If I were Wade miller I would...

Walters has done his job. The problems with the Bombers are Bellefeuille and to a lesser extent, O'Shea.

Walters is only at the beginning of doing his job, but he has started well. He does have to build on what he has begun. That should be continuing now, the rest of the season and the off year. It won't end until we get that Cup.

Bellefeuille is a separate matter altogether and presents a whole different challenge.

Last year at this point we were 5-3. We (supposedly) have a much more talented team of players this year, many brought in by Kyle Walters and blessed by O'Shea. O'Shea has a full year of experience under his belt. O'Shea decided to keep Bellefeuille as OC. O'Shea brought in Pat Tracey as special teams coach. We are now 3-5 at the same point in the season. O'Shea is still making coaching blunders. MB has produced the second-least productive offense in the league. Pat Tracey and the special teams are an unmitigated disaster.

When do you see us getting this Cup given the current state of affairs? This year? Next? 2 years? 5 years?

If Bombers don't win at least 8 games this year, O'Shea should be fired.

Our starting quarterback is out at least according to the team until mid-October. We're 3-5, have an inept offensive coordinator, can't run the ball, give up the most sacks in the league and are counting on a third string quarterback with a tendency to force balls he has no business throwing, and you expect our coach to go 5-5 down the stretch with two games against Calgary, and games against Edmonton and Toronto to save his job.

Brilliant.

Our centre is pathetic. Our left guard, whether it be Greaves or Neufeld isn't much better. Three out of five does not make a good offensive line.

Still think Picard is helping chungh more than focusing on his own game

But dem snaps doh.

If Bombers don't win at least 8 games this year, O'Shea should be fired.

Our starting quarterback is out at least according to the team until mid-October. We're 3-5, have an inept offensive coordinator, can't run the ball, give up the most sacks in the league and are counting on a third string quarterback with a tendency to force balls he has no business throwing, and you expect our coach to go 5-5 down the stretch with two games against Calgary, and games against Edmonton and Toronto to save his job.

Brilliant.

Look at the schedule genius. Expecting 5 wins is more than reasonable. Other teams win games with backup QBs. So should we. Oh and who decided to bring Bellefeuille back this season?

Blaming MOS is ludicrous. Gotta stop firing people all the time. Show some patience. As long as we are getting a tiny bit better, it still counts. And without our starting QB it's hard to tell much from wins and losses. Let's give it the season and see where we're at.

Blaming MOS is ludicrous. Gotta stop firing people all the time. Show some patience. As long as we are getting a tiny bit better, it still counts. And without our starting QB it's hard to tell much from wins and losses. Let's give it the season and see where we're at.

No. A tiny bit better just isn't good enough. We need real, demonstrable progress.

Perfarful.

Ridiculous to consider firing MOS.

That's precisely how we get in these situations. Hire and fire. Without concern to how the future looks with this roster in place. You have to give him the year..at least.

We get in this situation not because we fire guys every couple of years, but because we hire the wrong guys every couple of years. It's make the playoffs or look for another HC at the end of this year and making the playoffs isn't looking probable right now.

The spot light should be on Walters and his scouts, McMannus, Goveia and Morris, those are the guys that need to bring in the talent. This is just their first full year at it so we should have a better read on things by seasons end and whether or not they are getting it done. The current roster just isn't good enough or deep enough so that is where the improvement has to start. Once you've built a contender, then it falls on the coaching staff to make the difference but not right now.

Perfarful.

Ridiculous to consider firing MOS.

That's precisely how we get in these situations. Hire and fire. Without concern to how the future looks with this roster in place. You have to give him the year..at least.

Haven't hear too many calls for O'Shea and Co. to be sacked mid-season but I hold to my view that he has to do a lot better than his record to date to keep his job. Its not just his record but the lack of progress in critical areas which have gone too long unaddressed.

If I were Wade miller I would...

get an O-line to protect the qb.

We have a good O-line. We need an OC.
No we don't. Our OL is the worst (again) in the CFL.
100% false. We have a very good OL. The schemes are terrible for a pocket passer like Willy.

What team have you been watching? You actually think we have a "very good OL"??? It's just schemes? 

Have gone for broke this season and instructed Walters to put the rebuild on hold for a season to focus on winning a Grey Cup by pulling a Taman and doing everything in his power to land a  veteran starting qb such as Ricky Ray and  trading for veterans or signing as many veteran free agents as possible. The fact they stayed the course and are now likely to finish under .500 and out of the playoffs again does not bode well for Grey Cup ticket sales or the psyche of this fan base that will hve every reason to lose it should they miss the post season again.

I like what Marve brings to the table but can't help and wonder how nice it would be to have Ricky Ray in the line up after labour day for the run to the playoffs. It may not be too late if the Blue can eek out a couple wins against SASK plus RR would fit well into an offensive system that lacksa deep threat.

Thoughts? Opinions??

Sask is 0 - 8. B.C. is in turmoil and has the same record as us. Ottawa reminds me a LOT of us last year, great start but the real team is starting to emerge and IMO will not win more than two more games the rest of the way. Montreal is also in turmoil now that they have dumped Higgins and Popp has taken over, yet again. 

I wouldn't go so far to say we are 'out of the playoffs' and I really don't think a 'Ricky Ray' would help us at all. 

Lets just take a collective breath. Drew Willy is developing just fine. Look at what Collaros did after getting a concussion last year? Those six weeks off did him good and he's now the best QB in the league. Robert Marve is/will be fine as a temporary starter. If anything we should bring someone in to replace Brohm.

And btw - when injuries like this (to your starting QB) happen, it will make a decent team stronger and accelerate the growth of the team. a year from now we might be saying Willy's injury was the best thing to ever happen to the Bombers in recent years. 

I really don't like these 'doom and gloom' threads. If you gave up the ghost every time your starter got hurt - the bombers of two years ago under Burke and Mack will start to look like a good team.