If I were Wade miller I would...

Have gone for broke this season and instructed Walters to put the rebuild on hold for a season to focus on winning a Grey Cup by pulling a Taman and doing everything in his power to land a  veteran starting qb such as Ricky Ray and  trading for veterans or signing as many veteran free agents as possible. The fact they stayed the course and are now likely to finish under .500 and out of the playoffs again does not bode well for Grey Cup ticket sales or the psyche of this fan base that will hve every reason to lose it should they miss the post season again.

I like what Marve brings to the table but can't help and wonder how nice it would be to have Ricky Ray in the line up after labour day for the run to the playoffs. It may not be too late if the Blue can eek out a couple wins against SASK plus RR would fit well into an offensive system that lacksa deep threat.

Thoughts? Opinions??

.... concentrate on my duties as President of the football club and leave all the other decisions to my GM. I'd understand that Drew Willy was injured and regardless of a handful of fans calling for firings, i would totaly ignore them because the fact is, those handful of fans always call for firings the second things start to go wrong.. If i was Wade Miller

For the record I am not calling for any firings although I have seen mr. Miller and he could use  a salad or twenty in his diet.

I just wish, in hind sight, that instead of going with a rebuild they would have made some big moves and gone for the cup.

many teams have done it when hosting the cup.

I also agree TO would be crazy to give up RR and his injured shoulder is a concern but if he was available he would give the BB instant credibility and veteran leadership.

And again.... Ray is hurt and was hurt to start the year, if we would have got him, he'd be sitting on our IR right now just like he is in Toronto.

Bombers were pretty active in free agency, signed a bunch of guys, probably the most active team really, not sure what more they could have done.

Trading for an injured Ricky Ray when you have Drew Willy wasn't gonna ever happen, not in the real world or in fantasy land. 

They already have their long term starter in place and now have themselves a back-up with some potential so why on earth would they trade for Ray? Stay the course with Willy and Marve while continuing to try and build a strong o-line. Ray wouldn't last a month behind the crap that the Bombers have fielded over the last few years (couldn't even stay healthy behind a much better group in Toronto)..

For the record I am not calling for any firings although I have seen mr. Miller and he could use  a salad or twenty in his diet.

I just wish, in hind sight, that instead of going with a rebuild they would have made some big moves and gone for the cup.

many teams have done it when hosting the cup.

I also agree TO would be crazy to give up RR and his injured shoulder is a concern but if he was available he would give the BB instant credibility and veteran leadership.

Stanley Bryant. Jamaal Westerman. Garrett Waggoner. Marc Dile. Sam Hurl. Darvin Adams. Dominic Picard.

... even the ones we missed out on. Marcus Ball. SirVincent Rogers. Shawn Lemon.

... I don't know if you missed it, but they DID go for the Cup. They still are. The bounces haven't gone our way yet.

It's August though. Let's see what happens.

two games under. 500 and writing off season..

man i love this place.

i am not writing off the season nor am I am troll as someone suggested. However, I am concerned about where this team and this season is heading. The purpose of this post was more of a 'what if' scenario because the Grey Cup is in our back yard and I belieleve tha twhile they made big moves (picking up Stanley Bryant, Picard and re-upping Willy) that was done with a 'rebuild' in mind. How much different would this team had looked if they had gone into the offseason with a 'let's get a cup this season' and rebuild after. I know people on here like to be pragmatic and are very rational but on this bye-week with no game to talk about I thought why not pose this question. Thanks to those who have taken this post it in the good nature it was intended.

Several times over the last few months I've said Walters appears to be going for it.  He has been more aggressive this year than any Bomber GM I can remember in my lifetime.  Part of that is a sad reflection on the history of our leadership, but that's not Walters' doing.

I completely disagree with your premise, as far as I'm concerned most of the evidence points to the opposite conclusion of what you've come to.  Insert Mike's player list & comments here.

And in a profession where careers average under 4 years, labeling moves as "now" vs "future" is a futile exercise.  No one is signed to a 7 year deal.  We drafted Quinn Everett in 2014 for the future; his CFL career is probably already over.  Will Paris Cotton ever play another game for us?  That's a coin toss right now.

Walters is taking heat right now and deserves at least some of it. However, he made a lot of good moves but some of them have not panned out as all had hoped. The O-line in particular should be way better than it is and there are several players there who deserve to be singled out for criticism.

In horse breeding, even with known bloodlines there are no guarantees-you breed the best with the best and pray for the best.

Walters has done his job. The problems with the Bombers are Bellefeuille and to a lesser extent, O'Shea.

Its difficult to separate where Bellefeuille's culpability ends and O'Shea's begins. O'Shea chose Bellefeuille and decided to keep him at the end of the season, and ought to be on Bellefeuille's case about the anemic offence which has been too obvious for too long.