CFL Draft needs

Childress

Shocked if they do go OL. Either way it's irrelevant but I think receiver has way less depth and there still will be OL at 11 and even 15. Draft being OL heavy makes me think going elsewhere at 2 makes way too much sense. Receiver being most likely

You guys are easily shocked.

I'll be shocked if the Bombers draft an albino zebra and immediately hold a press conference to announce it's retirement.

There's reasonable arguments to be made for drafting a receiver and an Olineman.  Why would either be shocking?

Oh dang. We need that albino zebra every game to ensure the calls will favor us.

You guys are easily shocked.

I'll be shocked if the Bombers draft an albino zebra and immediately hold a press conference to announce it's retirement.

There's reasonable arguments to be made for drafting a receiver and an Olineman.  Why would either be shocking?

After reading this I'm disappointed that it won't happen.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/04/29/simon-fraser-receiver-durant-pops-onto-nfls-radar

Durant getting NFL look...

Interesting that Boyko has 'slid off the radar'...  Boyko and Mateas going 1, 2?

Boyko still a gamble as he is likely to get a free agent shot after draft, if he isn't drafted that is.. Hopefully Mateas is still there for us to grab at 2.

Then nice thing is that there are 10 days between the NFL draft and the CFL draft this year. Couple that with no longer having to deal with NCAA juniors and there is the least uncertainty that there has ever been surrounding prospects' NFL chances.

Big time agree. This is the best chance ever to draft that stud that won't be gone in a week or two to the show, yup. We get a decent timeframe to decide if they are CFL or NFL bound.. Exciting times.

Not shocked lol. I'd be shocked if it hit plus 30 in April. 4 more degrees. Just gut feeling they go wr at 2

I'm not in to trading pick 2 for other picks, I mean what's the point really, It's the CFL DRAFT, not the NFL draft or NHL draft.. In my opinion, a guy taken at 2 is just as likely to succeed or fail as the guy taken at 22 or whatever really. It's not like there are sid crosbys or jameis winstons in the CFL draft, It's a bunch of guys that really, you don't know what you are gonna get.

With an OL, you could get a flop like Scott Mitchell who was ranked like number 1 in his draft year.. Or you could get a pierre luc labbe, say what you want but the guy had a great career and was a very late, if not the latest pick in his draft year.

In 2 years that OLINE you take at 2 might be off to the NFL cuz the NFL wants oline  too.. say we take an oline at 2 and he leaves for the NFL in a couple seasons? Is it a good pick? He never comes back meanwhile one of the guys we passed on, let's just say Demski here, he's a 1000 yard guy. 

I'm under the impression here that the rankings are meaningless, if you want Demski, take him at 2. If that's the guy you actually want... where you pick him is irrelevant, If he's the guy you want... pick him at 2 and go OL at 11 really. 

It's all about who the bombers feel will be the best player in the draft, perhaps the best player not to go to the NFL even in the draft, Listen Henock was a great player but he's in the NFL now.. was it really a good pick when you think about it? Don't you want guys who will stick around their entire careers?  If the bombers feel that Demski is the guy, get him, if they feel it's an OL, get him instead.

It's all about who they feel is the best player available, in terms of needs i would assume. Looking at the roster, Geez that Canadian receiver depth looks pretty weak actually. 

It really comes down to whether Neufeld and Goossen are good enough to both start and keep Willy's jersey clean. If they are, with Picard at center, and Greaves at guard, we have all kinds of good options in the draft. Its going to be definitely worth watching, and I haven't been this optimistic about our draft prospects for a long time. Its a long shot, but I would still love to see Varga here.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming no trades... but I would swap 2 with Hammie for 8 and 17 or 8 and Plesius or Prime

1. Ottawa - Mateas - Jets passed, have to take him, already have an NI OT

2. Winnipeg - Groulx - A bit of uncertainty with Waud, have to take best OT option

3. Toronto - Chungh - Keeping and Durie getting up there; OL probably the best pick but maybe REC

4. Montreal - Durant - With Foucault, no need for OL; could use some NI REC

5. BC - Ruby - Wally needs OL help

6. Sask - McEwan - Could be Demski but OL has holes

7. Edmonton - Campbell - Hervey's crazy! Or he suddenly realizes that Cauchy Muamba sucks

8. Hamilton - Demski - Hamilton crushes our dreams... unless we've swapped picks

9. Calgary - Ackie - Best player available

10. Ottawa - Murray-Lawrence - Ottawa needs NI REC

11. Winnipeg - Mrarube-Ajufo - Depth, learn from Westerman

12. Toronto - Lavoie - OL depth

13. Montreal - Archambault - BPA, Depth up the middle

14. BC - Bodanis - Wally really needs OL help... might go for a kicker, Treloar?

15. Winnipeg - Abankwah - Any receiver... I'm cheering for Abankwah

16. Edmonton - Shorthill - BPA; Hervey realizes that he should have picked OL in first round

17. Hamilton - Boyko - Austin takes a risk just to spite Huff

18. Calgary - Richards - Sinopoli's replacement

33. Rea - Could be a pleasant surprise

38. Lawlor - or some DL/OL project, don't need more LB/DB special teamers

I agree Gbill... and I think that's the best course of action for this team.

I think we Get Groulx, Harty and Forde...

Who knows... Maybe Demski does end up falling to us at 11. Would be nice

Everyone says Hamilton is going to go get Demski, but I disagree.... I think they want OL. Their Depth is really starting to thin out, and they really don't need 2 starting Canadian Receivers.

I agree Gbill... and I think that's the best course of action for this team.

I think we Get Groulx, Harty and Forde...

Who knows... Maybe Demski does end up falling to us at 11. Would be nice

Everyone says Hamilton is going to go get Demski, but I disagree.... I think they want OL. Their Depth is really starting to thin out, and they really don't need 2 starting Canadian Receivers.

I think Walters makes the trade down to #8... him and Austin seem to have a history of deals

Groulx, Harty and Forde would be fine too... 

Feel like Harty is pretty similar to Kohlert but I'd be fine with him or Richards, like the way Abankwah caught everything when the pressure was on, would be nice SB/RB Coombs type

Forde and Ajufo are pretty close - only picked Ajufo because of Forde's shoulder injury