Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

I don't believe that Demski has a significant interest in playing in here actually.

Why do you say that? Before he was drafted, he said it was his lifelong dream to play for the Bombers.

You think the Riders 0-6 start to the season has made him fall in love with Regina?

Yeah there's so much else that makes you fall in love with that town...

Toothless girls are good at some things. :D

Gross.

Not if you close your eyes tightly.

I don't believe that Demski has a significant interest in playing in here actually.

Why do you say that? Before he was drafted, he said it was his lifelong dream to play for the Bombers.

You think the Riders 0-6 start to the season has made him fall in love with Regina?

Gross.

I'm getting the impression you've experienced this many times

Gross.

Kind of like walking a tight-rope.  Don't look down.

Gross.

I'm getting the impression you've experienced this many times

Well yes, I did spend a couple of summers in Sask. where being picky just isn't an option.

I've heard he was looking forward to playing and living elsewhere after spending his whole life here, at least for the first few years of his career anyways.
Where did you hear this?

Not from a reliable source.

Demski has said that he would love to start and end his career in Winnipeg

Plus our cheerleaders do not look like they came from the Humane Society.

You guys definitely have us beat hands down when it comes to the cheerleaders. A tip of the hat to the Bombers for assembling a fine group again this year
Toronto ain't bad either...

Singing isn't their thing, but other than that, they're quite talented ;)

I've heard he was looking forward to playing and living elsewhere after spending his whole life here, at least for the first few years of his career anyways.
Where did you hear this?

Not from Nic personally, but from multiple Bisons(many of which he's good friends with). I'll take that truth over whatever he's said in the media.

You guys definitely have us beat hands down when it comes to the cheerleaders. A tip of the hat to the Bombers for assembling a fine group again this year

Toronto ain't bad either...

Is it wrong that the Argos are now my second favourite team?

Where did you hear this?

Not from Nic personally, but from multiple Bisons(many of which he's good friends with). I'll take that truth over whatever he's said in the media.

This makes sense... I love Winnipeg and I'll probably live here for life... but if I had to opportunity to live and work in Vancouver or Toronto for 3-5 years that would probably be a cool experience... 

Lions put Khari Jones on the IR:

The medical report compiled daily by Bill Reichelt contained one more name than might otherwise be expected Tuesday, and no, there’s no place on the list for injured coaches.

Khari Jones is on there anyway. The receivers coach, in case you missed it in the print edition of this esteemed journal, went down after practice and was taken to hospital with a ruptured Achilles tendon.

Jones often likes to skip rope during his day but he won’t be doing that for a few weeks after what happened Tuesday. Jones was back at work a few hours after the accident laughing as normal though feeling slightly embarrassed too.

He’ll be at Thursday’s game against Edmonton but will be sporting a pair of crutches, which come to think about it, might be fairly representative of the passing attack the last couple of weeks.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/08/05/lions-coach-added-to-injury-list/

Didn't want to start another thread on this so I will just put the weekend ratings here.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-game/the-great-canadian-ratings-report--blue-jays-trades-paying-off-already-on-television-202806158.html#more-id

1. MLB, Twins at Blue Jays, Monday, Sportsnet: 1,390,000

2. MLB, Royals at Blue Jays, Friday, Sportsnet: 1,080,000

3. MLB, Royals at Blue Jays, Sunday, Sportsnet: 997,000

4. MLB, Royals at Blue Jays, Saturday, Sportsnet: 981,000

5. CFL, Roughriders at Eskimos, Friday, TSN: 600,000

6. CFL, Argonauts at Tiger-Cats, Monday, TSN: 558,000

7. CFL, Alouettes at Stampeders, Saturday, TSN: 538,000

8. Auto racing, NASCAR Windows 400, Sunday, TSN: 329,000

9. MMA, UFC 190 preliminaries, Saturday, TSN: 194,000

10. MLB, Angels at Dodgers, Saturday, Sportsnet: 170,000

11. Hockey, World Jr. Summer Showdown, Canada vs. Russia, Monday, TSN: 163,000

12. MLB, Nationals at Mets, Sunday, TSN: 155,000

13. PGA, Quicken Loans National third round, Saturday, TSN: 146,000 (CBS viewers not measured)

13. Rugby, Pacific Nations Cup, Canada vs. U.S., Monday, TSN: 146,000

15. MLB, Angels at Dodgers, Friday, Sportsnet: 141,000

16. MLS, Whitecaps at Seattle, Saturday, TSN: 129,000

17. PGA Quicken Loans National final round, Sunday, TSN: 87,000 (CBS viewers not measured)

18. MLS, Toronto FC at New England, Saturday, Sportsnet 360: 74,000

I'm thinking that CFL ratings are down compared to summer games in the 2013 and 2014 seasons.  Blue Jays are killing it right now coming off the Tulowitzki and Price trades.  The top 4 ratings for this past weekend are Jays games.

Why do you say that?  Before he was drafted, he said it was his lifelong dream to play for the Bombers. 

Living in Regina for six months will seem like a decade almost anywhere else, so I can sort of understand your thinking.

@KBowenColts: Former CFL product Ben Heenan being carted off. The offensive guard was signed back in February

Injury bug is spreading from the Riders current roster to even former players now dropping like flies. Seriously though its crappy to see. I'm not saying this because he is a Sask kid but its nice when our young Canadian products return healthy from NFL try outs to be able to resume career's here later on.

Riders are good too. I don't think there's a single bad squad in the league, TBH.

The TiCat gals will always have a spot in my heart, after the 2006 GC in Winnipeg. All the other teams cheerleaders, during the game, were all bundled up in parkas because it was so cold, but when it was the TiCat girls turn, they doffed the parkas and had their usual "uniform" on, and there was (appropriately) a huge pop from the crowd for them. That's my kinda women...

The TiCat gals will always have a spot in my heart, after the 2006 GC in Winnipeg. All the other teams cheerleaders, during the game, were all bundled up in parkas because it was so cold, but when it was the TiCat girls turn, they doffed the parkas and had their usual "uniform" on, and there was (appropriately) a huge pop from the crowd for them. That's my kinda women...

Warriors. God bless them one and all.