Bombers add Jordan Reaves to neg list

gbill2004

So what exactly has he been doing other than being Willard's kid and having a brother in the NHL?

Tearing it up on the basketball court, apparently.

That may be overstating his case. I have no doubt that pro basketball pays a lot better than the CFL with a lot less chance of being pancaked by a 300 lb lineman.

So what exactly has he been doing other than being Willard's kid and having a brother in the NHL?

Tearing it up on the basketball court, apparently.

That may be overstating his case. I have no doubt that pro basketball pays a lot better than the CFL with a lot less chance of being pancaked by a 300 lb lineman.

There are many levels of "Pro" basketball with some being even less lucrative than the CFL. NBA salaries are very much the tip of the iceberg with only 450 players. I think having a 300  lb basketball center land on you after you both fall to a hardwood floor would be quite the painful experience although I would never equate football violence with basketball violence. Back in the early 1980's a roommate of mine went to France to play basketball for money. One of his teammates there played in the ABA . My roomate came back with little to show for his experience except some stories about French women.

Kind of reminds me of that super speedy american receiver we signed for TC that one time (believe it was Taman). He also hadn't played much of any football.  Can't remember his name though. He couldn't catch the ball, at all. Hopefully this is a different story.

Kamau Peterson?

Kind of reminds me of that super speedy american receiver we signed for TC that one time (believe it was Taman). He also hadn't played much of any football.  Can't remember his name though. He couldn't catch the ball, at all. Hopefully this is a different story.

The one thing going for Jordan Reaves is that his dad is a legendary Bomber. So hopefully at least the fundamentals are down pat. If he can use his athleticism and work on the specifics, he's worth the very very limited risk.

Kamau Peterson?

No not Kamau Peterson...he was Canadian and I believe played a lot of football before he got to the CFL. This guy was a track star of some kind and we brought him in to see if he could catch the football too. Didn't make it out of TC.

Kamau Peterson?

No not Kamau Peterson...he was Canadian and I believe played a lot of football before he got to the CFL. This guy was a track star of some kind and we brought him in to see if he could catch the football too. Didn't make it out of TC.

463.jpg

Publicity grab? WTF really. Why. Obviously they liked what they saw when he worked out for them. For the record Dr, who was the last "publicity grab"

The Whizzinator, Onterrio Smith?

Different regime, different decade... I don't believe you can draw a correlation between the two.. But technically speaking wouldn't pack an jones almost signing be more apt example?

I don't see the bringing in of a legends kid as a publicity stunt at all..

How does the fact that he is a legend' skid add credibility to this move. Gee I remember Cal Murphy brought in Don Mathews kid as a favour to Don. Or how about Brett Hull's brother Bart being signed? Don't tell me stuff doesn't get done for the sake of media attention.

How doesn't it give credibility.. Your a doctor so you should understand genetics.. Apples falling from trees and such.. Not rocket science..

Genetics do not determine athletic or intellectual performance, otherwise we would have a lot of hockey players named Richard, Mahovelich, Gretzky, etc etc and have our scientists all named Einstein, Feynman, Da Vinci and so forth. The only three generations of pro athletes are named Wilson.

How doesn't it give credibility.. Your a doctor so you should understand genetics.. Apples falling from trees and such.. Not rocket science..

Genetics do not determine athletic or intellectual performance, otherwise we would have a lot of hockey players named Richard, Mahovelich, Gretzky, etc etc and have our scientists all named Einstein, Feynman, Da Vinci and so forth. The only three generations of pro athletes are named Wilson.

That's right Adam Lowry.  Take your lousy hockey skills and go home.

And take Brenden Lemeiux with you.

There is something to be said for the politics in Canadian hockey. There are only so many spots on junior teams, and a lot of players are extremely similar in size and skill. I can see if there is a recognizable NHL name on the jersey, that kid is probably going to get some favorable treatment. I look at Ben Hawerchuk's numbers with the Barrie Colts and I wonder if he'd even be playing junior hockey if his dad didn't own the team.

That Smith gene pool seems to be pumping out a lot of good ones...  ;)

• 2 weeks later...