Final Cutdown Day

M.O.A.B.

Anyone watch Westerman last night?  I don't remember hearing his name and he didn't get any tackles.  Other than that, how'd he do.

Same question for Waggenor.  Looks like he got a tackle, but I didn't hear his name mentioned.

I watched Westerman pretty close.  He was close  couple times and I thought he got held at least once.  But Collaros was really dealing and the ball was gone pretty quick.  

Brohm should get cut IMHO, but I am fearful that they will cut Marve.

#

Well, that would be real stupid, on their part....Marve has been the only guy who even appears to be able to accomplish anything, when Willy goes out.......

Yeah but they seem to like Brohm for some reason (did jack in this last game) and left all the backups in for Marve who still showed more in 6 min than all the other qbs combined but that doesn't seem to matter he may still be gone.We will see.

I said it last year, and I'll say it again now - I think Marve is our next QB. I know we are committed to Willy, and Willy most likely will be. This is just me, and what I see. Willy doesn't seem to have that 'internal clock' to tell him when to throw. I still remember last year after the first 6 games how he really started struggling but they left him in until he physically couldn't compete. In comes Brohm, then Marve, and though they didn't blow the doors off - same personal, same schemes, they did ok - much better than a battered and shell shocked Willy.

I'm going for him but its' tough. Looks like Lulay is back, no way no how can Wpg compete with the Eskimos or the Stamps, and the Riders should be at least as good as the bombers (most likely a lot better). Could be another long season here but we'll see - this is the CFL and the worst team in the league prior to Labour Day could be in the Grey Cup at season's end. That's what I like best about the CFL - half or more of the roster will be switched out by season's end

Anyone watch Westerman last night? I don't remember hearing his name and he didn't get any tackles. Other than that, how'd he do.

Same question for Waggenor. Looks like he got a tackle, but I didn't hear his name mentioned.

I watched Westerman pretty close. He was close couple times and I thought he got held at least once. But Collaros was really dealing and the ball was gone pretty quick.

I said it last year, and I'll say it again now - I think Marve is our next QB. I know we are committed to Willy, and Willy most likely will be. This is just me, and what I see. Willy doesn't seem to have that 'internal clock' to tell him when to throw. I still remember last year after the first 6 games how he really started struggling but they left him in until he physically couldn't compete. In comes Brohm, then Marve, and though they didn't blow the doors off - same personal, same schemes, they did ok - much better than a battered and shell shocked Willy.

I think this season the Bombers will maintain the status quo at QB, Willy, Brohm, Marve because that's what Marcel and Mike decided in the off-season. The Bombers had an opportunity to divest themselves of Brohm in the off-season and yet they actively pursued him.  If Portis doesn't accept another year on the PR he will be gone and maybe Yantz can fill that position while they search for the "next up". 

If Willy is the designated starter for the next 4-6 years many QB's will come and go during that time, including the 3 current wannabees.  Getting excited about the future prospects of the underlings as more than temp. fill ins is rather pointless as long as the Bombers are heavily invested in Willy,  both Marcel's and O'Shea's careers are riding on his back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brohm, and Veltung gone.

Well to your dismay "Canuck" Veltung is in and Gordon (the lightning fast WR is a  practice squadder!  Please tell me why Veltung received no and I mean no love from you guys.  I told you he ran a 4.46 and gordon a 4.68... Geez I don't know but I think... well what does it matter - Justin Veltung is a starter and majority of you Canadians gave him no chance.  May a crazed holy man set fire to your nose hairs!

MorningBigBlue   @MorningBigBlue 

More cuts coming out: R Ja-mes Logan, DB Dominique Franks ... Worth noting: it doesn't look like Jordan Yantz got cut (yet)

MorningBigBlue   @MorningBigBlue 

Notable cuts: DB Shaq Richardson, QB Josh Portis, DL Ivan Brown, P Anthony Santella

Rider cuts announced.

RELEASED:

National wide receiver Melvin Abankwah

National defensive back Kwame Adjei

National wide receiver Alex Carroll

National defensive back Michael Carter

International linebacker Jake Doughty

International defensive back Jeremy Gray

International wide receiver Greg Hardin

International offensive lineman Jermarcus Hardrick

National offensive lineman Gord Hinse

International defensive back Tyree Hollins

National fullback Ronlee King-Fileen

National defensive lineman Tyler Langlais

International defensive back Junior Mertile

National offensive lineman Brad Nehring

International defensive back Marrio Norman

National kicker Hugh O’Neill

International running back Sam Ojuri

National offensive lineman Kyle Paterson

National wide receiver Alex Pierzchalski

International offensive lineman Randy Richards

International wide receiver Naaman Roosevelt

International defensive lineman Robert Singletary

International linebacker Phillip Steward

National offensive lineman Matt Vonk

International wide receiver Devin Wilson

National defensive back Paul Woldu

6 GAME INJURED LIST:

International defensive back Antareis Bryan

International defensive back Mark LeGree

National wide receiver Scott McHenry

International defensive lineman Cameron Sheffield

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the following transactions.

The following players have been released from the roster:

International receiver Ja-Mes Logan

International offensive lineman Marc Dile

International defensive back Dominique Franks

International kicker Anthony Santella

International defensive back Shaquille Richardson

International running back Carlos Anderson

International receiver Mike Willie

National quarterback Jordan Yantz

National receiver Jordan Reaves

National defensive back Justin Warden

The following players have been placed on the practice roster: