TC Day 3

I'm pretty sure Fred Stamps would agree with the injury privacy policy.

I missed that reference.  What happened to Stamps?

Years back, Hefney hit him in a "personal area" and he had to have an operation to remove "something".

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/cfl/the-sad-story-of-eskimos-slotback-fred-stamps-lost-********

Ouch.

I want to know what's wrong with our injured players. I hate the way O'Shea handles the media. I consider it lying by omission, which forces fans to make up their own injuries. Most of the time they are worse than the truth.

Flame away folks.

would you like the media to broadcast and the whole 'Peg to know if you have a nasty boil in your posterior ?

I want to know what's wrong with our injured players. I hate the way O'Shea handles the media. I consider it lying by omission, which forces fans to make up their own injuries. Most of the time they are worse than the truth.

Flame away folks.

I won't flame you, I'll just ask why you care so much. Their ailments are none of your business and a lot of the teams have adopted a "say nothing" approach because some injuries (or reasons they have to sit out) are personal and when they reveal details of some, but not others, it's easy to cherry pick who might have hemorrhoids or a herpes outbreak instead of just an ankle sprain.

But seriously - who the hell cares what a guy has that is bothering him.

Speak for yourself, detailed injury information is very important to a hypochondriac!

Flame away folks.

I won't flame you, I'll just ask why you care so much. Their ailments are none of your business and a lot of the teams have adopted a "say nothing" approach because some injuries (or reasons they have to sit out) are personal and when they reveal details of some, but not others, it's easy to cherry pick who might have hemorrhoids or a herpes outbreak instead of just an ankle sprain.

Personally, I don't care what the injury is... but knowing the time-frame would be nice...

Flame away folks.

Personally, I don't care what the injury is... but knowing the time-frame would be nice...

This I can get behind.  Is Richards ever going to see a football field again????  Ever??

Years back, Hefney hit him in a "personal area" and he had to have an operation to remove "something".

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/cfl/the-sad-story-of-eskimos-slotback-fred-stamps-lost-********

Ouch.

Why do you think we are issued a school bag? Surely not to keep the books laying around while playing.

I don't mind not knowing other then I start thinking it's serious and he's gone for 9. The mind has no boundry.

Friesen wanders into the Sun office with a latte in each hand (not for sharing), 10 am sharp, feeling awful proud of himself for getting up so early.

A first day intern wanders by, awestruck at being that close to a local celebrity, struggles to find something to chat about.  "So Mr. Friesen, what's the story today?".

"Hmm, well Bobby (not his name), one thing I've learned in this business is that the stories usually write themselves."

"You mean with a little investigative journalism, the truth always comes to light sir?"

Friesen spits out his latte in laughter "TRUTH?  INVESTIGATING?  JOURNALISM?  BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Oh kid, are you ever in the wrong office."

Friesen glances out the window to see who's looking.  "Alright Timmy (not his name), I'll give you a quick pointer or two."  Opens his desk drawer, pushes aside a bottle of Potter's Vodka and a Russian mail-order-bride catalogue, pulls out an old spinner wheel from a Twister game with writing scribbled all over it.  "You wanna succeed in this business Kenny (not his name),  I've got one word for you - click-bait headlines!  Come here, give the wheel a spin!"

The intern looks at the wheel.  Scribbled over "left hand red" was "Stadium Controversy".  Over right foot green, "Quarterback Controversy".  "Coaching Controversy", "Player Controversy", "Management Controversy".  The intern's head was beginning to spin.  "I don't understand sir, what if that isn't a story that day?"

Friesen spits out his other latte in laughter "That's the beauty of it Jerry (somehow actually the interns name because even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut, as Friesen's career has proven), that's the beauty of it!!!  IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!  Just by saying there is a controversy, there becomes one!!!  There is nothing that can be said or done by anyone to prove otherwise!!!  If they argue, well that's pretty much a controversy right there!!!  Don't you see!!!  They're like self-fulfilling prophecies!!!"

The intern looks down at his feet, saddened at having his ideals crushed on his first day on the job.  "Is that how Mr. Penton does it sir?"

"Penton?  @$#& that guy!!!"

Ouch.

If I recall he stayed in the game for a least a while too! The man earned some serious respect

Flame away folks.

This I can get behind.  Is Richards ever going to see a football field again????  Ever??

Never.

Keep in mind. It's the start of training camp and most of these players haven't played any actual football in months. Minor muscle pulls, and little injuries are quite common at the start of camp. Let's stop speculating that these injuries are "serious" when it's more realistic that most of them are day to day injuries.

Keep in mind. It's the start of training camp and most of these players haven't played any actual football in months. Minor muscle pulls, and little injuries are quite common at the start of camp. Let's stop speculating that these injuries are "serious" when it's more realistic that most of them are day to day injuries.

This is what happens when there is no fodder to chew on.  I vote we reinstate Tuscaloosa!

I agree Tuscaloosa kept it entertaining; at least he brought up topics to discuss even if he did seem to be troll baiting a bit or seemed to have an error in his understandings.  We are not all super smart when it comes to football; like me I probably know the least about foot ball then everyone here but I still like to come on and chat about what's going on with the bombers ever once in awhile :D

This is what happens when there is no fodder to chew on.  I vote we reinstate Tuscaloosa!

But would Tuscaloosa come back??  Even if we asked nicely?

But would Tuscaloosa come back??  Even if we asked nicely?

No....no I would not..ooooopss

Hey fellas, great to be back after my banning.  Lets get on with the show. Day 3 is in the books.

BEST of CAMP

FANS great crowd. Fans were situated around the west side of the field and nice to see everyone filling the space up. It was a beautiful sunny day so big turn-out.

Bombers mgnt They could have offered people umbrellas as it was pouring rain today.

BARRON MILES  What did he do? he showed up. So glad we got a respectable coordinator to coach our defense.

MIKE WILLIE this guy just might be the player we have been waiting for. By far the best WR in camp on day 3.

BRUCE JOHNSON came to play on day 3. Great in drills. Vocal leader with attitude for his fellow DB's and broke up pass after pass in WR drills.

WORST in CAMP

DAN WEST did not practice cause he was tired. It doesn't matter the reason you gotta be ready on day 3. Anyone that disagrees with me leads a weak-minded life.

Addison Richards -  Lets just say that if this was the NCAA he'd be long gone by now.  And I know this because Lou Holtz is my best friend in the whole world, and you don't know anything about football. 

Lots of rookies sloppy practice habbits too many to name but my gosh some have zero skill and do not take to coaching. Buck Pierce needs to correct the mistakes of these players which shows me he shouldn't be a coach. He is a vocal coach that instructs on a structure. That is not good coaching. The drills were extremely sloppy. Some of the players just did not listen.

We have no coaching, no running backs and no management.  O'Shea and Kyle Walters should be fired, and Danny McManus should be the president and general manager.  And I should be director of player personnel.  Because I know Chip Kelly.  And I am smarter than you.