Brick back Joey Elliott

Brandon

I agree with Goalie that people raved about our depth... But in fairness the fans have the right to change their opinions on him based off his performances.

Brain farts can be fixed... The inability to make a simple throw or quick read is not worth our time to fix.

I agree with Goalie that people raved about our depth... But in fairness the fans have the right to change their opinions on him based off his performances.

Brain farts can be fixed... The inability to make a simple throw or quick read is not worth our time to fix.

The trouble comes with how quickly those opinions change back and forth......

The trouble comes with how quickly those opinions change back and forth......

I'll get back to you on that..

And again - my fellow bomber fans proving what a joke of a franchise we are. I said it before we signed Willy - I'll keep saying it. This team is going NO WHERE so long as we have to rely on other teams 'castoffs' to fill our QB position. We got lucky (finally, it had to happen sooner or later didn't it) with Willy being a capable QB - but until this franchise can find and develop their OWN QB's (no one since McManus) we are doomed to be a bottom feeder in a 9 team league. 

Enjoy the rest of the season boys - these are your Wpg Blue Blunders

Hamilton hasn't developed a Qb in 30 years.  All they did was sign Collaros  from Toronto.  They are one of the Grey Cup favorites.

Bombers won a Grey Cup with Saskatchewan's castoff Tom Burgess in 1990.  It can be done, but the team will need to improve its Canadian content and do a significantly better job of recruiting from the US.  It remains to be seen if Walter is up to the task.

It's still amazing to me that nobody remembers how good Brohm looked in the Calgary @ Winnipeg game last year (prior to getting hurt) and how in the offseason this board was RAVING about our QB depth.....

This is correct. I was one of those thought he looked  good. 

And again - my fellow bomber fans proving what a joke of a franchise we are. I said it before we signed Willy - I'll keep saying it. This team is going NO WHERE so long as we have to rely on other teams 'castoffs' to fill our QB position. We got lucky (finally, it had to happen sooner or later didn't it) with Willy being a capable QB - but until this franchise can find and develop their OWN QB's (no one since McManus) we are doomed to be a bottom feeder in a 9 team league. 

This makes no sense.  What difference does it make where your QB's came from?  I care more about how they play.  McManus also did nothing as a Blue Bomber and had a hall of fame career as a "castoff" playing for other teams.  Kind of kills your whole idea, doesn't it?

Look at AC in Hamilton.

This makes no sense.  What difference does it make where your QB's came from?  I care more about how they play.  McManus also did nothing as a Blue Bomber and had a hall of fame career as a "castoff" playing for other teams.  Kind of kills your whole idea, doesn't it?

Look at AC in Hamilton.

Of the QBs considered the number 1's on their team, a whopping 33% are on the team that originally brought them into the CFL.

Sorry Toronto - you'll have to default that Grey Cup win you had at home with Ricky Ray at QB.  Far too much shame attached to that win.  Using Edmonton's "castoff" like he counts as a real QB.

It's a lot easier to pull off being incredibly douchey if you're not also incredibly wrong.  Just saying.

Why do you want to "brick" Joey Elliot? And how is that even done? Throwing bricks? Bricking him up in a wall?

I just figured he was trying to give Elliott a cool **** Tracy type nickname.

BrickBack Elliott.  Spear him in the spinal column all you want, he'll never feel it.

Oh for the love of Pete.  Richard Tracy?  Rick Tracy?

I don't even hate the idea of an autocensor feature, but when you can't talk about **** Thornton on a Bomber site, there might be some adjustments needed.

Frame this post and call it 'bandwagon jumper'. 

I have noticed fair amount of crustiness with this clown.

Its part of his schtick. Just like nate and his crackpot theories... Krunch gets to insult, slight and demean the bombers with pretty much every post and zero credibility..

Another one ive learned to ignore. Wont put on ignore tho because some of his posts are so over the top and inflammatory that they are good for a laugh..

Nope not at all. And gee, Marve didn't do that bad afterall did he? Maybe the sky isn't falling? We didn't lose because of Marve - we lost because we still aren't a 'good' team yet. 

Its part of his schtick. Just like nate and his crackpot theories... Krunch gets to insult, slight and demean the bombers with pretty much every post and zero credibility..

Another one ive learned to ignore. Wont put on ignore tho because some of his posts are so over the top and inflammatory that they are good for a laugh..

No Spuds - YOU. I'm insulting the bomber 'fans' on this site, not the bombers. Read my post again. What's in my first line - 'MY FELLOW BOMBER FANS'. I wrote what most of you are thinking "oh, we lost Drew Willy we're DOOMED". We lose that TO game even if Willy is our QB. WE are what we are - a struggling team. Better than being the joke we were two years ago. Sorry, just couldn't help myself when I was reading all the "Bring back Goltz and Elliot" comments, and 'bring in Printers'. Now you feel about my comments EXACTLY the way I feel about comments like that. Bring those guys in - welcome to the Blue Blunders. DEVELOP your own I say, and Marve is one of our own. Guess it goes over people's heads here lol

No Spuds - YOU. I'm insulting the bomber 'fans' on this site, not the bombers. Read my post again. What's in my first line - 'MY FELLOW BOMBER FANS'. I wrote what most of you are thinking "oh, we lost Drew Willy we're DOOMED". We lose that TO game even if Willy is our QB. WE are what we are - a struggling team. Better than being the joke we were two years ago. Sorry, just couldn't help myself when I was reading all the "Bring back Goltz and Elliot" comments, and 'bring in Printers'. Now you feel about my comments EXACTLY the way I feel about comments like that. Bring those guys in - welcome to the Blue Blunders. DEVELOP your own I say, and Marve is one of our own. Guess it goes over people's heads here lol

And again - my fellow bomber fans proving what a joke of a franchise we are. I said it before we signed Willy - I'll keep saying it. This team is going NO WHERE so long as we have to rely on other teams 'castoffs' to fill our QB position. We got lucky (finally, it had to happen sooner or later didn't it) with Willy being a capable QB - but until this franchise can find and develop their OWN QB's (no one since McManus) we are doomed to be a bottom feeder in a 9 team league

:huh:  :wacko:

Hamilton hasn't developed a Qb in 30 years.  All they did was sign Collaros  from Toronto.  They are one of the Grey Cup favorites.

Bombers won a Grey Cup with Saskatchewan's castoff Tom Burgess in 1990.  It can be done, but the team will need to improve its Canadian content and do a significantly better job of recruiting from the US.  It remains to be seen if Walter is up to the task.

Not many teams develop their own qbs. Especially with free agency nowadays. So, I don't get the angst.

Edited by iso_55

Toronto,Sask and BC have basically developed QB's for the rest of the league and their own really

(Harris,Collaros) (Lulay,Reilly) (Durant,Willy,Hank) 

7 of 9 starting QB's at the start of the year were developed by 3 teams really

Bo Levi got his start with Calgary. Lulay with BC.. Durant with SASK. Harris with Toronto so 4 of 9 teams have developed their own starting QB

the Rest (Reilly,Willy,Collaros,Hank, Montreals QB (not including CATO who is crashing and  burning recently) were all developed by other teams. 

Crazy. Don't matter to me where they came from but.. it does seem that only 3 maybe 4 if you count Calgary, are developing QB's for themselves and the rest of the league. That's fine with me. 

Toronto tho has become a huge QB factory recently... however when you think about it... Milo,Brady i believe (he's the OC no??), Ray... pretty good group to learn from.

Toronto,Sask and BC have basically developed QB's for the rest of the league and their own really

(Harris,Collaros) (Lulay,Reilly) (Durant,Willy,Hank) 

7 of 9 starting QB's at the start of the year were developed by 3 teams really

Bo Levi got his start with Calgary. Lulay with BC.. Durant with SASK. Harris with Toronto so 4 of 9 teams have developed their own starting QB

the Rest (Reilly,Willy,Collaros,Hank, Montreals QB (not including CATO who is crashing and  burning recently) were all developed by other teams. 

Burris started with Calgary.  He was a "castoff" signed to a mega free agent deal by the Riders in 2000.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought He started with the Riders? Well, regardless... like i said, 3 of 4 teams if you include calgary. 

You're 100%  right - Henry Burris was brought into the league by the Sk Riders. He then went to either the Bears or the Packers in the NFL (can't recall which). When he busted down there, he signed with Calgary (might have been traded there again can't recall but that's how it worked).

BTW - since McManus - you guys all but forgot about Allen and Ham. James Franklin now. We won with Burgess (from Ottawa) and Salisbury (From the NFL but really our D and overall team /coaching won that Grey Cup). And given our 'success' at developing our own QB's, I'm sure the same will continue. We'll be doormats year in and year out for the most part, occassionally catching lightning in a bottle and going to and possibly winning a Grey Cup once every 12 to 17 years or so. In between we'll have a couple of + .500 seasons, a couple of seasons around .500, and the rest made of being the joke of the league. 

Seems like a few here are more than comfortable with that arrangement.

Well, and again I've mentioned this a few times - don't worry sports fans. Happy times will be here soon. Training camp opens in a few weeks - and the rookies the Jets have that can add to the playoff team they had last year, and the Oilers with McDavid and their changes (for me) - come Oct 1 I doubt any one of us will care who the starting QB is Wpg. If this continues I won't even be watching the games. I may glance at the score, but I won't really care. 

Thought He started with the Riders? Well, regardless... like i said, 3 of 4 teams if you include calgary. 

You're 100%  right - Henry Burris was brought into the league by the Sk Riders.

No he wasn't.  

Burris was behind Garcia and Dickenson in Calgary in the late 90s, he got a couple starts filling in for injured Dickenson with the Stamps.  Signed with the Riders for 2000  Went to the NFL after that season, his CFL option year, came back in 03 with the Riders.  Was their starter in 04, how can you forget the Western Final that got McCallum's lawn fertilized?  Spurned the Riders for Calgary as a free agent in 05.