The Myth of Mike O'Shea

I have seen it said here that Bomber teams led by Mike O'Shea do not give up fighting until the very end and rarely, if ever, getting blown out by the opposition

vs.

Tim Burke led Bomber teams that were consistently blown out by opposition with players quitting on the coach and themselves.  

Looking back at the 2013 season (Burke's only full season as coach) the Bombers lost games by more than 2 Tds nine times, lost games by 20 or more points five times and lost games by 26 or more points three times.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers_season

We are only half way through the 2015 season  and the Bombers have lost games by two tds, 20 or more points, and 26 or more points four times.  

52-26 vs. Hamilton

32-3 vs. Edmonton

38-8 vs. Hamilton

36-8 vs. Calgary

We have half a season to go but it appears the myth of a never-say-die, never-give up-attitude of the Bombers under Mike O'Shea has been busted.  The lopsided scores posted above in just half a season proves it.

Agree or disagree and why?

I'm not implying Mike O'Shea is free of blame with the comment I'm about to make. Certainly that's not the case as everyone has a hand in as to why the team is in the state that it is right now.

That being said, with two weeks to prepare coming off a bye, if that's the best offensive game plan you can come up with, that should speak volumes about your offensive staff, and OC.

O'Shea's specialties, or whatever you want to call them are defense and special teams. For the most part, I think those facets of the game did rather well tonight.

Seems like the defense gave up in the second half. Total time of possession was dead even so they shouldn't have been tired.

They didn't give up. They just were on the field lots. Don't buy time of possession being similar. Our O kept going 2 and out all 2nd half. Seriously how many 2 and outs did we have. Besides Marves pick 6 was basically the game. D played well so did special teams. The O legit laid a goose egg. Did nothing.

The economy is in tatters, the people are unhappy, the world is coming to an end for the fifth time in the last minute of the fourth quarter.

Question: Who do we blame?

Answer: The President or the King or the Monarch or the Czar or the whatever...

Problem is...these guys are rarely in charge of anything.

The entire organization from top to bottom is rotten.

The organization is rotten from the top to the bottom and from the bottom to the top and from the core to the periphery and from the periphery to the core.

Go Bombers

The organization is just cheap and you get what you pay for, a bunch of special team coaches and failures.

Next house cleaning, which will come soon enough, they better start by hiring a worthy GM, preferably a HC who has worked his way through the ranks. I'd offer Milanovich whatever he wants to come here.

The organization is just cheap and you get what you pay for, a bunch of special team coaches and failures.

Next house cleaning, which will come soon enough, they better start by hiring a worthy GM, preferably a HC who has worked his way through the ranks. I'd offer Milanovich whatever he wants to come here.

He signed a new deal with Toronto and will never eeeever come here. Why. So he can be fired in 2 years?

He signed a new deal with Toronto and will never eeeever come here. Why. So he can be fired in 2 years?

No, so he can become a GM at the twice the salary of a HC.

Never eeeever. Pointless to talk about even. Never in a million years. Good coaches won't come here. No security at all.

Never eeeever. Pointless to talk about even. Never in a million years. Good coaches won't come here. No security at all.

Every contract is guaranteed, if he wants 5 years, give it to him.

What a load of garbage.  Hamilton fired two coaches in one year (Marcel and Cortez) and they ended up snagging Austin.  Looks like you can go through coaches quickly and still make a quality hire provided you are willing to pay the price.

I believe that if you traded coaching staffs in this game the result would have been exactly the same.  Our offensive line and Marve were that inept.  And I'm not blaming Marve, he's in an extremely crappy situation having to play when he is clearly not ready.  Whether he will ever be ready and have the skills to play in this league is the issue.  It's too bad we'll spend a significant portion of this season finding that out.

BLM was the difference in this game.  Calgary couldn't run the ball, whenever they tried they took a bunch of penalties.  BLM got smacked a ton, but knows how to play the game and can make some throws.  Marve is the complete opposite right now.

Pretty tough. I haven't seen the gane yet. But it's embarrassing. Is it just we lost our starting QB so now we will be lucky to win another game?

Why are our back ups way worse than everyone else's?

Caught a bit on the radio and Bob Irving seemed perplexed when Mike was patting a player on the back for a bad penalty.

I like Marcel but even if he was dealt a bad hand isn't it time for something to be done? He has to go.

Good coaches won't come here. No security at all.

sure. teams…. like Hamilton, Montreal, Edmonton, BC. are so much more patient with head coaches.

How long did Benevides have in BC? two years? How long till tedford gets fired?

How long did Tom get in Montreal? and who was their coach last year? two coaches in one year? 

This is another story line that is repeated so often, you might start to think it's true.

Marcel needs to go and Brohm needs to go.  There has got to be some QB out there that is better then Brohm.  If Elliott is free, you bring him in.  At least he knows the game, can throw the ball and move the line of scrimmage.  He's miles ahead of Brohm.

And bring it Worman (is he coaching somewhere, I couldn't find him) or Lapo as interim OC.  I don't care what anyone says.  As an OC Lapo never had a losing season.

Check LaPo's actual record the year they limped into the Cup. Started out hot on fire. Teams then figured it out and the last half of the season was a bust. They get to the Cup and u r stuck to bring him back. They don't get to the Cup and he gets gunned in the off season.