Brick back Joey Elliott

Brandon

The Cavalry is not coming, so grit your teeth and hang on folks. Who we got is who we will have for the rest of the season, for better or ill. There is a very real likelihood that Willy is looking at next year before he throws another football in anger, so if Marve aint it, we are stuck with hoping that Dom Davis has brought something to the party.

If Brohm has been relegated to 3rd string, I'd cut him too. No point paying him good money to suck

We are 3-4 and our bye week is next week so wouldn't shock me I'd some moves were made then. Before seems unrealistic but during the bye week I'd be disappointed if we didn't cut some guys and bring others in.

Is Danny Mac staying in game shape? He's already under contract with the Bombers...

Was he ever in shape even when he played?
Good point. Get him a jersey in practice tomorrow!

True storey, my wife and I are catching plane from Regina to Toronto and we are on commercial flight with the Hamilton tiger cats team. Danny Mac is sitting one seat over across the isle from my wife. She absolutely wouldn't believe me that it was him. She finally went over to him half joking and said my husband says you are Danny Mac. He says yes I am, her jaw hit the floor.  Short, chubby bald guy looked a lot more like the teams accountant than the starting qb.

And again - my fellow bomber fans proving what a joke of a franchise we are. I said it before we signed Willy - I'll keep saying it. This team is going NO WHERE so long as we have to rely on other teams 'castoffs' to fill our QB position. We got lucky (finally, it had to happen sooner or later didn't it) with Willy being a capable QB - but until this franchise can find and develop their OWN QB's (no one since McManus) we are doomed to be a bottom feeder in a 9 team league. 

Enjoy the rest of the season boys - these are your Wpg Blue Blunders

And again - my fellow bomber fans proving what a joke of a franchise we are. I said it before we signed Willy - I'll keep saying it. This team is going NO WHERE so long as we have to rely on other teams 'castoffs' to fill our QB position. We got lucky (finally, it had to happen sooner or later didn't it) with Willy being a capable QB - but until this franchise can find and develop their OWN QB's (no one since McManus) we are doomed to be a bottom feeder in a 9 team league. 

Go back to sleep...we don't need you preaching!

This makes no sense.  What difference does it make where your QB's came from?  I care more about how they play.  McManus also did nothing as a Blue Bomber and had a hall of fame career as a "castoff" playing for other teams.  Kind of kills your whole idea, doesn't it?

This makes no sense.  What difference does it make where your QB's came from?  I care more about how they play.  McManus also did nothing as a Blue Bomber and had a hall of fame career as a "castoff" playing for other teams.  Kind of kills your whole idea, doesn't it?

This argument has been tried many times... some people just conveniently forget Calvillo was a "cast-off"... as was Damon Allen, several times... and Matt Dunnigan... and Marve looks like he has some serious potential... which team was he cast off from again?

The Cavalry is not coming, so grit your teeth and hang on folks. Who we got is who we will have for the rest of the season, for better or ill.

You don't think Walters brings in an NFL cut?

The odds are overwhelming that any QB we bring in will either not be able to adapt or will be unable to pick up the game quickly enough to be an asset this season.

Why not just see what Marve can do first, I'm sure they will bring in another QB but i doubt that guy sees the field... I guess, what i hope happens is they bring in another QB during the bye week, lets just say he's a newbie QB, a guy off the neg list, someone like that... They put him on the PR to let him learn the game, 6-8 weeks go by and Willy is healthy to play, Brohm gets cut and we go with Willy,Marve,Davis on the active roster and keep the youngster on the PR. Would like to see Brohm cut now, since he's being paid nicely and not doing anything but... that seems unlikely, hopefully before the vet cut down day tho. 

Agreed. Brohm has had enough chances to prove he is a keeper and has shown nothing. He is just taking up space and if we cannot find someone better, that would be a sad state of affairs. Canning Brohm and possibly Stoudemire would send a message to the rest of the team that they need to perform or else.

Stoudemire? I don't think he's really been a big problem, yeah he's had a couple mistakes but if you are cutting guys cuz they made a couple mistakes, might as well cut the whole damn team then. 

I don't get the stoudemire bashing, just last week he had a great return to set up the willy to darvin adams TD. 

It's still amazing to me that nobody remembers how good Brohm looked in the Calgary @ Winnipeg game last year (prior to getting hurt) and how in the offseason this board was RAVING about our QB depth.....

Agreed. But then Brohm played this year and sucked and then it all changed. But definitely bang on, not just the off-season but a few short weeks ago, b4 Brohm went out and played people loved our QB depth, even talked of trading one to SASK or Montreal even.  Just to touch on something there, (prior to getting hurt), was a thumb injury right? perhaps it hasn't fully healed and that's part of his problem this season. Cuz people can go on and on about Brohm but the one thing he did have last year was a strong arm, this year, not so much. Makes you wonder about that injury he had. 

The truth is that we really don't know why Brohm isn't as good as he ought to be just as we didn't know about Max Hall's personal issues until it all hit the fan. Maybe Brohm is salvageable and God knows that more teams than us saw something in him worth pursuing. One way or another, I have little doubt that his replacement on the roster has been the subject of more than one discussion in the Bomber sanctum santorum.

Stoudemire? I don't think he's really been a big problem, yeah he's had a couple mistakes but if you are cutting guys cuz they made a couple mistakes, might as well cut the whole damn team then. 

I don't get the stoudemire bashing, just last week he had a great return to set up the willy to darvin adams TD. 

He's played what, 4 games?  And cost his team 2 TD's on turnovers that were 100% on him, plus a single that should have never happened, then wasted 10 seconds and lost yards in one point game.  That's far too many huge negative plays from a returner.  If he's going to cost the team points, it doesn't really matter if he has a couple good plays.

Stoudamire has had mistakes and the mistakes have been at the worst possible times.  That is why people are complaining.

Stoudamire has had mistakes and the mistakes have been at the worst possible times.  That is why people are complaining.

And we need more than one good play every couple of games from our kick returner plus, his brain cramps have been disasterous. He is not a rookie and is almost single-handedely killing our field position.