Game 74 : Jets @ Canucks

I saw an interesting stat last night - if the Jets need 11 points in 10 games (before last night) then if you do 10 game splits all year, there's only been one time (the initial 10 games of the year) they didn't meet that requirement.

That is an interesting stat.

Our remaining games are pretty brutal. Five wins doesn't seem like a gimme.

5-4 is entirely doable with the way they're playing. I'm more concerned with the lack of L's by the other teams in the race. Minny seems to have a spot on lockdown, though that changes if we beat them.

Tonight is huge if we can get 2 pts.

My gut says Maurice goes with Pavs, and who am I to judge. I'd start Hutch if it were me.

As far as tonight's goalie, damned if you do, damned if you dont.  if Pavs starts and sucks, people say come on we knew that would happen.  If Hutch starts and sucks, people say why didnt you ride the hot hand?  Ill trust the coach who's in the room and knows his goalies.

I'd go with Hutch for two reasons.  1) History  2) the Jets plays sloppy in Edmonton and have given up a lot of shots the last couple of games.  Going with Hutch *should* shake up the team a bit and have them locking things down a bit more.

It's weird, for the first time since the start of the season (remember the 1 - 0 shutout of the Rangers by Pav?) I feel confident that both goalies give us an excellent chance to win. That's a pretty sweet place to be. If the Hamburglar or the tall monster in Minnie get hurt those teams are hooped. The fact we have won 5 straight (4 against some of the best the league has to offer) without Buff and Little and Perreault etc. is also a plus. The bad mojo of about a month ago has turned for this team and they deserve it ... :)

Hutch is not making his coach look like a smart guy... I know the goals weren't bad on him but still 3 in a row is not good at all.

O'Dell and Trouba are struggling mightily tonight.  

Hop they can change it around in the 3rd since they were dominating for the most part..