Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

Get over yourself Banks. Is not gonna happen. You aren't that good.

it's not even a matter of being that good... if teams kicked to him 3 or 4 times a game I believe he might have a shot at getting at least 10... but as Mtl showed last night, teams have already stopped kicking to him...

Not sure how old you are. Gizmo was the most explosive kick returner I've ever seen, bar none. Kicking away from him was just basic smart football. He turned a lot of games around for the Esks. IMHO Banks doesn't compare at all. 

Haha, are you suggesting I said Banks is better than Gizmo?? that's quite the stretch considering neither of us even mentioned Gizmo... I'll I'm saying is talent isn't even a factor b/c teams will not kick to him (which is literally what I said the first time)... same logic applied to Gizmo...

Get over yourself Banks. Is not gonna happen. You aren't that good.

it's not even a matter of being that good... if teams kicked to him 3 or 4 times a game I believe he might have a shot at getting at least 10... but as Mtl showed last night, teams have already stopped kicking to him...

Not sure how old you are. Gizmo was the most explosive kick returner I've ever seen, bar none. Kicking away from him was just basic smart football. He turned a lot of games around for the Esks. IMHO Banks doesn't compare at all. 

Haha, are you suggesting I said Banks is better than Gizmo?? that's quite the stretch considering neither of us even mentioned Gizmo... I'll I'm saying is talent isn't even a factor b/c teams will not kick to him (which is literally what I said the first time)... same logic applied to Gizmo...

I wasn't saying that at all. What I was getting at was I was wondering if were old enough to see Gizmo play? My point was he was a whole lot better and he never did it either for the same reason you had mentioned, no one kicked to him unless they had to.  I was trying to agree with you.

Why do I have this feeling that Shomari Williams will end up as a bomber...

Ritchie Hall's guy, I could see it to be honest. Although just to add to my suffering this year I'm sure Taman will sign him just to turn the knife in rider fans back before we fire his azz.

Ritchie Hall's guy, I could see it to be honest. Although just to add to my suffering this year I'm sure Taman will sign him just to turn the knife in rider fans back before we fire his azz.

Given that he played his best years of his career under Ritchie Hall D (2011-2012) he probably would like to give it another run. But I still think he ends up with the Riders. Taman will sign him for 6-figure salary for sure. :P

Riders sign Alex Suber

#Roughriders sign veteran defensive back Alex Suber: http://ow.ly/PRf3H @JDunk12 #CFL

What's the thoughts on Suber with the Bomber fans? Curious what you guys think. From the outside he would appear to be a guy who can inject some energy/ fire into our sad defence. I know he is short. What else?

Given that he played his best years of his career under Ritchie Hall D (2011-2012) he probably would like to give it another run. But I still think he ends up with the Riders. Taman will sign him for 6-figure salary for sure. :P

plus a signing bonus.

Riders sign Alex Suber

#Roughriders sign veteran defensive back Alex Suber: http://ow.ly/PRf3H @JDunk12 #CFL

What's the thoughts on Suber with the Bomber fans? Curious what you guys think. From the outside he would appear to be a guy who can inject some energy/ fire into our sad defence. I know he is short. What else?

He need a bigger mouthpiece. :lol:

Its going to be interesting to see whether the Walters/O'Shea approach of not making any real changes to the roster to spur a team which underperformed or the Taman/Chamblin tactic of bringing anyone who might help is best. The Rider approach might be interpreted as panic and the Bomber reaction as resignation.