Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

Willis continues to be a defensive liability and a distraction. He is also good for at least a couple off sides a game.  

I think he should stance at least 1 foot behind the LOS.

Bring him back to the Bombers and suddenly our pass rush will be a lot better.

Willis continues to be a defensive liability and a distraction. He is also good for at least a couple off sides a game.  

I think he should stance at least 1 foot behind the LOS.

Bring him back to the Bombers and suddenly our pass rush will be a lot better.

Food for thought, Willis didn't look that good in Hall's defense here is Sask. Neither has Hall. His defense doesn't cater well to pure pass rushers

Dave Campbell @Dave_CHED

SB Cory Watson being attended to on the sidelines by a trainer. Looks like he injured his left leg, maybe hamstring. #Eskimos #CFL

I think I've seen this before, can't remember where and when ? :P

Dan West lets out a "moo-haaa haa" laugh and then fades back into the shadows of Commonwealth...

The Canadian Football League announced today:

Calgary Stampeder Eric Rogers was fined for a low hit on the final play of the game against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Saskatchewan Roughrider Spencer Moore was fined for leading with the crown of his helmet on a block attempt.

As per league policy, the amount of the player fines was not disclosed.

Anybody got any information on Carlton Littlejohn former LB with the North Dakota State Bisons?

Apparently, according to a Twitter post:

Carlton Littlejohn retweeted

Congrats to @LJ38Bison on signing with the Winnipeg Bluebombers of the CFL! #ProBison #Roomates

and an article in the Inforum: Posted on Jul 28, 2015 at 9:27 p.m.

Former North Dakota State linebacker Carlton Littlejohn has signed a contract with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League, he told WDAY’s Dom Izzo on Tuesday.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3806598-former-bison-linebacker-littlejohn-signs-cfl-deal

Anybody got any information on Carlton Littlejohn former LB with the North Dakota State Bisons?

Apparently, according to a Twitter post:

Carlton Littlejohn retweeted

Congrats to @LJ38Bison on signing with the Winnipeg Bluebombers of the CFL! #ProBison #Roomates

and an article in the Inforum: Posted on Jul 28, 2015 at 9:27 p.m.

Former North Dakota State linebacker Carlton Littlejohn has signed a contract with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League, he told WDAY’s Dom Izzo on Tuesday.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3806598-former-bison-linebacker-littlejohn-signs-cfl-deal

player_CarltonLittlejohn2013NDSUFBMugCro

#38 Carlton Littlejohn

Position: Linebacker

Height: 6-1

Weight: 216

Class: Junior

Hometown: Minneapolis, Minn.

High School: North HS

* 2014 All-MVFC First Team

* 2014 College Sporting News National All-Star

* 2013 MVFC Defensive Player of the Week

* 2013, 2014 MVFC Honor Roll

Played in 59 of 61 possible games and made 43 starts as part of four straight Missouri Valley Football Conference and NCAA Division I FCS national championship teams...Finished fourth in NDSU career history with 345 total tackles and third with 155 solo tackles...His eight forced fumbles and seven fumble recoveries were both two shy of the school career records.

2014 SEASON (SENIOR): All-Missouri Valley Football Conference first team...Made 12 starts at middle linebacker and four at outside linebacker in place of injured starter Travis Beck...Led the Bison with 117 total tackles...His 58 solo stops were second in school history behind teammate Colten Heagle's 59...Had 3.0 sacks and 7.0 tackles for loss...Constantly around the football with four pass breakups, one interception and five QB hurries...Forced two fumbles and led the MVFC with four fumble recoveries...Season-high 12 tackles twice against Weber State and Sam Houston State...Snuffed out opponents’ only two fake field goal attempts with a tackle on the 2-yard-line at Weber State and an interception on the 1-yard-line at Northern Iowa...College Sporting News National All-Star after the Weber State game, where he scored the go-ahead touchdown on a five-yard fumble return...Named to the MVFC Honor Roll.

2013 SEASON (JUNIOR): Started 11 of 13 games played, missing the Missouri State and Southern Illinois games...Moved from the outside to starting middle linebacker for the final six games in place of injured All-American Grant Olson…Led the NDSU defense with 89 tackles including 40 solo stops and 7.0 tackles for loss…Recorded 3.0 sacks, one interception, seven breakups, two QB hurries and two forced fumbles…Ranked 12th in the Missouri Valley Football Conference with 6.8 tackles per game…MVFC Defensive Player of the Week (11/9) for making 10 of his career-high 16 tackles in the second half after moving to middle linebacker against Illinois State…Had 10-tackle games against South Dakota and New Hampshire and added three pass breakups against UNH...Named to the MVFC Honor Roll.

2012 SEASON (SOPHOMORE): Started all 15 games at outside linebacker...Finished the season with 86 tackles including 37 solos, 10 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks...Added four forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and a pair of interceptions...Blocked fourth quarter field goal to secure 23-20 win over Georgia Southern (12-14-12) in the NCAA semifinals...Added career best two tackles for loss vs. the Eagles...Turned in career-high 11 tackles including seven solos vs. Sam Houston State (1-5-13) in NCAA championship game that included his second interception of the season...One of two double-figure tackle games...Had 11 tackles in important road win at Missouri State (11-3-12) that included a sack and forced fumble...Credited with a pair of fumble recoveries in season opener at Robert Morris (9-1-12).

2011 SEASON (FRESHMAN): Played in all 15 games including a start at outside linebacker vs. Missouri State…Mainstay on the special teams unit...Finished with 53 tackles including 20 solos and 3.5 tackles for loss...Added three QB hurries and a pair of pass breakups...Returned an interception 37 yards for TD vs. Saint Francis (9-10-11)...Recorded a season-high eight tackles in back-to-back games at Western Illinois (11-19-11) and vs. Youngstown State (11-12-11)...Had season best six solo stops at Western Illinois and six assisted tackles vs. Youngstown State.

2010 SEASON (REDSHIRT): Sat out as a redshirt in the Bison program.

HIGH SCHOOL: 2010 graduate of North Community High School in Minneapolis...Associated Press all-state quarterback and safety under head coach Tony Patterson...Helped North win Class 3A, Section 5 and advance to state semifinals...Rushed for 1,448 yards and 18 TDs, and passed for 2,923 yards and 39 TDs during career...On defensive side, had 172 tackles and 10 interceptions...Minneapolis Conference Player of the Year...Minnesota Vikings all-state, KARE 11 all-metro, all-section and all-conference pick...KARE 11 Player of the Week...Four-year starter...Region wrestling champion and two-time state qualifier...Compiled 59-35 record on the mat...Two-time wrestling all-conference...Four-year starter, three-time all-conference pitcher for baseball team.

PERSONAL: Majoring in journalism with a minor in wellness…Born Aug. 6, 1992...Son of Carl and Sonya Smith-Littlejohn...Has two brothers, Edmond Smith and Markus Smith-Littlejohn, and one sister, Cardell Littlejohn.

Can play the middle and outside... hmmm.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today that they have signed national fullback Carl Fitzgerald. As per club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.  

Fitzgerald (6’5 – 250) was originally selected by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the third round (20th overall) of the 2013 CFL Draft. 

In 30 regular season games over his first two seasons, the Peterborough, ON native three receptions for 66 yards and five special teams tackles

@DarrinBauming: I'm told the #Bombers have not signed @LJ38Bison to a contract, but they have shown interest.

I am hearing that Tom Brady is in this same category with the Bombers right now too.

@DarrinBauming: I'm told the #Bombers have not signed @LJ38Bison to a contract, but they have shown interest.

I am hearing that Tom Brady is in this same category with the Bombers right now too.

I prefer Russell Wilson due to his mobility.

I prefer Russell Wilson due to his mobility.

Tom's balls are prettier and less inflated.  He also seems to be taking the month of September off for some reason.