Game 74 : Jets @ Canucks

Tired. Sloppy. We will see if it was just the back to back on the road or if the injuries are catching up to them. They are still on the bubble and can't lose games they should win

Win that game

That wasn't a game we should have won. View it from the Canucks pov and they'd have been extremely upset if they lost to a team in our situation.

Exactly.

Can't say that's a game we should have. I will not make excuses for the Jets, because they don't need any.

Suffice to say that when Lack needed to make a save - he did, and what can you say about the game Vrbata had, he made the plays when they needed them, and that was just enough to win 3-2.

Empty net goals don't mean a thing.

It's those friggin Kings that have me upset. They keep winning.

Played like crap for 2 periods really. Can do that against Edmonton and win but not against a good team. Hutch kept the game close. Made several key saves. Jets had what? 5 shots in the third? Won't win any games like that. The score might have been 5 to 2 but really it's a 3-2 loss. Empty net goals are irrelevant really. Not sure why anyone would be bothered by it

Hutch was the only reason the game stayed at 3-2 for as long as it did, he made several huge saves, several, Kept the team in it really, the team just sucked. Theres no other way to put it, The team sucked and if Pavelec started, we still would have lost cuz the goalie can only do so much, he's not out there getting shots on net, he's not out there taking penalties, he's not out there messing up 3 on 1 opportunities and not getting shots on goal in the process, That was a joke there, two 3 on 1's and we got zero shots out of it, My god, Slater, GOOD RIDDANCE next season really... 

The team didn't deserve to win and if PAV played, they still would have lost. People need to stop this crapping on the goalie stuff when the goalie was the only reason the game was so close for so long. 

The worst part about this game was the commentary and the canucks for kids stuff, it's a good cause, i get it but... it was basically a canucks regional broadcast and that's brutal.

How does anyone get off blaming Hutch when the team had all of 5 shots in the third period.. I don't get it really.

If PAV played and started and we lost? what would it be? should have started HUTCH? 

Gonna say it and go there but this crapping on the goalie stuff is eerily similar to bomber fans who for years crapped on every qb that came through this town, It's crazy actually.. Fun facts here, Pav has a 917 save percentage, Hutch has a 913 save percentage on the year.. That's good enough, that is league average goaltending really, Jets have got league average Goaltending. Before the season started, people were going on about if only the Jets could get average Goaltending, well they have gotten it, they are still in the 2nd wild card spot, Maybe just maybe, the team in front of the goalies just isn't good enough yet?

I hope they are, i want them to make it but if they don't, I'll bet significant changes come this off-season. 

Hutch was the only reason the game stayed at 3-2 for as long as it did, he made several huge saves, several, Kept the team in it really, the team just sucked. Theres no other way to put it, The team sucked and if Pavelec started, we still would have lost cuz the goalie can only do so much, he's not out there getting shots on net, he's not out there taking penalties, he's not out there messing up 3 on 1 opportunities and not getting shots on goal in the process, That was a joke there, two 3 on 1's and we got zero shots out of it, My god, Slater, GOOD RIDDANCE next season really... 

The team didn't deserve to win and if PAV played, they still would have lost. People need to stop this crapping on the goalie stuff when the goalie was the only reason the game was so close for so long. 

The worst part about this game was the commentary and the canucks for kids stuff, it's a good cause, i get it but... it was basically a canucks regional broadcast and that's brutal.

How does anyone get off blaming Hutch when the team had all of 5 shots in the third period.. I don't get it really.

If PAV played and started and we lost? what would it be? should have started HUTCH? 

Gonna say it and go there but this crapping on the goalie stuff is eerily similar to bomber fans who for years crapped on every qb that came through this town, It's crazy actually.. Fun facts here, Pav has a 917 save percentage, Hutch has a 913 save percentage on the year.. That's good enough, that is league average goaltending really, Jets have got league average Goaltending. Before the season started, people were going on about if only the Jets could get average Goaltending, well they have gotten it, they are still in the 2nd wild card spot, Maybe just maybe, the team in front of the goalies just isn't good enough yet?

I hope they are, i want them to make it but if they don't, I'll bet significant changes come this off-season. 

How does anyone get off blaming the team that had a 2 - 0 halfway through the second?  My point is it's a 'the chicken or the egg' argument.

I'm not knocking Hutch. But sometimes a tired team needs the goalie to bail them out.  Playing back to back road games all the way out on the West coast, coupled with the injury situation - to me it was obvious they would need some extra help from the goaltender.

The way Pavs has been playing of late, I think he would've helped them weather the storm during that slump in the second.   

Just my 0.02

How does anyone get off blaming the team that had a 2 - 0 halfway through the second?  My point is it's a 'the chicken or the egg' argument.

I'm not knocking Hutch. But sometimes a tired team needs the goalie to bail them out.  Playing back to back road games all the way out on the West coast, coupled with the injury situation - to me it was obvious they would need some extra help from the goaltender.

The way Pavs has been playing of late, I think he would've helped them weather the storm during that slump in the second.   

Just my 0.02

I'd say Hutch bailed them out several times last night.  Too bad the rest of the team couldn't return the favour.  I won't say we should have won that game because the Canucks appear to be a good team that deserved the win, but if the Jets team that I saw play the Blues and Caps a few days ago showed up in Vancouver we'd all be praising another Jets win.

I hope it's just a case of being fatigued and a bit shorthanded on talent that finally caught up to us.  Getting Little and Buff back would certainly help with that.

All slater does is win face offs tho. Even then winning it and getting it out of your zone Is a different story. Yeah faceoff wins are a good thing but it's not really that big of a deal if you lose them too. It's kind of like the plus minus thing. Don't mean much at all

All slater does is win face offs tho. Even then winning it and getting it out of your zone Is a different story. Yeah faceoff wins are a good thing but it's not really that big of a deal if you lose them too. It's kind of like the plus minus thing. Don't mean much at all

That's not a good comparison. Faceoff wins give you possession of the puck, which is a pretty important thing to have when playing hockey.

There are several guys who have made a career out of being good in the faceoff circle.

Why the slater hate? Wasn't he at like over 80% on face offs?

It's what happens after the faceoffs that can be an issue.  At times Slater shows why he should stay on the 4th line.

And at other times, you wonder why there's no one better to play the 4th line...

Look, winning FO's is nice, but you need to do more than that to hold down a job on a deep team.

Slater 1.6 and Thorbs 1.2 per.

Slater UFA and Thorbs 2 more years.

Said it before and I'll say it again, I would offer Slater a job with the organization at the end of the year. He has been a very good employee and should be rewarded after his playing time is done.

Slater 1.6 and Thorbs 1.2 per.

Slater UFA and Thorbs 2 more years.

Said it before and I'll say it again, I would offer Slater a job with the organization at the end of the year. He has been a very good employee and should be rewarded after his playing time is done.

I don't think Slater is done, someone will sign him.

Why the slater hate? Wasn't he at like over 80% on face offs?

It's what happens after the faceoffs that can be an issue.  At times Slater shows why he should stay on the 4th line.

And at other times, you wonder why there's no one better to play the 4th line...

Look, winning FO's is nice, but you need to do more than that to hold down a job on a deep team.