If I were Wade miller I would...

Reading some posts on here... and then people wonder why nobody wants to come coach here. Seriously. The impatience and the outright just ridiculousness shown in some of these posts is insane. 

You think eventually people would learn that being patient is actually the way to go instead of firing people every year or 2. Seriously, The Bombers have a good foundation and they aren't as terrible as well 1 person makes them out to be, they aren't the ticats but really.. the ticats were in this exact position a few short years ago... It doesn't happen over night really...

This is a problem here... too many fans are way too impatient to actually let something happen and without really knowing things, i mean really... MB this, MOS that.. you aren't in the huddle, you aren't on the darn field, you don't know what is supposed to happen and what isn't...

And for the Record, Didn't wade miller bring in Bellefeuille? 

Oh and just for the record again... i'd love to fire MB now but it isn't gonna happen. 

MOS deserves more time really, he's a young coach learning on the job, give him his starting QB back and a proper OC that maybe he wants to bring in instead of a guy basically forced on him, then see what happens.

Fire MOS and you know what happens? MB is the coach. 

two games under. 500 and writing off season..

man i love this place.

i am not writing off the season nor am I am troll as someone suggested. However, I am concerned about where this team and this season is heading. The purpose of this post was more of a 'what if' scenario because the Grey Cup is in our back yard and I belieleve tha twhile they made big moves (picking up Stanley Bryant, Picard and re-upping Willy) that was done with a 'rebuild' in mind. How much different would this team had looked if they had gone into the offseason with a 'let's get a cup this season' and rebuild after. I know people on here like to be pragmatic and are very rational but on this bye-week with no game to talk about I thought why not pose this question. Thanks to those who have taken this post it in the good nature it was intended.

Signing Picard for 200k and Bryant to a lesser extent are not rebuilding moves.  Picard would be lucky if he could make it through this season, he's done.  He's not going to be playing in a couple years for sure.  How is that a "rebuilding" move?  Just does not make sense.

Walters has done his job. The problems with the Bombers are Bellefeuille and to a lesser extent, O'Shea.

Walters is only at the beginning of doing his job, but he has started well. He does have to build on what he has begun. That should be continuing now, the rest of the season and the off year. It won't end until we get that Cup.

Bellefeuille is a separate matter altogether and presents a whole different challenge.

Walters has done his job. The problems with the Bombers are Bellefeuille and to a lesser extent, O'Shea.

Who's our boundary WR?  Non-factor against the Argos.  One injury and we're playing projects.  Westerman has 6 of 8 sacks by our entire defensive line.  Where's our import rush ends?  I'd give Walters about a C+.  We continue to have the same depth issues over and over.

Not sure how you can say MB is a separate issue? It is try Miller brought MB in. Who decided to keep him now is something someone needs to be accounted for. And then you have an HC who is trying to learn how to be an HC and he then brings in his rookie buddy to be ST coordinator. There are a lot of question marks associated with this organization.

You also have a starting QB on the mend. A new starter that is likely going to play a significant number of games and then headed to become a FA and a new number 3 that this site has exiled to the refuse dump. Is that further cause for concern?

Only if Marve makes it one.  So far not a concern.

Not sure how you can say MB is a separate issue? It is try Miller brought MB in. Who decided to keep him now is something someone needs to be accounted for. And then you have an HC who is trying to learn how to be an HC and he then brings in his rookie buddy to be ST coordinator. There are a lot of question marks associated with this organization.

Tracey has 30 years in CIS and an earlier stint with the Ticats.  What you're saying is about the same as saying that a guy like Rich Urbanovich couldn't coach in the CFL, even though he already has and has guest coached at 20 training camps.  Just because a guy is Canadian and has experience in Canada doesn't mean he's an idiot.

Well everyone here continues to point out there repeated concerns about ST so is it the horse or the jockey?

Which is a handful of boneheaded plays by players in almost half a season.  On the whole special teams have been average to good.  Take away a handful of bad kicks by Hajrullahu and Stoudermire being a dummy and they are good.  Should we get a punter or be patient with Hajrullahu?

Reading some posts on here... and then people wonder why nobody wants to come coach here. Seriously. The impatience and the outright just ridiculousness shown in some of these posts is insane. 

You think eventually people would learn that being patient is actually the way to go instead of firing people every year or 2. Seriously, The Bombers have a good foundation and they aren't as terrible as well 1 person makes them out to be, they aren't the ticats but really.. the ticats were in this exact position a few short years ago... It doesn't happen over night really...

This is a problem here... too many fans are way too impatient to actually let something happen and without really knowing things, i mean really... MB this, MOS that.. you aren't in the huddle, you aren't on the darn field, you don't know what is supposed to happen and what isn't...

And for the Record, Didn't wade miller bring in Bellefeuille? 

Oh and just for the record again... i'd love to fire MB now but it isn't gonna happen. 

MOS deserves more time really, he's a young coach learning on the job, give him his starting QB back and a proper OC that maybe he wants to bring in instead of a guy basically forced on him, then see what happens.

Fire MOS and you know what happens? MB is the coach. 

Following your train of thought, Huffer should never have signed with Calgary, Austin with Hamilton etc, etc

I donno, this year there seems to be a shift in the way fans are thinking. I haven't really heard any knowledgeable fans call for Oshea's head. I have heard and am usually leading the parade to get MB fired (but get that it likely won't happen until years end). I think most fans are FINALLY getting that you have to have some continuity to have long term success.

Saying that...it's not hard to understand things in terms of MB performance. These past two years read like every year of his career. Shitty offence lots of sacks. Some of the best football minds I know have been saying the bombers won't succeed with him on the staff, and MB has done a decent job of proving them correct.

Well everyone here continues to point out there repeated concerns about ST so is it the horse or the jockey?

Which is a handful of boneheaded plays by players in almost half a season.  On the whole special teams have been average to good.  Take away a handful of bad kicks by Hajrullahu and Stoudermire being a dummy and they are good.  Should we get a punter or be patient with Hajrullahu?

I think it would be a great idea to bring in a punter and let Lirim stick to FGs... only if he's Canadian though... no use in DI-ing a guy just to punt...

I think it would be a great idea to bring in a punter and let Lirim stick to FGs... only if he's Canadian though... no use in DI-ing a guy just to punt...

Sean Whyte is looking for work.

Sean Whyte is looking for work.

He's a terrible punter.  I'd be willing to use an import punter.

two games under. 500 and writing off season..

man i love this place.

i am not writing off the season nor am I am troll as someone suggested. However, I am concerned about where this team and this season is heading. The purpose of this post was more of a 'what if' scenario because the Grey Cup is in our back yard and I belieleve tha twhile they made big moves (picking up Stanley Bryant, Picard and re-upping Willy) that was done with a 'rebuild' in mind. How much different would this team had looked if they had gone into the offseason with a 'let's get a cup this season' and rebuild after. I know people on here like to be pragmatic and are very rational but on this bye-week with no game to talk about I thought why not pose this question. Thanks to those who have taken this post it in the good nature it was intended.

Signing Picard for 200k and Bryant to a lesser extent are not rebuilding moves.  Picard would be lucky if he could make it through this season, he's done.  He's not going to be playing in a couple years for sure.  How is that a "rebuilding" move?  Just does not make sense.

Picard is a perfect example of Walters going all in for the Grey Cup and all in on improving our o'line. I doubt he's here next year, I think he's done.

I donno, this year there seems to be a shift in the way fans are thinking. I haven't really heard any knowledgeable fans call for Oshea's head. I have heard and am usually leading the parade to get MB fired (but get that it likely won't happen until years end). I think most fans are FINALLY getting that you have to have some continuity to have long term success.

Saying that...it's not hard to understand things in terms of MB performance. These past two years read like every year of his career. Shitty offence lots of sacks. Some of the best football minds I know have been saying the bombers won't succeed with him on the staff, and MB has done a decent job of proving them correct.

Some of us just don't buy the 'things are different this time' schtick we are constantly fed by the team anymore.