Final Cutdown Day

M.O.A.B.

I'm sure a lot of these 'cuts' will be travelling throughout Canada for looksies'. I'm hoping Goltz comes back .... ;) j/k

I'm actually surprised Goltz was even invited to the Eskies camp. This is what really pisses me off about the CFL. We bring in total losers like Goltz, give them chances time after time after time, but a Canadian QB? Nope - not a chance, not a sniff. Canadian Qb's are treated in the CFL exactly like African American QB's were treated in the NFL in the early 70's. It's disgusting. I think it should be mandatory for every team to carry one Canadian QB. Even if it's a 'fourth' one (injuries happen). Or, as I've said previously, get rid of the 'National' Rule altogether. Or a hybrid - you have a Canadian QB  on your roster, you get two extra International spots for your team, one starter and one DI. 

@AJonSports: REDBLACKS GM Marcel Desjardins says they could be adding a Canadian receiver this week. Hearing it could be Sask cut Alex Pierzchalski. #CFL

Hmmmm...I thought he went on the Riders PR.  If not I'd like to see the Bombers bring him in but not sure there's a spot for him right now.  We do seem to have enough National receivers. 

@AJonSports: REDBLACKS GM Marcel Desjardins says they could be adding a Canadian receiver this week. Hearing it could be Sask cut Alex Pierzchalski. #CFL

Hmmmm...I thought he went on the Riders PR.  If not I'd like to see the Bombers bring him in but not sure there's a spot for him right now.  We do seem to have enough National receivers. 

He was expected to go on the Riders PR according to local media, but Riders do this process a little weird.  Most teams announce cuts, IR and PR at the same time.  Riders announce all cuts, and then sign guys to the PR over the next few days (teams must cut a player before placing them on the PR).  That gives guys like Perizchalski a bit of a window where they aren't committed to a team. 

Not a chance the Riders are letting that guy get away.  Even if they handle their PR a little differently the message is the same, "hands off".

Not a chance the Riders are letting that guy get away.  Even if they handle their PR a little differently the message is the same, "hands off".

If that were true they wouldn't have cut him.

Rider fans are pissed off at Taman for this move.

I think that the Rider faithful will have many more opportunities to get ticked at Taman this year unless they go something like 14-4 and into the western final. Rider fans seem to think that once they win the Grey Cup, they ought to do it at least every second year.

I think that the Rider faithful will have many more opportunities to get ticked at Taman this year unless they go something like 14-4 and into the western final. Rider fans seem to think that once they win the Grey Cup, they ought to do it at least every second year.

We havent won a cup in forever and I expect the same with the bombers  :angry:

Im beyond the point of "just do good, be competitive, patience" really i just want them to outright win. This isnt about who is running the team, how long they've been running the team,  I'm happy with the direction we were headed, but as a fan, I just want them to win already

We havent won a cup in forever and I expect the same with the bombers  :angry:

Personally, I dream of a day where we win multiple GC's in a row, you know, like we use to...

Esk. cuts, Goltz is gone again.

The Edmonton Eskimos released a veteran offensive lineman in Brian Ramsay and added another one, Simeon Rottier, to the six-game injued list.

Rleased: WR Denarius Appling, QB Justin Goltz, WR Paris Jackson, LB Nathan Kanya, LB Dawud Lane, DB Jestin Love, P/K Zackary Medeiros, WR Bryant Mitchell, OL Brian Ramsay DB Kacy Rodgers, DB Marte Sears

Practice Roster: WR/KR Anthony Barrett, RB Shakir Bell, OL Thaddaeus Coleman, QB James Franklin, CB Raye Hartmann, WR Andrew Johnson, DT Cedric McKinley, DB John Ojo,LB Keith Reynolds, WR Derel Walker

One-Game Injured List: DT Gregory Alexandre, WR Wallace Miles, OL Greg Wojt

Six-Game Injured List: WR Shamawd Chambers, RB Aaron Milton, OL Simeon Rottier, RB John White

This strikes me as a risky move. Montreal or BC might grab him. Heck, I'd choose Franklin over Portis.

Franklin is the most impressive young quarterback I've seen this pre-season, albeit in limited action. Sure wish the Bombers could somehow get their hands on him!

@sportscage: Taman says Pierzchalski's and Woldu's Rider days r done. Still settling on PR. No one's agreed to a PR agreement yet.

@scruffyregina: Many reports coming about @Pierzchalski18 signing with REDBLACKS. #CFL

Darrell Romuld (CTV) @CTVDarrell

Riders GM Brendan Taman says Alex Pierzchalski was offered a Practice Roster spot but declined; wishes him luck.