down and lost. Almost like Burke when it was obvious that Burke was climbing to the gallows.

O'Shea, like Burke, is in over his head at the moment, with no prospect of improvement.

Iso...what hard facts do you have that proves Mike O'Shea a terrible head coach?  Sure you can look at the record but i'm not sure that alone is evidence enough.  In my opinion Mike O'Shea is at this time an average head coach who could become a good one.  But even the best head coaches in this league have had their lows.   

Other than that you have no real evidence of his ability to coach.  Other than your subjective views. 

Mike O'Shea is a terrible head coach period. The proof is in the record. Not sure why you would think otherwise. And his record IMHO is evidence enough.

Mike O'Shea is a terrible head coach period. The proof is in the record. Not sure why you would think otherwise. And his record IMHO is evidence enough.

BRT...that's the easy answer but what other evidence do you have.  Come on prove it too me.

Has he made in game mistakes?  I haven't seen many if any.  Roster decisions?  Are we really in the know that we can criticize them?  Do we watch practise? Do we break down the game film and focus on a particular players execution?  Do we have direct access to the medical staff to know who's healthy enough to play and who's not?   

It's easy for some to dump on O'Shea just due to the record.  

BRT...that's the easy answer but what other evidence do you have.  Come on prove it too me.

Has he made in game mistakes?  I haven't seen many if any.  Roster decisions?  Are we really in the know that we can criticize them?  Do we watch practise? Do we break down the game film and focus on a particular players execution?  Do we have direct access to the medical staff to know who's healthy enough to play and who's not?   

It's easy for some to dump on O'Shea just due to the record.  

True, but ultimately "that record" is O'Shea's responsibility, even if blame can be dumped on his coordinators.

MB has a history of sucking. It's easy to say fire O'shea and then next year have a new coach and when we suck again fire him and repeat really. But the real problem is the OC. 2 weeks to prepare and 136 yards total O later here we are. Last in points scored. Last in sacks against. Ask AC in Montreal cuz it's exactly what happened when MB was his oc too

Yeah, I do. 4-14 the past 18 games. That's a hard fact. Head coaches get fired with a record like that. You can spin things any way you want but the bottom line to me is his record. He's brutal. 

Yeah, I do. 4-14 the past 18 games. That's a hard fact. Head coaches get fired with a record like that. You can spin things any way you want but the bottom line to me is his record. He's brutal. 

I hope you didn't take too much time and energy to come up with this response.