Da'Rel Scott To 6-Game

Noeller

We haven't had a great running back since early in Fred Reid's time here. In a way I don't mind the RB carousel going around until we find one.

Yep - great point. As terrible (and I mean the worst in the league) the bombers have been at recruiting quarterbacks, up until recently it has been the opposite at Running back. One position, until recently, I never worried about. We always seemed to find a stud. Fred Reid had looked like the latest one but for whatever reason (most likely an injury) lost his consistency. Paris Cotton is NOT the answer here, for every good game he has, he has four very non-descript games. Right now it's Marshall or bust and I thought slowly he was taking over the #1 spot anyway. That being said, he's still not even close to some 'Canadian' backs in this league like Harris. Cornish, or Messam. 

I agree with the RB carousel - lets keep bringing them in until we find someone who can be consistent.

We haven't had a great running back since early in Fred Reid's time here. In a way I don't mind the RB carousel going around until we find one.

Yep - great point. As terrible (and I mean the worst in the league) the bombers have been at recruiting quarterbacks, up until recently it has been the opposite at Running back. One position, until recently, I never worried about. We always seemed to find a stud. Fred Reid had looked like the latest one but for whatever reason (most likely an injury) lost his consistency. Paris Cotton is NOT the answer here, for every good game he has, he has four very non-descript games. Right now it's Marshall or bust and I thought slowly he was taking over the #1 spot anyway. That being said, he's still not even close to some 'Canadian' backs in this league like Harris. Cornish, or Messam. 

I agree with the RB carousel - lets keep bringing them in until we find someone who can be consistent.

I guess you didn't think about the fact that the RB need better blocking and schemes.

I guess you didn't think about the fact that the RB need better blocking and schemes.

That's partially true, but I have seen way too many promising runs end on an arm tackle, for my liking, over that timespan as well.

To be fair, Chad Simpson was pretty good in 2012.

Garrett was great to end 2011 as well. 576 yards in 6 games for a 6.3 yard avg with 4 TD. Not to mention the 190+ yard performance in the East Final.

Both Garrett and Simpson were great for one small segment of time and then completely dropped off.

Garrett was great to end 2011 as well. 576 yards in 6 games for a 6.3 yard avg with 4 TD. Not to mention the 190+ yard performance in the East Final.

Both Garrett and Simpson were great for one small segment of time and then completely dropped off.

It takes a pretty well glued together small running back to survive the pounding if he is giving it his flat-out best every down. Charlie Roberts was the exception but it seems to be the 210 lb George Reed type who lasts long enough to be remembered.

Well to be fair to Garrett he tore his Achilles. He never really "fell off".

What is Kory Sheet doing these days?

Ugh! Kidding?

Nope. If he is healthy and would like to go back in the CFL and would come to a reasonable $$$ then I say get him here.

He is a proven RB. No doubt about it.  

A 30 year old plus running back who tore his achilles who'd want big bucks (CFL standards) to play here? If he was healthy the Riders would have brought him back by now. No, I wouldn't want him here at all.