The Myth of Mike O'Shea

Saying who is going to start is both expected and predictable. Why would MOS want to be perceived as to making a snap, reactionary judgement on any player's performance immediately following a game? We want people to make objective decisions following a process. It is a no win situation to declare a starter yesterday.

O'Shea is a terrible head coach. The only difference between he & Burke is he doesn't cry. Results exactly the same. They lose & lose & lose.

Iso...what hard facts do you have that proves Mike O'Shea a terrible head coach? Sure you can look at the record but i'm not sure that alone is evidence enough. In my opinion Mike O'Shea is at this time an average head coach who could become a good one. But even the best head coaches in this league have had their lows.

Other than that you have no real evidence of his ability to coach. Other than your subjective views.

Yeah, I do. 4-14 the past 18 games. That's a hard fact. Head coaches get fired with a record like that. You can spin things any way you want but the bottom line to me is his record. He's brutal.

his backup and can't make routine throws or handle pressure and his offensive line gets dominated... Why blame the coach for a clear failure on the part of the guy who built this roster that can't handle any injuries?

Saying who is going to start is both expected and predictable. Why would MOS want to be perceived as to making a snap, reactionary judgement on any player's performance immediately following a game? We want people to make objective decisions following a process. It is a no win situation to declare a starter yesterday.

O'Shea is a terrible head coach. The only difference between he & Burke is he doesn't cry. Results exactly the same. They lose & lose & lose. 

Iso...what hard facts do you have that proves Mike O'Shea a terrible head coach?  Sure you can look at the record but i'm not sure that alone is evidence enough.  In my opinion Mike O'Shea is at this time an average head coach who could become a good one.  But even the best head coaches in this league have had their lows.   

Other than that you have no real evidence of his ability to coach.  Other than your subjective views. 

Yeah, I do. 4-14 the past 18 games. That's a hard fact. Head coaches get fired with a record like that. You can spin things any way you want but the bottom line to me is his record. He's brutal. 

I hope you didn't take too much time and energy to come up with this response.  

You deny that??? C'mon, seriously, lots of coaches who were great guys have been fired. Most of them very smart & capable but they were only judged by their won/loss record. Coaches are ultimately paid to win & not to just coach. That's the business of pro football. Winning teams sell tickets. Losing coaches get fired. You may like MOS & think this debacle isn't his fault but he'll be the first casualty by management. Walters will fire O'Shea & not himself. 

Now I'm all for replacing bellefool but seriously guys, what game plan works when the ol is so thoroughly dominated? Large was getting sacked by 3 man rushes. How is that not a damningindictmentof the offensive line?

Personnel is the biggest issue here. The D and special teams have been playing quite well outside of a handful of bad kicks and decisions by Hajrullahu and Stoudermire. There's nothing anyone could do with Marve as he was yesterday. BLM was the difference. Both OL were horrendous, BLM had a clue and the arm to move the ball, Marve had neither.

Now I'm all for replacing bellefool but seriously guys, what game plan works when the ol is so thoroughly dominated? Large was getting sacked by 3 man rushes. How is that not a damningindictmentof the offensive line?

I didn't think the Bomber o-line played particularly well but Marve's pocket presence is a huge work in progress and quite frankly it makes the Bomber o-line look worse then it actually is. Whenever the pocket even started to collapse Marve would put his head down and start moving around. The difference between a decently mobile quarterback like BLM and Marve is that BLM is constantly looking for his read and target, even when he's forced to move the pocket, or run out of the pocket.

Ok who kept Marve here? Brohm? Who kept MB here after last year? How about starting 8 Cdn all year when we have arguably the worst Cdn talent in the league?Who didn't call a timeout against Cal that lost us a game?Who is ultimately the judge of the talent we have? Who left in Willy against Hammy in the second half when our Qb was getting killed.I get it MOS is a good guy but he ain't a good HC. The facts stand for itself crap if Popp was running this team would we still have MOS? Nope.

With our luck...we would get Bud the Spud.......

At least after he stunk up the joint, we could eat him…… 

assuming we win one of two against sask….

I figure we'll limp along to the end of the year with who we have. then can the offensive coach, (which solves all our problems according to some people here) …. this gets oshea one more year.

we'll still be crappy next year, then Mike will be canned.

If we lose both to sask, somebodies leaving involuntarily.

that's my (admittedly relatively uniformed ) guess. coaches salaries have to be calculated into what they do as well. paying the fired guy, paying the new guy. ticket sales off. not good.

Don't like to say it, but it's Hard to understand why they keep Brohm on the team. other than being a good guy, I can't see the point of keeping him around. 

I figure we'll limp along to the end of the year with who we have. then can the offensive coach, (which solves all our problems according to some people here) …. this gets oshea one more year.

that's my (admittedly relatively uniformed ) guess. coaches salaries have to be calculated into what they do as well. paying the fired guy, paying the new guy. ticket sales off. not good.

Don't like to say it, but it's Hard to understand why they keep Brohm on the team. other than being a good guy, I can't see the point of keeping him around. 

Heck, I'm a good guy and can hold a clip board with the best and I would work a lot cheaper than Brohm. It would be nice to supplement my pension and I would be no less effective than Brohm.

Heck, I'm a good guy and can hold a clip board with the best and I would work a lot cheaper than Brohm. It would be nice to supplement my pension and I would be no less effective than Brohm.

Can you shoot gophers with a football? 

Can we please stop the mud slinging?

I think that they're talking about football slinging.  :P

I think that they're talking about football slinging. :P
More like football skipping.